IGNORED

Missed 5 cuts and wins Fed Ex Cup

Twlvoltz
Note: This thread is 5724 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Can someone please explain how you miss 5 cuts in a season,
2 majors british,pga
1 Players Champ
1 Strong field tourney Wyndham
1 easiest course of the year FBR phoenix jeez im an 11-12 and probably could have made the cut there , ok not really but come on cut at Phoenix????

and you win the Fed Ex Cup

this playoff system is so screwy

they need to implement some deductions if there going to reset the points prior to the playoff tourneys

My suggestion as follows

miss the cut in a major you lose 5500 point which is half of a win in the playoffs

miss 2 cuts in a major you are out of the playoffs .

miss Players or WGC event 3500 point deductions.

miss cut at other 2500 point deductions

I feel so many other people deserve it than the cheating fijian. typical he comes sliding in and steals it like a thief in the night .

Since he played like crap all year after his stanford /st judes eagles commercial promise , i wonder if he will donate it to them .

Ok Off the soapbox.

If you want to find the best player with this playoff thing, get rid of the point reset.
But, I think the match play should be moved and made into the playoffs.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

If you want to find the best player with this playoff thing, get rid of the point reset.

Match play sounds like a great idea. Do the first 3 tournaments of the Fed Ex Cup playoffs the same as now, eliminating players until you have 32 left. Then the last week play match play to determine your champion.

In My Bag:
SQ Dymo2 10.5
SQ Dymo2 15
a2 3-PW
Tom Watson Wedges 52, 56, 60 Unitized Retro 33"

Match play sounds like a great idea. Do the first 3 tournaments of the Fed Ex Cup playoffs the same as now, eliminating players until you have 32 left. Then the last week play match play to determine your champion.

That's is a GREAT idea, this would make it so everyone has a chance to win. Not this BS stuff like "only the top 24 have a chance to win now, everyone else is playing for 2nd."

I mean Camilo won the tournament, but for what? 2nd place, because of where he stood before the tournament he had absolutely NO chance of winning the FedEx cup.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

how did the LA Rams win the SuperBowl with a 9-7 record?

The Rams played in the Super Bowl but were beaten 31-19 by the Steelers. But I get your meaning, they were there, they could have won.

There's many examples of teams or individuals excelling in the post season/playoffs when they were just good enough to get to the big dance in the first place. KU lost 11 games when they won the NCAA Tournament in 1988; North Carolina State was a 6 Seed when they won in 1983. It happens. And if they know the rules going in, who can complain? I haven't heard anyone on Tour complain about it yet?
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

We had a conversation the other day and this was the exact solution we came up with, plus miss the cut in prior weeks and you are out of the playoffs. Of course this was just us talking amongst friends and probably not the perfect solution but seemed logical to us. Our popular concession was it didn't seem right someone could win the cup before the playoffs were over, it would be like handing the Patriots the Superbowl trophy the week before they played the final game last year just because they were undefeated. Like I said, it may not be a perfect solution but seemed better than what they have now.

My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

I mean Camilo won the tournament, but for what? 2nd place, because of where he stood before the tournament he had absolutely NO chance of winning the FedEx cup.

If he had played better earlier, he may have accumulated enough points to still be able to win the Cup. I mean, too bad, but this is the way it was set up going in, and everyone knew it. Singh played well enough to win in the format that was presented. And I'm not a fan of Singh, but hey, he won, and I haven't heard anyone who matters complaining about it. Do they need to revamp the system? Sure, but don't take away what he did; it wasn't his fault they set it up this way. At least no one has said, "If TIGER was playing . . . yada yada yada."

My Equipment:

...I mean, too bad, but this is the way it was set up going in, and everyone knew it. Singh played well enough to win in the format that was presented.

agreed...

My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

If he had played better earlier, he may have accumulated enough points to still be able to win the Cup. I mean, too bad, but this is the way it was set up going in, and everyone knew it. Singh played well enough to win in the format that was presented. And I'm not a fan of Singh, but hey, he won, and I haven't heard anyone who matters complaining about it. Do they need to revamp the system? Sure, but don't take away what he did; it wasn't his fault they set it up this way. At least no one has said, "If TIGER was playing . . . yada yada yada."

I realize that, but I'm saying the fact that you could win in the playoffs, but not have a chance to win is not fair. I mean everyone that makes the playoff in football, baseball, or hockey, wins a game (or the series) and still has a chance to win. I'm not saying they he should have won, but he should be at-least able to have a chance to win.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Had he not missed the cut in the first event, he would have had a chance. Gotta make cuts. Especially in the playoffs.
My Equipment:

Had he not missed the cut in the first event, he would have had a chance. Gotta make cuts.

I realize that! Did you not read my post? Despite missing a cut, he won a tournament, and I just feel that if you win a part of the playoff you should at least have a chance to win.

Here's what I play:

Does anyone know if Villegas is whining about this? Or anybody on tour?
My Equipment:

Does anyone know if Villegas is whining about this? Or anybody on tour?

How am I whining? Am I not aloud to state my own opinion? I know that what is done is done, but I just feel that the PGA Tour needs to rework the FedEx Cup. They do a good job of penalizing people who perform poorly, but don't do as good a job of rewarding people who perform well. That is what I think, and I am not saying they need to change it right now so that Camilo can win it, I just feel they still need to tweak the system, they are close to have it set up very well IMO. Again this is my opinion so don't take it as anything other then that.

Here's what I play:

Haven't heard Villegas talk about it.

I did hear him say that it was the worst cut to miss, but no whining on his part.

I think inside he must be pissed at not having a chance.

Blade Stand Bag
905R 11.5 R flex
Tight Lies 3 Wood
Ci7 Irons 4-GW R Flex
Vokey SM Wedges 54 / 58Classic Putter #1 34"ProV1 or U-Tri Tour or E5+

Note: This thread is 5724 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!