IGNORED

Camilo Villegas

julie_m
Note: This thread is 5723 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I should start spelling my name Llulie.

Am I the only one who thinks Camilo Villegas looks like SNL's Fred Armisen? I see it every time they show his picture on the PGA events.

I should start spelling my name Llulie.

I like Camillo, but when I was watching the BMW the other day, I did think he looked a little like a lizard lately. Now sure why.

(Not intending to be mean. It was just one of those ran-dumb thoughts.) Ha! I just "got" the Llulie joke! And yes, there is a little resemblence:

CONGRATS to Camilo!

What a win, I was very impressed with the drive on 18.

This guy just needed that first one, he will be money and the best South American golfer of all time IMO.

Camilo and Kim are super stars in the making. Excited to see if they can take on Tiger.

Blade Stand Bag
905R 11.5 R flex
Tight Lies 3 Wood
Ci7 Irons 4-GW R Flex
Vokey SM Wedges 54 / 58Classic Putter #1 34"ProV1 or U-Tri Tour or E5+

CONGRATS to Camilo!

In the future, if you are going to give away the results of a tournament that some of us may not have watched yet in a thread that is not clearly labeled as a spoiler, could you PLEASE use the [spoiler] tags. There's even a button for it:

--->

I like Camillo, but when I was watching the BMW the other day, I did think he looked a little like a lizard lately. Now sure why.

Oh harry, look at those forearms. Turn you on at all?

In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I am very happy that Camilo won, since he is one of my favorite players and now hopefully he will go to the Mercedes-Benz championship so I can watch him.

But congrats Camilo!!! Keep 'em coming!

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

In the future, if you are going to give away the results of a tournament that some of us may not have watched yet in a thread that is not clearly labeled as a spoiler, could you PLEASE use the [spoiler] tags. There's even a button for it:

Sorry Harry,

I thought that if you didn't know the results you would never read the tour talk threads. I opened tour talk and there was actually a thread that says missed 5 cuts and wins fedex cup. Well the only person that could have won was VJ only if Villegas won today, so I didn't think about spoilers. Honest mistake. Sorry.

Blade Stand Bag
905R 11.5 R flex
Tight Lies 3 Wood
Ci7 Irons 4-GW R Flex
Vokey SM Wedges 54 / 58Classic Putter #1 34"ProV1 or U-Tri Tour or E5+

Sorry Harry,

Yeah, I'm with you, it would be silly for them to visit any golf board if they haven't watched it. Harry is just thrilled since we called him cool (on another thread) for his nifty find on how to make a spoiler.

What is that icon anyway, Harry? A clam with a blindfold?

Sorry Harry,

elsito99. Thank you for that. I'm so used to people saying - "Don't be on a golf message board if you don't want to hear results." and then I have to explain "My time is limited. I multi-task by watching TV ans surfing at the same time. If I avoided TST all the time because I didn't want to know the results of a round of a golf tournament (4 days out of a week), or a football game (Thurs, Sat. Sun.) or baseball (???), then I could never come here.

Again, I appreciate your response. (Oh, and I use the "New Posts" button - that's the reason the Tour Talk stuff shows up. If there was a way to toggle the Tour Talk section out on tournament days, I would love that. But from now on, I might just manually search the forums on tournament days to reduce the possiblity of reading a spoiler. Good idea, thanks.)

Yeah, I'm with you, it would be silly for them to visit any golf board if they haven't watched it. Harry is just thrilled since we called him cool (on another thread) for his nifty find on how to make a spoiler.

Read my post above Llulie.

I completely agree that it's risky for me to surf before watching the tournament. But it's so easy for people to avoid spoilers. Then they could still discuss, and those of us who haven't seen it yet could still visit and read/contribute to other threads. And actually, I think it's a clam with a helmet. Or maybe a white football with a helmet.

Read my post above Llulie.

Sundays are definitely for sitting on one's bum and absorbing as much football and golf as possible. So sorry you gotta be working all through it!

If you turn your head sideways and squint a bit, it kind of looks like a blindfold with a string attached.

Sundays are definitely for sitting on one's bum and absorbing as much football and golf as possible. So sorry you gotta be working all through it!

Oh no, I must not have been clear. I meant that I cram 2 leisure activities into 1. I surf and watch TV at the same time. But I have to pick what to watch. Either football or golf has to be recorded. So it's annoying when the recorded one gets spoiled. I know some people don't mind knowing the outcome, but it kind of ruins it for me.

If it's an innocent mistake like elsito99's was, then I just chalk it up to risky behavior on my part (surfing while watching.) But lately, it seems like there have been a lot of threads that spoil the outcome for no other reason than the person posting wanted to be the first to say "Congratulations [insert name of winner]!!!" And there is no reason for that kind of post: (a) the winner isn't reading here, so there is no reason to congratulate him/her; (b) other people watching in real time already know who the winner is; (c) people not watching but who want to know the winner aren't going to troll the threads here hoping to run across results, they are going to espn.com, pga.co, or lpga.com, etc.; and (d) those not watching, but planning on watching later, don't want to know. So, people who want to discuss can start a thread called: "BMW Winner!!!! (spoiler)" In fact, with that title, the spoiler notification isn't even necessary. Sorry, spoilers are a bit of a pet peeve with me. I REALLY like sports - football, baseball, golf, college basketball, etc. To me, they are one of the few programs on TV where you can't figure out the ending in the first 5 minutes. (Well, unless it's Sunday and Tiger had the overnight lead. )

Guess we're lucky, all the games shown here were blowouts so we could watch golf. And even a little tennis. Anyone see that? THAT was a good match too!

I did want to be the first to start a discussion on Camilo, I didn't know it would turn into your kind of pet-peeve zone. I want to know:

-How the hej two 'L's make a J sound
-Am I the only one who sees Fred Armisen? (Apparently, no. I am vindicated. )

I want to know:

I'm fairly confident that's just a Colombian thing. When I was taking a Spanish class, my tutor (a very hot Colombiana who graduated before I could talk myself into thinking she'd be interested in dating me) pronounced "y"s and "ll"s like "j"s.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I'm fairly confident that's just a Colombian thing. When I was taking a Spanish class, my tutor (a very hot Colombiana who graduated before I could talk myself into thinking she'd be interested in dating me) pronounced "y"s and "ll"s like "j"s.

It must be - I took Spanish too, most of it from a Spaniard...LL is usually pronounced like a Y..."Me llamo Julie" being "May yah-mo Julie."

So she said "jamo?"

It must be - I took Spanish too, most of it from a Spaniard...LL is usually pronounced like a Y..."Me llamo Julie" being "May yah-mo Julie."

She did not say "jamo." Phonologically, the sound is classified as the

voiced palatal fricative. It occurs only when certain vowel sounds follow it.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Note: This thread is 5723 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!