IGNORED

What's the best round you've witnessed?

Octuple Bogey
Note: This thread is 5469 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What is the best round you've witnessed, (besides at a PGA tournament)? I'm talking about friends you've played with, strangers you've played with, or yourself if you've never seen anybody score any better.

I witnessed a 69 once from an amateur a few years back on the par 72 Dobson Ranch municipal course in Arizona from the blue tees. I witnessed a 70 on the par 72 Ken McDonald municipal course in Arizona by an amateur from the blues. In that case the guy could have done even better had he not had a tragic double bogey on the par three seventeenth. In Spokane I witnessed a 72 on the par 72 Meadowwood Course by an amateur from the whites. I'm wracking my brain but honestly I can't think of any other par or subpar 18 hole rounds that I've witnessed... and I usually take note pretty quickly when I see it happening.

But then again I haven't played with many clubhouse professionals (one), golfers on university scholarship (one female university player and three male community college players) or other elite players, just the guys who show up to the local municipal courses, (and a good chunk of them are lucky to even break 90 or 100.)

I played a round at Gordon Lakes last month and watched a guy in our group simply burn it up.

I was mired down in my own inept game on the front...working through some pain in my right knee....couldn't figure out a painfree swing that would work, etc.

Anyway....through the clenched teeth and low cursing I noted that he was close to even par on the front. The fella hit the ball a ton with his driver....working it at will.....usually a hit shot, but could curve it on demand...it was really cool to watch.

We made the turn and the Advil started working for me and I was "back in it" as far as laughing and joking around with my playing partner and feeding off the success of the other guys in the foursome.

This guy's putts started dropping for him and he shot 4 under on the back nine.

He carded a subpar round and shrugged off the praise from us. I was very impressed. Both he and his normal playing partner seem to be real relaxed on the course and laid back in general. Both are great players.

I should also note that the guy was having to take multiple cell phone calls and texts throughout his round (for his job) but yet he made it a non-distraction.

A class act who was a gracious host to me when my round was poor. He offered a few encouraging comments that really helped.

You really have to love greatness combined with the abscense of ego.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Played with some kid who told us he was goofing off, not using his clubs, just wanted to "try out some things" and went +3 from the tips.

In the bag...

Driver: Sumo Squared 2007 Model, 10.5, Stiff Shaft
2I: Sumo Squared Hybrid
3I-SW: Nike Ignite, Graphite Regular Shaft60 Degree: Nike SV Tour Satin BlackPutter: Newport Studio Select 2 Mid-Slant 33"Trying to figure out what 14th club to add...

Not the lowest score but the most impressive was when I first started playing about 20 years ago and played with a 72 year old guy who shot a 76 on a moderately tough course. He only hit it 180 off the tee but everything was dead straight and was lights out on and around the greens. Got up and down the whole round and made everything inside eight feet....It really showed me you don't need to be long to score and ever since I've spent a lot more time practicing chipping and putting than anything else.

You can talk to a slice, but a hook doesn't listen.

In my bag:
14 clubs and some beer on ice...

I witness a 69 and also a 70 with 4 birdies in a row.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

What is the best round you've witnessed, (besides at a PGA tournament)? I'm talking about friends you've played with, strangers you've played with, or yourself if you've never seen anybody score any better.

In 1989, my son and I followed Payne Stewart for all four rounds of the Nabisco Championship (now called the Tour Championship). The tournament was held at the Harbour Town Golf Links in Hilton Head. In the last round, Payne birdied the first five holes, and then sank his second shot on the par 9th hole for an eagle. His 29 set a new course record for the front nine. It was unbelievable, especially when we heard the roar from the green on the 9th hole (we were back along the fairway ropes watching Payne and Scott Hoch hit from there.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

I used to regularly play with a guy who would shoot anywhere from 3-7 under. I've never been able to udnerstand how he could make his back and forward swing "one" slow steady swing that shot the ball 300+ yards.. He was fun to play with for sure...
Drivers:
FT-i Draw 9* W/Grafalloy Red
Sumo2 5900 9.5* W/Grafalloy Red

Irons: A3OS 3-PW Graphite/Steel regularWedges: A3OS GW, SW, LWPutter: Rossa Monza SpiderLittle round white thing:

It has to be a buddy of mine that I played with this last weekend. He's a lot better than me a 2-4 maybe a little lower. Probably would not believe this if I didn't see it.

here is how it went..

hole #
1. par
2. par
3. bogey
4. hits 2 OB in a row and cards an 8
5. par
6. birdie, putts from the fringe off the green on a par 3
7. birdie
8. par
9. freaken eagle.. pitched in on a short 310yd par 4
10. birdie
11. narrowly misses a hole out eagle over some trees for a tap in birdie
12. par
13. par
14. bogey misses a sand save

then par, par, par, par... for an even par round of 71... just incredible.

X-460 9.5* tour Driver/Fujikura stiff
X-15* tour 3 wood/Fujikura stiff
3DX 18.5* Hybrid/Aldila stiff
681 3-PW/Project X 6.0 (now in bag)
X-16 Pro Series Irons/Dynamic Gold S300 54* and 58* wedges Anser Sn putter

The best round that I witnessed was my own, in a practice round for my first big tournament I shot a 36-34 (-2) and proceeded to shot 85-90 in the tournament

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

The most amazing round I witnessed this year was probably my buddy Lange. a 15 handicap at the time and he was on fire through this stretch of holes. He didn't hit many GIR's but his Up/Down was simply amazing.

He would miss a green, chip, drain the 8-10 Footer like nothing. He did this like 5 times in a row. And then on the back got even hotter and was Even Par up to hole 16 or so I beleive. Needless to say, a 15 handicapper shooting 80 at a tough course is amazing.

He had a great day.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I played with a Japanese gentleman that shot -2. It was pretty unreal. I also played with a guy who shot a 74, earlier this year. He was glad that the ground was firm because he was "finally able to take some divots." These divots looked like flying pancakes, too.

The best I've played was shooting a 38 on the back nine. I had a six hole stretch where I went par, birdie, birdie, par, par, par. It was pretty amazing. If only I could bottle it up and use it for 18.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

the best score I have ever witnessed was by a kid at my high school. I thought i was playing really good, but at the end of the day when I ended up with what was good for me (82) I saw his score of 71 on a 72 course. He was number one on our varsity and now I see why.

Driver: Nike Sumo 5000 8.5 stiff V2 shaft
Woods: IDrive 3 & 5 square (Callaway Clone)
Irons: Callaway X Forged 3-PW w/Rifle 5.5
Wedge: Titleist Vokey 2009 spin milled 52 degree Adams 60 degree
Putter: Maxfli BlackMax TwoBag: Nike Sasquatch Tour Stand BagBall: Whatever is in my bag that day

A 62 (with one bogey) was shot at my home course earlier this season. The kid tied the club record which he now shares with his father....both of which play on both leagues that I am on. It's a pretty easy course but both are very talented golfers....for the most part.

They play on my two man scramble league together and shot 29 last night.....second time this year.

I would have to say just recently me and a friend paired up with this guy that had to be in his seventys at least. It was a small nine hole course and this guy was very nice. From my city in another state too which was kind of cool. he did not hit it far (used drivers on par 3's to roll it up). but he hit straight and consistant. No he didn't burdie every hole, nor did he even par every hole. but here is this man up there in age walking the course. He told us his life story in golf how last year on that course alone he walked 600 something miles. stories about cross country golf and the 14 hole in ones he made. The hole in one stories where great because it gave me this great idea. he used colored balls on par threes and when he got a hole in one he would write the date and put it in a trophy case. he kept a sheet tallying every shot his ball had. this book was old and very depleated. for every shot, on every colored ball he had a tally up to when it made it to the hole in one. This guy was one of the most pleasant people to talk to and would give praise to good shots made and confident words on bad shots made. As it came down at first I felt bad because I was hitting it long(not straight). far longer than him. Until I noticed he never did worse than a bogy. I come from a home course that is challenging but there are no trees. this little 9 hole course was challenging in that few spots of the fairways where flat, they sloped one way or another. and there where a lot of trees. I don't ever play trees and with the in accurate shots I was makeing I was in them a lot. this guy would wip out a driver and hit it no more than 150 yards on the carry with the wind at his back. but even when on the green in three would manage par on the fours. this mans putting was amazing. on this day he ended up with a 1 over par 37. I was happy just to get to 43. My very last day I played here again. and guess who got paired with us!?! and nothing to suprise he played just as good even in the wind. Did he play better than others I have played with no. but to see this man at his age shooting that well provides me with the best round I have ever seen someone play.

sorry about my grammer. I am in a lazy typeing mood right now.

Bag: Ogio
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XLS 9.5 gold stiff
3W: Pro Select 15*
Irons: Pro Select 3-PW
Wedge:Adams Tom Watson set GW, SW, LWPutter: Cleveland VP 1balls: E6+ or Srixonshoes: Adidas powerband"Stop looking at my ears and play!"Home course. Antler Creek; tees; Black 77.5/150, Gold...

2 times: I was playing at a course in Vegas and someone broke the course record from the whites. he was like 64. and a really nice guy.
2nd time i was in florida at falcon's fire this year. the group behind us were BLAZINg. people were walking up with them. i thought it was a pro or something. the guy was just on his way to shooting 5 under for the day. we all stayed and watched him par the 18th. a young guy too. he coulnd't have been more than 35

the best round that I was ever involved with to see some1. this kid was 15 years old. 15 and could HAMMER the ball well beyond me. i was cracking them about 280 that day and he was money in the 300's. from the tips he was still wedges away..at most an 8 iron that he hit a nice 160 - 170 consistent and clean all day. he went eagle. birdie.birdie. par. par. bogey. birdie birdie par

amazing.... i mean simply amazing! 5 under thru 9. WTF?
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

Note: This thread is 5469 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!