IGNORED

Anyone wear contacts?

ScottyCameron
Note: This thread is 5699 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Do anybody reccomend these. I also have a question and I think I know the answer but I want to make sure. Do you have to get glasses before contacts, or can you get contacts right away?

I have asked different people and they said different answers to that question. Any thoughts?

In my Bag-

Driver: 909 d3 Matrix Ozik XCON 6 stiff
3 wood: 906 f4 Graphite Design YS-6+
Irons: r7 tp Dynamic Gold S300Wedges: vokey spin milled Putter: tei3 newport 2

Do anybody reccomend these. I also have a question and I think I know the answer but I want to make sure. Do you have to get glasses before contacts, or can you get contacts right away?

Do we recommend contact lenses in general? I can't imagine anyone saying "No." I got both glasses and contact lenses at the same when I was first prescribed corrective lenses.

Do you have to get glasses first? No, but you want a pair of glasses. You can't wear contact lenses 24/7/365, nor will you want to. Besides, if you ever lose one and don't have a back up with you, you will want your glasses. I've never used anything but disposable lenses (Acuview).

I wore glasses first, then when I changed to contacts I have no idea why I ever stuck with just glasses. They don't fog, don't gather rain, and peripheral vision is much better. Usually you can stick them in and forget about it, but if you're a person who's eyes get irritated (allergies or whatever,) that's sure a pain. But Harry's right, keep the glasses for those odd days, and late nights when your eyes are bleary.

They always give out samples - ask for one and try it for two weeks or so, see what you think.
You can't wear contact lenses 24/7/365, nor will you want to.

That's always irked me. I know it's a colloquialism, but if we're multiplying up, wouldn't it be 24/7/52?

Do anybody reccomend these?

No question! I waited way too long to enjoy the benefits of contacts. If you play golf contacts are so much better than glasses. And, as you get older and you have to deal with bi-focals, contacts are a blessing - try hitting with the bi-focal line messing with your sight...

You need a pair of glasses as well. When I fly to Europe and Asia, I've found that glasses are better than contacts - especially when you're trying to get work done, read a lot, or get some sleep. Go for it... you won't regret it!
iQuestGolfer
It's not about what's in your bag; it's about what you do with the clubs in your hand. Play iQuest Golf.
SQ 460 9.5*, ProForce V2, FlexS
3W Offset SZ, MR-SL60, FlexR
SlingShot 20*, hDiamana Mitsu Rayon, FlexSMaltby Recoil Irons, 4-PW, SW FlexR RAC Wedge Black TP, 60*, 12*bounce XG...

I never wore contacts till a few years ago, I had been playing in a mens hockey league and I just struggled to see the puck (I play D). I had an eye appt. and asked the dr. and he hooked me up, best thing I ever did! Now I ran out in the winter and just never got around to getting more, and I regret it. I hate playing with my glasses on.

Pete

WITB
What's in SiD's bag

Ogio Stand Bag
Driver
910D3 9.5 set to 8.5
907D2 9.5 VS Proto Stif

f3WoodCleveland XLS 15* Stiff

Irons TaylorMade Tour Preferred 4-9

Wedges Gun'd 48* & Vokey 58

Putter 34" XG #7

you need contacts and glasses. you cannot wear contacts 24/7. if you get an eye infection or have allergies then you have to switch to glasses. but playing golf with contacts is far superior to wearing glasses, then with contacts you can get a great pair of sunglasses which will help with reading greens. Prescription glasses of this quality are very very pricey

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

So are you guys saying that you can get contacts right away but have glasses for other stuff? Ok. That sounds cool. Yeah, I could never play golf with glasses with my aggressive swing

In my Bag-

Driver: 909 d3 Matrix Ozik XCON 6 stiff
3 wood: 906 f4 Graphite Design YS-6+
Irons: r7 tp Dynamic Gold S300Wedges: vokey spin milled Putter: tei3 newport 2

That's always irked me. I know it's a colloquialism, but if we're multiplying up, wouldn't it be 24/7/52? [/QUOTE]

Great observation - I've never thought about it, but it seems to make sense.

I wore glasses for about 7 years before adding contacts. It was great to always have a back-up. But, after dealing with corrective lenses for about 25 years I had the Lasix surgery. It has been great! I don't know if improving my eyesight from 20 / 300 to 20 / 15 has improved my golf game but I know I like being able to see a lot better.

lasik is the best thing, I have ever done, I use to get infections in my eyes because they were super sensitive toward certain allergens, and cost wise in the long run you will save more by going the lasik route

R9
Burner 3 wood
Burner #3 hybid
R7 4-P
Vokey Spin Mill 54 58 Studio Select Midslant Newport

I started out with glasses but quickly went to contacts. I was playing baseball and as a catcher my choices were either wearing the Chris Sabo goggles (he was the Cincinnati Reds third baseman in 1990 for those of you that are young or don't know baseball) or contacts. I talked with the coaches about it and they gave me the pros and cons about both. I chose the contacts. I did have a bad experience with them once though. When you first get them the doc (or atleast mine did) suggested only wearing them for a short period of time. So I always chose after school during baseball practice or a game to wear them. Well I wasn't very good yet at putting them in and lost one. Thank God it was a disposable and not a hard one. Well I put the other one in and didn't worry about the one I lost. I was warming up one of our pitchers before the game and took a fastball off the top of my glove right in the middle of the forehead.

That smarted a little. I'll agree with Harry on everything but the following quote.
You can't wear contact lenses 24/7/365, nor will you want to. Besides, if you ever lose one and don't have a back up with you, you will want your glasses.

I have worn contacts for almost a year straight without taking them out unless they fell out. I wouldn't recommend it but when you are too lazy to take them out it can be done. Like I said you SHOULDN'T do it though. I have also worn the same pair of 2 week disposables for a year. The eye doctor was impressed they held up that long but didn't recommend do that either. That's why they are called 2 week disposables.

That's always irked me. I know it's a colloquialism, but if we're multiplying up, wouldn't it be 24/7/52?

Julie you're just being a smarty pants.

lasik is the best thing, I have ever done, I use to get infections in my eyes because they were super sensitive toward certain allergens, and cost wise in the long run you will save more by going the lasik route

I'd love to get lasik but since I'm "young" (only 26) the eye doc told me I had to wait until my vision quite changing before she would recommend lasik.

Like everyone else I'd suggest getting contacts but have a pair of glasses for just in case. I usually wear my glasses on Saturday's and Sunday's when I'm just laying around the house doing nothing.

In my Pro-Walker stand bag:

Driver: Founders Club "The Judge" Graphite shaft (benched for bad play)
3-wood: 15* steel shaft
5 & 7-wood: Velocitized BBT Oversized Graphite Shaft Medium Flex 21* & 25*3-iron: Wilson Sam Snead Blue Ridge (benched for bad play)4-SW: Maker's Pride irons steel shaftsP...

Having studied this, I can assure you that you are a victim of marketing hype. Most people will end up getting multiple Lasik operations. Lasik is a good solution for people who don't want glasses or contacts, but it's in no way a permanent solution.

You can get contacts and glasses at the same time, but I don't know of anyone who got contacts without glasses. I take mine out when I'm driving distances at night because glasses reduce glare, as well as when I wake up, before bed, when I'm hungover, or when my eyes are just tired, etc. Personally, I've always worn Focus Dailies... I believe they're a little more expensive on a yearly basis, but I like not having to worry about losing contacts, cleaning them, etc. And one thing to remember about glasses: they're becoming increasingly popular as a fashion accessory. It may not matter to you, but many people are wearing glasses out, especially black frames with black tie. I personally stick with contacts, but it's an option.

I threw my clubs into the lake so it's time to start over...

Driver: Great Big Bertha II 10°, Callaway System 60 Firm
Woods: Tour 2400 Plus 3
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H, Adila NV 85 SIrons: X20 4-GWPutter: Studio Select Newport 2

I have worn contacts for almost a year straight without taking them out unless they fell out. I wouldn't recommend it but when you are too lazy to take them out it can be done. Like I said you SHOULDN'T do it though. I have also worn the same pair of 2 week disposables for a year. The eye doctor was impressed they held up that long but didn't recommend do that either. That's why they are called 2 week disposables.

Really REALLY bad for your eyes. Just asking for a serious eye infection.

Really REALLY bad for your eyes. Just asking for a serious eye infection.

Luckily never had an infection (knock on wood). I will never do this again though. Not worth the risk. Now I might sleep in them over night here and there but never more than one night.

In my Pro-Walker stand bag:

Driver: Founders Club "The Judge" Graphite shaft (benched for bad play)
3-wood: 15* steel shaft
5 & 7-wood: Velocitized BBT Oversized Graphite Shaft Medium Flex 21* & 25*3-iron: Wilson Sam Snead Blue Ridge (benched for bad play)4-SW: Maker's Pride irons steel shaftsP...

Is lasik surgery expensive?

You betcha, anywhere from $1500 to $2500, and that is for one eye - double it if you want to see with both eyes. Think about this too, someone is either going to put a pulsating laser or knife to your cornea in order to shape it for refractive correction... Damn drastic. I use contacts.

"Every man is his own hell" - H.L. Mencken

as an optometry student I recommend getting both glasses and contacts. First of all you're going to want to adjust to the sight correction with the glasses, as well as get used to putting in, adjusting and taking out your contacts.

I usually wear contacts all day and take them out at night, but sometimes your eyes need a break in order to let oxygen get to them, which is when glasses come in handy.

I find contacts much better for driving and sports, but glasses just for lazy days and when my eyes get tired from reading, watching tv, etc.

Cleveland Hibore xls tour w/ fujikura gold, stiff
flex
Northwestern - 5 wood
3-9 silverback 845cm
48, 54, 60 (silver scot) DetourBalls WarbirdBag Warbird Hot I want a 1 and 2 hybrid.....any recommendations?

... Now I might sleep in them over night here and there but never more than one night ...

Man, I don't know how you do that ... if I even take a 20 minute nap with mine in they feel like sandpaper afterwards ... I could never sleep in mine.

I, too, have both and it makes the world a whole lot easier! If I am playing sports, doing a photoshoot I am wearing my contacts. If I am bumming around the house, doing any prolonged computer work it's my glasses all the way ...
In my Bag:

Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff shaft
3 WoodBurner 15* stiff shaft
5 WoodBurner 18* stiff ShaftHybrid3DX (18.5*)Irons: (4-LW):Putter: Rossa Indy SportBalls: Reds

Note: This thread is 5699 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!