IGNORED

What's On Your Mind as We Begin 2006?

iacas
Note: This thread is 6624 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
I know it's not the actual start of 2006, but I just wrote an article about what's on my mind these days.

What's on yours?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1. A 10 index.
2. Tee the ball higher.
3. Short game really DOES matter.
4. Play every round till the end, don't give up.
5. Convert more often than not (the up and downs)
6. 3 putts are evil

..for now

1. Get rid of stupid 3-putts
2. Book lessons to work on swing
3. Play in more tournaments

In My Bag:
Driver: Trusty Taylormade 8.5 R580 X Stiff Graffaloy Blue
Wood: Titleist 980F 17.0 (4 wood) Precison Rifle 6.5
Irons: Ben Hogan Apex Plus (3-9i) Precision Rifle 6.5
Wedges: Titleist Vokey 200 series 48,52,56,60Putter:MacGregor M5K "Bobby Grace"Ball: Pro V1

• Administrator
1. Get rid of stupid 3-putts

Did either of you read the article?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
Get on the + side of the handicap board....and pass the Players Ability Test...and lasty to qualify for a long drive contest

Just to clarify the comment I made above (#4), I'm not asking what your goals for 2006 are. We have a separate thread for that (

right here ). If you read the article you'll see it has nothing to do with goals. Mostly just general issues in golf...

Just to clarify the comment I made above (#4), I'm not asking what your goals for 2006 are. We have a separate thread for that (

Yes I see the artcle has nothing to do with that.....but you did ask
What's on yours?

so most as I assumed you wanted to know what was on our minds..and we let ya know

More competative golf is on my mind - The seniors and the ladies look to be a lot of fun to watch this year. One of the great things about these tours is they seem to always have a lot of the tops guys (or gals) playing each week. Not looking forward to the Nationwide, as we will get to see the good players from there in the PGA this year.

Speaking of the PGA, it will probably the year of the Tiger, again, but I am looking forward to how spots 2 thru 5 turn out. Tiger - Ernie - Goose - Vijay - Phil is my guess.

One thing I disagree with most of the commentators on is this being the year of the new guy. Sure Holmes and Oberholser racked up their first wins but once the season is in true full swing I think the Veterans will dominate. I hope I am somewhat wrong though, as it is always nice seeing new(ish) faces.

1. See how Tiger fares in '06
-hopefully very well

2. Seems like Lehman's getting his game together. Its been a while since we've had a playing captain in the Ryder Cup.

3. Camilo Villegas
-I love this kid. I hope he keeps his card. First win?

4. See if Ernie's got his groove back.

Jeff Gladchun

In my bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R7 Quad, 9.5°, Aldila NV
3 Wood: Titleist 904F, 15°, YS-6+ StiffIrons: Titleist 695CB 3-PWWedges: Titleist Vokey 252.08, SM56.10 SM60.08Putter: Odyssey White Steel #5 Center-ShaftBall: TaylorMade TP Black / Titleist ProV1xHome Course: Oakland Hills...

1. captain lehman as a playing captain
2. lpga - maybe more intrigue than the men's tour this year?
3. daly on the ryder cup team?
4. tiger better than 2000?
5. will annika win half her starts?

G5 10.5*, grafalloy blue pro launch S
BB 3W 15*
904f 19* 5W, graphite design ys-6 S
585h 19*, aldila nv 75-S
idea pro 23*, blue by you S mp-30 4-6; mp-33 7-pwCleveland 900 rtg 52*, wrx 60* spin milled vokey 56*/10Yes! heather putter b330s

-I'm wondering how Chris DiMarco will do in The Masters this year. It's starting to become one of the main storylines at Augusta, with the inclusion of Mr. Woods of course. And it's only a month away.

-Like Glad said, I'm also wondering how Ernie will fare this year, especially in the U.S. He has already proved he can win overseas, but I want to see how he does in the big U.S. tournaments with the stacked fields.

-I'm wondering if Adam Scott, Sergio Garcia, or Luke Donald will finally win a major this season. All three have been solid for a few years now and are due to win some big ones.

-Ryder Cup, Ryder Cup, Ryder Cup!! It's definitely one of my top two or three favorite events in golf. Will the United States be able to play as a team and defeat the Euros? I doubt it.

-Will Michelle Wie finally win something? The same goes for Natalie Gulbis. I think it's Gulbis' year.

That's what I can think of off the top of my head. However, things are always popping into my mind when it comes to golf.

• Administrator
-I'm wondering how Chris DiMarco will do in The Masters this year. It's starting to become one of the main storylines at Augusta, with the inclusion of Mr. Woods of course. And it's only a month away.

He - and Davis Love III - need to win a freakin' tournament already. Whatever Chris won internationally a month or two ago doesn't count. They need a PGA Tour win.

-I'm wondering if Adam Scott, Sergio Garcia, or Luke Donald will finally win a major this season. All three have been solid for a few years now and are due to win some big ones.

They won't.

-Will Michelle Wie finally win something? The same goes for Natalie Gulbis. I think it's Gulbis' year.

Nice final-round 72 or whatever at the Fields Open, eh?

Seems to that land prices are going up so fast that golf courses are going to start to dissapear.Point in fact Myrtle beach will lose 14 courses this year alone to housing.My own beloved WildWing is reducing from 72 to 27 holes and building 900 homes and condo's.On the tour front I see this year being a comeback year for DL111 as he is fully healthy.On the Ladies I look for SE Ray Pak to have a huge year.Anika will still be the best till she decides to retire because mentaly she is the toughest.If they want to make a "Pro Ball" go ahead just don't try to sell it to me,I need all the extra yardage I can get.If you think players can overpower all the courses then come play the Black with me and drop all the way back to the open tees.I think that they will continue to make better and hardier strains of turf to cut down on the cost of course maitenance.And I have to stop all this thinking and try to hit the damn ball straight and long!!

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

1. Tiger Woods - Will he be adding more majors this year?
  2. David Duval - Can he earn his card?
  3. Tom Lehman - Playing captain?
  4. Davis Love III - For some reason I feel it is a make-or-break year for him. He finished strong last year in the PGA and has started well, but hasn't won a tournament since 2003...the longest stretch since his first victory in 1987.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Just a few little things for 2006:

1.) Pay off the car
2.) Shoot in the 90's
3.) No more three putts
4.) Find out who killed Jimmy Hoffa
5.) Lose 20 pounds

Matt Karlak
a.k.a. The Undaunted Duffer

Driver: GT Xtreme
3 Wood: EVO5 Wood: Tight LiesHybrid: 3 ironIrons: X16's 4-SWPutter: AnserBall: DT SoLo

I have to agree that niether Adam Scott, Luke Donald, or Sergio Garcia will win a major this year. Furthermore, I believe this years major titles will go to players who have already won a major, no first timers this season. Also , I think Tiger will take home two of those titles, the Masters, and the British Open, not only because I'm a fan, but both those courses, especially Augusta suit his game and he's on track for another record breaking season.

As for Ernie, I really hope he can re-gain his dominance on the PGA tour. I know he plays a lot of events on the European circuit but I would like to see him more in the U.S. this year(I'm not sure of schedual). However, I dont expect him to have a good showing the majors this year. Just a prediction.
Northeastern University Golf Team

In Play:
Driver - Titleist 905R 9.5*/Aldila NV 75sFairway Wood - Titleist 904f 14.5*Dynamic Gold S300Hybrid - Cleveland Halo 2Iron(19*)Irons - Titleist 735cm(stainless)/Dynamic Gold S300 (Bent +0.5 degrees upright, +1.0 degrees strong) Wedges - Callaway...

Note: This thread is 6624 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!