IGNORED

I can't wait to get my license!

justinmill14
Note: This thread is 5669 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

ughh! I can't wait til I get my license! Then I can go practice golf when I want to! I was looking forward to going tommorow to the driving range and then playing nine holes. But then my mom decides that I don't need to go because I have done to much this week! It makes me so mad!

Its not always how you drive the ball, but how it arrives.

I know how you feel, I go for my test in about a week to drive alone. Currently can only drive with parents right now..

Having a really tough time deciding on what kind of car to get, even worse, my parents dont think I can get one until I couple of years, Ya its alot of money but I can afford it.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Your mum probably can't wait for you to get one either.

As soon as I was able to drive (17yrs old) my parents got me car and driving lessons! They were pissed off with driving me all over the place for golf/music lessons/to see friends/into town etc...

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

Wow, I feel really old reading this thread.

Haha, me too...20 years ago. But yes, it is a great feeling for a young man and as the folks always said "it's a privilege, not a right".

My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Your mum probably can't wait for you to get one either.

Wow, your so Lucky.. I mean I can afford an El Cheapo, but I mean I wanna get something nice for myself.

Any chance a guy making 8.50/Hr could manage an $11,000 car?
In My Bag

5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I know how you feel, I go for my test in about a week to drive alone. Currently can only drive with parents right now..

Same, except mine is in November!!! The wait is too long!!!

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Same, except mine is in November!!! The wait is too long!!!

Ya its crazy! All I can do is look at Cars and just fantasize.. Most of the cars I can afford are crap

In My Bag

my sister got a new car last week so I'm probably getting her old one...which was a 2001 Honda Civic 2door Silver.

I'll gladly take it as my first car.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

my sister got a new car last week so I'm probably getting her old one...which was a 2001 Honda Civic 2door Silver.

God lucky you.. Why do so many kids have it so well? Look at 907 with the 08 Impala.

In My Bag

Wow, your so Lucky.. I mean I can afford an El Cheapo, but I mean I wanna get something nice for myself.

Looking back I was fortunate but then I went to school with people who made me feel so poor it'd almost make me cry, and my parents were pretty well off! One of my friends was exceptionally wealthy and learned to drive on a Ferrari 355. Might seem daft but he always drove fast cars so it made sense to do it that way. In our final year of school he had the Ferrari, a BMW M5, a Mercedes CL55 AMG and then when his house in Kensington (expensive patch of London) ran out of garage space for cars he gave a friend a newly delivered Porsche 996, paid for the insurance and petrol because he'd rather do that and see it regularly than garage it up somewhere...and we were 17yrs old! I could tell 'rich person' stories about the guy for a whole evening, at least he was a great guy and generous with his money. Despite the cars and generosity he was actually very low key, couldn't say a bad word about him.

Back to reality, remember, a bad car is better than no car at all! If you do end up getting a car you aren't in love with then just be in good spirits about it. Give it a stupid nickname and don't be too embarassed about it. I'd much rather have a friend with a not so good car that can joke about it than someone like my wife's friend who has a BMW 3 series and WON'T STOP TALKING ABOUT THE EFFIN' THING. EVER! It pisses everyone off!

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

Drive carefully

http://medinatownship.com/MTPD/teena...ver_safety.htm Statistic show that twice as many 16 year old die from traffic accidents then 19 year olds

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

God lucky you.. Why do so many kids have it so well? Look at 907 with the 08 Impala.

Hey watch it.

But Dent, just come live in Alaska, get the dividend and then buy a car like me I mean the weather won't be much different

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

I truly feel for you youngsters out there, when I got my license gas was $1.50 a gallon. Now you have to sell a kidney to fill your tank.

"Every man is his own hell" - H.L. Mencken

Hey watch it.

i still dont get why you get free money, care to explain?

In My Bag

At what age you can get you license?

Regards!

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

At what age you can get you license?

I go for my road test in about a week, so at 16 you can get your full lisense, meaning you can drive by yourself.

In My Bag

Dent-

You can drive by yourself at 16, but are you allowed to have others underage in your car while you are driving (other than siblings)?

I seem to recall that in my state, you had to be 17 before you could have underage people that weren't related to you in your car unless you have 50 hours of supervised driving by an adult.
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

Note: This thread is 5669 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!