IGNORED

I miss my Tiger !

Scott_Tee
Note: This thread is 5720 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Let's play a game of "State the Obvious"......

Tiger is the best player in the world, and after his career, will be the best of all time.

After watching many losing USA Ryder cups, I feel the other US players want to "play up to Tiger's game" and it hurts them.

Zinger put a hell of a team together and I questioned the JB Holmes pick (obviously I was worng)!

Tiger is welcome on my country's team any day, as long as you have a few county boys mixed in to "ride the pony" off the first tee (Booooooooo Weekly!!!)

And in closing to iacas favourite player Ian Poulter....damn he played lights out, I don't like him either, but he is sort of like a pro wrestling "heel", when he is playing in his goofy outfits and snotty stares...he makes the game fun to watch!

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I don't see how anyone can draw such a conclusion that Tiger not playing and the US winning are mutullly exclusive.

It's very easy to draw that conclusion, when they are biased against TW. Not wanting to have the world's best player, who is also exceptional at match play, is really baffling. You guys are saying you'd rather have Steve Stricker instead of TWs?? And I guess Stricker must be a better team player because he was on a winning Ryder Cup even tho his record sucked ass.

in my EDGE bag:

10.5* XLS HiBore Driver, Fuji stiff VP70
15* XLS HiBore 3 Wood Gold stiff
22*, 25* XLS HiBore 3H, 4H, Gold stiff MP-57 5-PW, DG S300 MP-R 52 gap, MP-R 56 sandwedge SM Vokey 60 Lob Newport 2 Detour Pro-V1X, NXT Tour, Callaway Tour iXIgolf NEO GPS

Does it seem possible to anyone else that the US won because they were good and played well - and if Tiger had been on the team, they would have still won because they were good and played well, the only difference being Tiger would have been on the team? It's so simple it just might work.

The Ryder Cup would be better off without Tiger playing. He's obviously not a team player as evidenced by the fact they won for the first in 9 years and guess who WASN'T on the team.

Yeah, it's Tiger's fault he gets paired with Phil Mickelson and watch Mickelson play incredibly stupid and terrible golf.

It's Tiger's fault that at the last Ryder Cup Americans were putting balls in the water and missing easy putts. I remember, vividly, Zach Johnson looking at his European counterpart and all but begging that he concede the putt to Zach. Pitiful. Yeah, Tiger's not a team player. Absolutely. I mean, he's going to pass the ball to his teammate, right? Or, is he going to block downfield for them, right? Golf is and will always be an individual sport, no matter the setting, i.e., Ryder Cup. In playing Devil's Advocate, Tiger not being there helped the Americans. The Europeans were not playing their best because Tiger was not there. They had no motivation to play top notch golf. They thought it would be a walk in the park. Is that true? No. Neither is the US being better off without Tiger.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

• Administrator
In playing Devil's Advocate, Tiger not being there helped the Americans. The Europeans were not playing their best because Tiger was not there. They had no motivation to play top notch golf. They thought it would be a walk in the park. Is that true? No. Neither is the US being better off without Tiger.

The Europeans played some pretty top-notch golf. Harrington was off his game, but so was Phil. The only difference this year was that the Americans came to play too - they haven't in previous years.

I think to say the Euros played bad golf is to say you didn't watch the same Ryder Cup as everyone else.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I miss Tiger too, but I've watched every televised tournament since he's been gone and will continue to watch tournaments that he's not in. The way golf has been evolving lately I think that we'll continue to get great golf all around the board from here on out.

But about the Ryder Cup.... Some of you are acting like Tiger wasn't picked. He's injured and would've been on the team had he not been. They would've won either way IMO and they would've had just as much fun either way IMO. I mean... who doesn't have fun when they're winning??

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

I think what makes the American guys play better without TW, is that a lot of them are maybe a little intimidated of him, and don't look as him as a "peer". Thus making the team a little awkward. Maybe he's TOO GOOD to be a good teammate? Sounds crazy but that's my opinion.

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

• Administrator
I think what makes the American guys play better without TW, is that a lot of them are maybe a little intimidated of him, and don't look as him as a "peer". Thus making the team a little awkward. Maybe he's TOO GOOD to be a good teammate? Sounds crazy but that's my opinion.

That'd be one thing if anyone said anything like that. But by all accounts, Tiger is "one of the guys" with the best of 'em.

Again, Tiger was the leading point-earner in 2006. It's not like he's abysmal at the Ryder Cup. He's saddled with poor teammates four out of his five rounds, too.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Hey, I miss Tiger too. And I want my MTV. Life goes on.

I miss my MTV too! Gone are the days of

MUSIC VIDEOS!! But yeah - Tiger not being there really has no bearing on how the US won this year. I miss him too, but c'mon - its just nonsense to say golf isnt worth watching just because he's out!

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

The Europeans played some pretty top-notch golf. Harrington was off his game, but so was Phil. The only difference this year was that the Americans came to play too - they haven't in previous years.

Did you not see where I wrote "Is that true? No." The Europeans played some great golf, McDowell and Poulter were fun to watch. The point of my post was using faulty logic. I guess that did not come across.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Tiger woods is out because of a supposed 'knee injury'.

But did you ever look at it from a different perspective?
They are bringing drug testing into golf next year, and maybe Tiger needs time to let the drugs wear off.

Now I'm not saying that this is the case but it is something to think about.

Any thoughts?

Uhh...no.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

• Administrator
Any thoughts?

Sure, but they're all about you, and they're not the type you tell people.

That's nonsense.

He was abducted by aliens after round 3 of the US Open. A double played the 4th round and the playoff for him. This "supposed" knee injury was dreamt up by his management with the support of Tim Finchem. That's a different perspective. Maybe someone else needs to let the drugs wear off.

Everybody miss Tiger, even the other players do, though they finally got a chance to win something.

I've watched a couple of tournaments without him, it's fun to watch as long as you've got some of the better pros there. Some tournaments are played without any of the best players, those aren't too fun to watch. If you got Mickelson, Singh, Garcia and those guys in a tourny it's still fun to watch, it's just that extra notch higher with Tiger on the field.

Golf is not a particulary exciting sport to watch, that's why you need the characters, crowd, amazing shots and fun happenings on the course. The crowd is very imporant, watching smaller tourneys from Europe is really dull, there is no enthusiasm amongst the crowd. Ryder Cup is a great tourney to watch, it's got many different types of play, all the best players, drama, great shots, excited crowds. It would be more fun with Tiger, but probably the most fun tourney to watch.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I didn't say i thought that this was the case, in fact, I'm pretty sure it isn't,
what i meant to say was that I heard it somewhere and if anyone else had their own opinions on the matter.

Sorry, I didn't really explain myself.

eistrar

I didn't say i thought that this was the case, in fact, I'm pretty sure it isn't,

I am closer to being "certain" than "pretty sure".

He has aready been tested, but more importantly, they have "out of competition" testing and Tiger's injury is EXACTLY the kind where some athletes use steroids to quicken the healing. He wouldn't be that stupid and you don't not get tested because you are injured.

Note: This thread is 5720 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!