IGNORED

I miss my Tiger !

Scott_Tee
Note: This thread is 5711 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I quit watching Golf on TV, didn't even realize the Ryder was on.. I miss my Tiger ! Golf is an * with Tiger missing.

Eventually, I'll get the hint and stop advertising, which is against the rules.

• Administrator
I quit watching Golf on TV, didn't even realize the Ryder was on..

OK, so you're not an actual golf fan. You've just outed yourself.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Cmon Scott. We've witnessed a double major winner in Paddy Harrington, a supremely talented player finally winning on Tour, Sergio Garcia. We've seen two, young future stars win on the PGA Tour in Anthony Kim and Camilo Villegas. An old dog has learned new tricks and played terrific golf all season long, Kenny Perry. A former no.1 went back in time and put together a great year, Vijay Singh.

And now, a Nike golfer of Asian descent with incredible ball striking skills is being counted on to carry a US Ryder Cup team and his name is not Tiger Woods. It's Anthony Kim. How could you possibly quit watching golf?

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

This Ryder Cup is exciting enough without Tiger, thank you. Sure, it would be nice if he were on the course right now, but this is great entertainment as it is.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

This is the only day (on a weekend) in the past year I am watching golf on TV instead of playing, and it was a close call, almost went out for the $15 after 3pm fees at a course only 12 minutes away. Got to watch my boyz bring it home for the USA!

Tiger is great and all, but a little too arrogant for me.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

It bothers me when people only watch golf because of Tiger. I'm the exact opposite.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

The American team is better without Tiger.

He should stay home in '10.

Brandon Sweet
Handicap: 11.6
I play on the Hop Brook Server

Inventory:Driver- Burner 9.5 degree3 Wood- BurnerHybrid 3 Iron- R7 Rescue DrawIrons (4-PW)- RAC MBWedges- Vokey Design 56 and 60 degreePutter- Teardrop Roll-Face

My reaction is entirely different, as far as the Ryder Cup is concerned. Every year, except 1999, the US LOST with Tiger on the team and he has a losing record. I love watching Justin Leonard, the HERO of the 1999 matches come through AGAIN. Also, Boo Weekley is FUN to watch and gives great interviews, comparing the American rookies to a pack of new hunting dogs. "You never know how they will hunt until you take them out."

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

• Administrator
The American team is better without Tiger.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. It's solely because he's not there that the U.S. team is making some putts, rookies are showing up and veterans are re-energized, and everyone's not gagging everything away and playing tight.

Or not. I think people forget Tiger was the leading point-earner on the U.S. team the last time out with three points in a very, very lopsided defeat. His Ryder Cup record isn't great, but he's also saddled with partners and a bunch of guys who lose every other year. No doubt in my mind that a healthy Tiger would have added to the U.S. lead at this point.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I agree with Iacas for the most part.

However, if the US pulls this off I think that it could have something to do with the atmosphere that Azinger created within the team.

Those guys went down to the Ryder Cup pep rally at 9 PM on Thursday to pump up the crowd, toss out some shirts, and just have fun. It was a spontaneous occurrence spurred on by Anthony Kim. The guys looked like they were having a blast on stage. For some reason, I just don't think you would have seen something like that with Tiger on the team.

In my bag:

Driver: Cleveland Hibore XL 9.5*
Hybrids: Cleveland HiBore 19*
Nike Slingshot 23*Irons: Titleist 775 CBWedges: Titleist Vokey 54.10 Callaway X-Tour 58.12

• Administrator
Those guys went down to the Ryder Cup pep rally at 9 PM on Thursday to pump up the crowd, toss out some shirts, and just have fun. It was a spontaneous occurrence spurred on by Anthony Kim. The guys looked like they were having a blast on stage. For some reason, I just don't think you would have seen something like that with Tiger on the team.

To be a bit more accurate, the pep rally was organized by Paul Azinger, and he told the team he was going by himself. After he changed, he saw everyone else changed (at AK's prompting) and they all said they were going.

I don't think that would have played out any differently if Tiger had been there. Maybe, but I don't think so.

When Tiger is playing, all the media attention is on him regardless of how well he is playing or how key his match is. That's - in my opinion - a bit demotivating to the other players (though they may not say so). I liked the Ryder Cup this year where everyone had a chance to shine AND to be recognized. I like Tiger, I just think that golf without Tiger is different and also very enjoyable.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

The Ryder Cup would be better off without Tiger playing. He's obviously not a team player as evidenced by the fact they won for the first in 9 years and guess who WASN'T on the team. Golffinger

The Ryder Cup would be better off without Tiger playing. He's obviously not a team player as evidenced by the fact they won for the first in 9 years and guess who WASN'T on the team.

I don't see how anyone can draw such a conclusion that Tiger not playing and the US winning are mutullly exclusive.

Where I play: Mission Viejo CC and
long Beach Skylinks

In My Red Cleveland Club Count Bag Today;
Hibore XLS 11.5* w/ Diamana Redboard Flowerband 63 S 2009 Launcher 3WD HT 17* w/ Graffalloy Epic 87g S Hibore XLS Hybrid 22* w/ Graffalloy Epic S and 25* w/ Project X 6.0 CG2 4-PW w/ Project X 6.0 HL...

• Administrator
The Ryder Cup would be better off without Tiger playing. He's obviously not a team player as evidenced by the fact they won for the first in 9 years and guess who WASN'T on the team.

That's as logical as "the U.S. team won because you had two bowel movements on February 2."

The U.S. didn't win because Tiger was missing.

Note: This thread is 5711 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!