Sign in to follow this  
iacas

Lexi Thompson Steps Away from the Game to Recharge

123 posts / 11615 viewsLast Reply

7 minutes ago, iacas said:

It's apparently not for too long, though, as she plans to defend her title in a month.

So… ???

Something going on there. A month? Maybe her guilty conscience is getting to her? This is interesting.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Very odd. Wasn’t a family member of hers really ill? I wonder what prompted this. The American ladies need to start competing. They are getting smoked in each tourny. 

Asking out of genuine ignorance here:  is this comparable to Dustin Johnson's vacation a few years ago where it will be rumored to not be entirely voluntary?  

37 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Asking out of genuine ignorance here:  is this comparable to Dustin Johnson's vacation a few years ago where it will be rumored to not be entirely voluntary?  

Either that or some serious family matter.  IMHO  

It is really odd that it’s for only a month. Something’s rotten in Denmark.   

Maybe she's just burnt out and needs a break. Lets be honest, this game takes its toll mentally and physically on us mere mortals so just think what it does to the pro's playing week in week out for a living.

2 hours ago, RussUK said:

Maybe she's just burnt out and needs a break. Lets be honest, this game takes its toll mentally and physically on us mere mortals so just think what it does to the pro's playing week in week out for a living.

If it was that why say she needs to work on herself?

46 minutes ago, iacas said:

If it was that why say she needs to work on herself?

Could be just her turn of phrase. Unless she's emotionally done in. I could see someone "having to work on themselves" to get out of a bad place. End of the day we can only speculate for the time being. 

It certainly seems like something that ‘suddenly came up’ (Brady Bunch, yes). Taking a break, resting, etc..can be scheduled but odd to skip a major for that. 

14 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

It certainly seems like something that ‘suddenly came up’ (Brady Bunch, yes). Taking a break, resting, etc..can be scheduled but odd to skip a major for that. 

To play devil's advocate, when you're tired, and mentally drained, you are. A long flight overseas, jet lag, playing a tournament that may not suit her game all that well… might be a good time to take a break. Do nothing for a week or two. Get back a week or two before defending the tournament.

12 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

A sign of major mental depression, perhaps? She's 23, her mother has cancer, plus the "ruling thing". Plus she has had to play adult on the tour and in the public eye for a long time (since age 13 I recall?). I'm for cutting her some slack. Best ,-Marv

33 minutes ago, MarvChamp said:

A sign of major mental depression, perhaps? She's 23, her mother has cancer, plus the "ruling thing". Plus she has had to play adult on the tour and in the public eye for a long time (since age 13 I recall?). I'm for cutting her some slack. Best ,-Marv

Yeah slack is fine. I’m just saying with a problem like that one would usually do as DJ did and just take a leave. But her enthusiastic ‘I’ll be back to defend’ in just a month just seems like it’s more about getting something done. 

4 hours ago, 3jacker said:

Heroin habit, bros.  Guaranteed.

Amazing that somebody would think about, then decide to go ahead and post this. Such class.... 

Edited by GrandStranded

25 minutes ago, GrandStranded said:

Amazing that somebody would think about, then decide to go ahead and post this. Such class.... 

If he was even remotely serious… you may have a point.

28 minutes ago, GrandStranded said:

Totally........ everybody knows it's opioids... 😂😁😀