IGNORED

Sunday Pairings at the Ryder Cup

Chilli Dipper
Note: This thread is 5711 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

my predictions,....

Anthony Kim (USA) vs. Sergio Garcia (Europe)
Serg 2 & 1
Hunter Mahan (USA) vs. Paul Casey (Europe)
Casey 1 up
Justin Leonard (USA) vs. Robert Karlsson (Europe)
Leonard 3 &2
Phil Mickelson (USA) vs. Justin Rose (Europe)
tie
Kenny Perry (USA) vs. Henrik Stenson (Europe)
Perry 1 up
Boo Weekley (USA) vs. Oliver Wilson (Europe)
Boo by 2 (and 1)
J.B. Holmes (USA) vs. Soren Hansen (Europe)
Hansen 4 & 3
Jim Furyk (USA) vs. Miguel Angel Jimenez (Europe)
push
Stewart Cink (USA) vs. Graeme McDowell (Europe)
Cink 2 & 1
Steve Stricker (USA) vs. Ian Poulter (Europe)
Poulter 1 up
Ben Curtis (USA) vs. Lee Westwood (Europe)
westwood 2&1
Chad Campbell (USA) vs. Padraig Harrington (Europe)
push

I didn't add these up till I amde my picks,...
looks like I have the usa getting 5 1/2 europe 6 1/2

that's a winner,... USA

Hope I'm write,...

I like how it's going so far...just not sure why Chad Campbell is up against Padraig...especially in the last match...

But, hey, maybe he'll prove me wrong!

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Still a long way to go. But the course is loud, which is a good thing for the US team. Kim just played inspired golf and did everything Azinger could've asked for. Garcia was wild, and a little under the weather. So things are going solidly so far.

Kim def. Garcia, 5&4
Mahan vs. Casey, halved
Karlsson def. Leonard, 5&3
Rose def. Mickelson, 3&2
Perry def. Stenson, 3&2
Weekley def. Wilson, 4&2
Holmes def. Hansen, 2&1
Furyk def. Jimenez, 2&1

USA: 14½
Europe: 9½
4 matches to go

The United States wins the 2008 Ryder Cup!

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

For the Europeans, this Ryder Cup was a match of complete surprises, The 'big guns' were expected to perform while the likes of Wilson, Poulter and their ilk were predicted to fail..... when in fact it was the complete opposites, imo Faldo's choices throughout the Cup should have been vindicated while the performances of big name players has been shameful.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

You are right, and I believe the Weekley vs. Wilson match will be very important for both Captains and both teams. If Boo wins, the crowd will get all fired up. He has shown good composure under pressure before in winning back to back at the Harbour Town Golf Links, but the Ryder Cup is a true test of performance in the pressure cooker. It will be interesting to see how that match goes.

Boy, did I call that right, or what? After Phil and Justin Leonard lost their matches, it was important for Boo to win,and did he EVER-----30 on the front nine, and got the crowd fired up!! Congratulations to him on a great rookie showing in the Ryder Cup!!

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

• Administrator
Boy, did I call that right, or what?

You and a ton of other people. Gee, way to pay yourself on the back.

30 on the front nine

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5711 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!