IGNORED

Another rules question

N.V.M.
Note: This thread is 5687 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So if we get a liberal president you will play by the rules?

nope, still going to follow my own laws,... if i ain't hurting anyone, there shouldn't be a law against it

there is only one law and its "love"

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

as i do not look to the gwbush to protect my inalienable rights guaranteed in the constitution, i do not look to the usga to preserve the sanctity of the game of golf, i do it myself

i agree with everything you have said in this post. i cant believe how many ppl have come down on you for your statement. being that golf is one of the few sports that is based soley on an individual's efforts, as opposed to team play (obviously there are exceptions...) do all of yall think that everybody's handicap index is 100% accurate? whether he posts that he is a 10 handicap of a 30 is irrelevent. i think EVERYONE should live by their own set of moral guidelines as long as you are not infringing on anyone elses' "inalienable rights." was this situation during tourney play? no, so why not lighten up on the responses. also the founders of this great nation were pot smokers. hemp was a precious commodity back in the day.

i am a staunch conservatve who also enjoys partaking in recreational marijuana use. i think everyone needs to fire up a bowl, sit back, and listen to some bob marley. i will garuntee that it will help you relax. live free or die... forgot to add: ANYONE WHO IS NOT A BABY BOOMER: if you want to see any of your hard earned social security money that we pay each week, then vote mccain/palin '08
Driver through pw & putter

SW & LW

my big point is i play with golfers both in leagues and pick-up games with folks who don't know the rules. folks who have been busting their butt all week at work and for me to step in and call penalties here and there would make the whole pleasurable experience of golfing a bummer. sorry but if the ball hits my visor and to call a penalty is dumb. i'm ok with counting the number of swings to hit the ball is the score on the hole and not with a lawyer's knowledge of rules.

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

i agree with everything you have said in this post. i cant believe how many ppl have come down on you for your statement. being that golf is one of the few sports that is based soley on an individual's efforts, as opposed to team play (obviously there are exceptions...) do all of yall think that everybody's handicap index is 100% accurate? whether he posts that he is a 10 handicap of a 30 is irrelevent. i think EVERYONE should live by their own set of moral guidelines as long as you are not infringing on anyone elses' "inalienable rights." was this situation during tourney play? no, so why not lighten up on the responses. also the founders of this great nation were pot smokers. hemp was a precious commodity back in the day.

There are a lot of kids on this board. Maybe you should not speak to positively about drug use. Just my two cents.

my big point is i play with golfers both in leagues and pick-up games with folks who don't know the rules. folks who have been busting their butt all week at work and for me to step in and call penalties here and there would make the whole pleasurable experience of golfing a bummer. sorry but if the ball hits my visor and to call a penalty is dumb. i'm ok with counting the number of swings to hit the ball is the score on the hole and not with a lawyer's knowledge of rules.

So penalty strokes dont apply to you if its only number of swings to hit the ball?

wow... you guys are pretty harsh. I play by the rules, but to each their own, so long as they are having fun. My wife doesn't follow all the rules, and she likely doesn't know all of them. She does however have better etiquette than most people and is fun to play with.

You don't see anything odd in what you just wrote here?

How does playing the game properly make golf a bummer?

Just stay at home, write the number "72" on a piece of paper and enjoy yourself, then. And playing properly hardly constitutes a "lawyer's knowledge" of the rules. These people you play with should know the basics as well. Noone is talking about newcomers to the game playing socially. If you'd worked in a psychiatric ward you may also have a more enhanced knowledge of the dangers of marijuana. But hey - who am I to infringe upon your perception of "freedom"? Freedom to cheat at golf or freedom to damage your own brain. Just hope you don't drive to the golf course after you've been exercising these worthy and inalienable rights.

There are a lot of kids on this board. Maybe you should not speak to positively about drug use. Just my two cents.

only talk positively about drugs pushed by government sanctioned drug pushers, aka doctors?

only talk positively about drugs pushed by government sanctioned drug pushers, aka doctors?

What are you talking about? THis is a golf message board with lots of kids here. And yet you seem to always want to talk about how bad the govt wants to dictate whether or not we can use drugs. If that is your choice, that is your choice. But take it somewhere where kids are not around.

This has officially turned into the bleeding heart liberal hacker thread, I should rename it. Its way off topic and has run its course.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5687 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!