IGNORED

Hello from Augusta

Todd
Note: This thread is 5697 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. My name is Todd and I am stationed at Fort Gordon in Augusta, GA with my wife and two children. I am currently on a 15 month deployment to Iraq, set to return home for good in approximately 2 weeks. I am 31 years old and picked up this great game in 2006, after being captivated by the 2006 Masters. I actually lived right behind the course until we bought out new house last summer. I had to take a couple weeks off my game due to having ankle surgery in January 2007, but the day after my cast came off, I was back on the course. My surgeon was amazed to say the least, but very happy that I could get around that good. I deployed in July 2007, but was able to be lucky enough to come across donated clubs and a net here on our FOB. I also managed to squeeze in a few rounds during R&R; leave this past June. I find online forums to be extremely helpful and a good way to connect with people you would normally not meet under normal circumstances. Anyway, if anyone is ever in Augusta, shoot me an email and we can get together for a round or two.

Todd

My bag:

Bag: TaylorMade

Driver: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S)

3W: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S),

Hy: 3 (18*) Rescue, Irons: 4-9, PW, AW TM Burner 2.0, Wedges: Rumar 56 and 60 degree, Putter: TM Ghost Blade

Ball: TM RBZ

Shoes: FootJoy DryJoys

hey todd. im also located in augusta, until February at least, i'm going to school up there at MCG. maybe we can hit the links one day. i here the course at fort gordon is pretty nice.

in my cart bag

Hi-Bore XL 9.5* stiff flex
Sport Series 19* 5 wood
Sport Series 15* 3 wood HBT Irons PW-3H Reg. 588 64*

Howdy Todd!!!

First and foremost.....thank you for your service. Get home to your wife and kids safely and swiftly!!!!!!

I played at The Fort last Friday and again on Wednesday. Somewhere in between those rounds they sprayed the greens....they are truly green right now...looks like some serious fertilizer. They were rolling true and very fast. The rest of the course is in super condition. It is truly an outstanding course. I simply can't rave enough about the greens. I'm glad you will have this gem to return home to. I don't know how much longer before the rough and fairways grow dormant as it's actually cooling off a good bit here.

I would be honored to play a round with you when the schedules work out right. I started back playing again in May and a much better golfing buddy has been helping some....he plays The Fort quite a bit. Maybe we could all hook up and play there.

Take care and stay safe.....relish your homecoming with your family.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Hi Todd.

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

Thanks for all the welcomes.

Dub, I'll be in touch real soon because once we are home sometime between the 3-6, we have about a week's worth of reintergration training, then block leave for 30 days. My wife teaches pre-k on post, my daughter is in 1st grade, and my son is at on base daycare. I'll pretty much have all the weekdays to myself, other than doing my home projects that I didn't get done before I deployed. I'll be happy to have someone to share a round with.

Same goes for you Brandon!

My bag:

Bag: TaylorMade

Driver: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S)

3W: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S),

Hy: 3 (18*) Rescue, Irons: 4-9, PW, AW TM Burner 2.0, Wedges: Rumar 56 and 60 degree, Putter: TM Ghost Blade

Ball: TM RBZ

Shoes: FootJoy DryJoys

Note: This thread is 5697 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!