IGNORED

How much beer do you drink while playing???

Dub
Note: This thread is 5568 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How much beer do you drink when playing????

• Never drink on the course.
    • Not when playing practice rounds.
    • many

The best is the International golf tournament we have here every year. 4 courses (2 9s, 2 18s), 3 days, close to 600 golfers, and more drinks than I can count lol. It's basically go to course, have a drink, start golfing, drink throughout the round, finish round, drink some more, eat, drink, and then do it all over again the next two days. Golf is difficult...getting to the course on Sunday of the International, that's the real test

THAT, RIGHT THERE, sounds like a hell of a time ... where do I sign up?

I don't drink on the course ... afterwards it's a different story ...
In my Bag:

Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff shaft
3 WoodBurner 15* stiff shaft
5 WoodBurner 18* stiff ShaftHybrid3DX (18.5*)Irons: (4-LW):Putter: Rossa Indy SportBalls: Reds

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't usually drink on the course. I carry my bag so the extra weight wouldn't be worth it. I'll have a jug after my round when I play with my mates on Saturday though. Played 9 holes on Friday at the end of a road trip that involved drinking all day, took some more beers out on the course. Was not pretty.

We don't have any beer carts around here . . . or gorgeous beer girls. Lucky bastards.

Depends on who I play with . . . some guys I golf with have 2-4 beers, on a hot day, over 18 holes. Now that the weather is cooling off, the idea of a couple of beers doesn't appeal to me.

Now, a thermos of Irish Coffee . . . with Bushmills, a splash of Bailey's, cream and sugar, does sound right.

In my Cart Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw 9*
3W: Ovation 15*
Hybrid Halo 19* 2H, Halo 22* 3H
Irons: i/3 O-Size 4-PWSW: Vokey SM 56*Putter: Anser

i think golfers who drink lots of beer while playing have a big advantage cuz if you see two balls, you are bound to hit one

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

I don't drink while golfing... I wouldn't drink while playing other sports, so I don't quite see the difference. Don't have any problem with others doing it as long as they can maintain reasonable etiquette.

Saw something that amused me a few weeks ago. I frequently hit the driving range and practice areas for a couple hours starting right when the sun comes up. I was finishing up at around 8:30 am one day and spotted a group who I guess had just finished a round (it's a 9-hole course, so if they started by 6:30ish, that'd be likely). They were sitting outside at the grill enjoying a round of large mugs of beer. Now, while I don't drink *while* golfing, I certainly can be talked into one after... but not before 9am! That's hardcore.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

gotta love the beer cart girls....

Amen to that. The courses around here have some really hot beer cart girls would are definetly skilled at flirting.

Thats their job though and if men are dumb enough to fall for their charms and buy beer so that they will talk to them, more power to 'em. Women have been using their charms to get what they want for tens of thousands of years and we men still havent wised up to that fact. Here in Wisconsin, quite a lot of people drink on the course, but I think thats just the culture of Wisconsin. Drinking is part of life around here (we have one of the highest drunk driving conviction rates in the country). Like I said, I personally dont drink on the course but Im not going to look down on anyone who does. Today when I played my round I kinda of laughed to myself about how on almost every teebox the trash cans were almost overflowing with empty beer bottles.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

i think golfers who drink lots of beer while playing have a big advantage cuz if you see two balls, you are bound to hit one

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are!

I probably should have taken this advice on my round on Saturday! Maybe I would have hit them both and one of them would have been in bounds or not in the water!
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

Golf is a gentleman's sport, that's what I've always been told. For me, it does not sound like a gentleman if you run around playing golf with 3-5 beers in the bag. The weight must also be annoying, for those without a cart or car. It has probably something to do with golf becoming more casual, people just playing for the heck of it. I'm not used to that in Europe, but apparently is much more common in USA. I've played with people taking a sip of Jäegermeister on the course, that doesn't bother me as much, but there is no doubt they played worse on the following holes.

Also, beer dry you up. I don't know the english word for it, but when you drink beer, it kind of drains your body of water. Doesn't sound like a good idea to me on a warm, sunny day.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Never on the course, only take a Locozade Sport or something.

Usually a couple of pints after the game tho, to celebrate or commiserate :-/

In my Bag:
909D2 10.5deg DFX Stiff
WarBird 5 Wood - steel shaft.
Titleist AP2 3-PW
Vokey Spin Milled 54 & 60deg 2 Ball Ball : ProV's.

I couldn't really fit an answer into the poll choices. ('Once in awhile' would be the option I chose)

Typically, I stay away from beer on the course because I'm usually playing a money game or a tourney. If things are going really bad, I may have a beer or two hoping to relax me.

If I'm playing with my brother in laws or friends from work, I won't hesitate to have a few beers with them. I'm out there having fun.

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

Well, I'm in the minority on this one.... but to answer the question, absolutely I drink on the course when golfing! If I'm playing 18, I'll put down a 12 pack.... does it make me sound bad? absolutely, but it is what it is.... and this is when I'm golfing w/ a couple buddies, obviously.... come tourny time or for money? The consumption gets cut in half, more for mental reasons than anything though...

do I play worse as I drink more? ya know, honestly, since I'm a pretty big beer drinker and my tolerance is pretty high, I don't really notice my ability go down....

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

None while I'm playing but after the round I sometimes have a beer and a snack with my playing partners. We sit around and talk about what would have should have or could have been.

In my BagBoy Griplok bag
Driver: Diablo 9 degree stiff graphite
3 Wood: Diablo 15 degree stiff graphite
Hybrid: Hb5 3 stiff graphite
Irons: FG Tour V2 stiff steel  S W: Harmonized 55 degree

Putter: Odyssey Teron

Ball: E6

GPS: UPro

Also, beer dry you up. I don't know the english word for it, but when you drink beer, it kind of drains your body of water. Doesn't sound like a good idea to me on a warm, sunny day.

I think the word you are looking for is, "dehydrate".

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

• 3 months later...
Only during charity scrambles.
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

Note: This thread is 5568 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!