IGNORED

Is everyone who is eligible to vote, registered to vote?

Smallville
Note: This thread is 5673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Oh, and the easiest place to register might just be rockthevote.com , so I recommend people go there, even if you're not a member of the MTV crowd.

Wow. That's pretty cool. I didn't know you could actually register online.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

• Administrator
Wow. That's pretty cool. I didn't know you could actually register online.

You can't (so far as I know). rockthevote.com emails you a PDF attachment that you mail or take to your voter registration building (or wherever).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Even if you think you are registered, you might want to check and make sure:

I didn't look because I voted in the primary. But good idea. It seems like you remain on the list as long as you voted in the previous Presidential election. It's what I heard anyway, for what that's worth! I've voted every time since 1980 and have never been turned away so I figure I'm good on this one.

My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

• Administrator
No I can't "guarantee" it! But how would you feel if something VERY important to you was voted down by one vote, and you didn't vote?

Red herring? Straw man? I don't know, but let's try to avoid making stuff up, please, or putting words in my mouth. You know what I'm talking about

: a situation in which the vote is far from close. Like... California. Or certain elections in Erie. And we're the city that gave the world Tom Ridge, to boot!
There are always "upsets" that might not have happened because it was such a foregone conclusion that such and such was going to happen that people in favor didn't bother to vote and whatever it ws ended up getting the short end of the vote.

They're rare, and they rarely happen on a national level, if ever nationally. In any election with any larger number of people, there's no possible way to upset anyone. Not with the polling and whatnot we have these days.

I don't want to belabor this discussion because I still think everyone SHOULD vote. I also happen to think the "if you don't vote your opinion is worthless" is an awfully close-minded approach.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
I didn't look because I voted in the primary.

I looked. I must have registered when I got my driver's license and forgot about it, because it showed me as registered, active, and a member of the Libertarian party.

So I guess the voter registration form I turned in at the courthouse today will actually change my party affiliation to Republican. Hmmm.

Like... California.

On as grand a scale as that, I really have no argument for that. Unfortunately. Because if it all works out . . . .I am (gasp) going to be moving there. (But, I'll still vote!) Maybe I can keep my residence in Kansas and make Kansas my primary residence! Unfortunately, that's a pipe dream, I have to sell here to be able to buy out there. Grrr.

Didn't mean to put words in your mouth, I was just making an example . . . sorry. And yeah I went ahead and looked as well. I am good BUT for some reason it showed me as "unaffiliated," even though I voted in the primary. Voted for Romney, even got an "I voted" sticker! Gonna have to check that out.
My Equipment:

I'm registered. I know my polling place. I'm registered with my family address and not my campus address, but since the two are only 30 miles apart and I have reliable transportation, that's no factor whatsoever.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Here in Oregon we do vote by mail. It seems to be working well; it's convenient, easy, and seems to be reliable. But I miss the ritual of going to the precinct polling place. It felt like something important and socially unifying, regardless of party affiliation.

What's in my bag:

...I have never been a big fan of the electoral college where if you win the state, you generally win all the electoral votes (I don't thinks it's required that they vote according to the popular vote). But would be more in favor of the electoral votes being decided by the population areas (i.e., metropolitan areas would get more electoral votes than rural areas, but there are more rural areas . . . kind of split the electoral votes around the state according to the popular vote of the area). Good luck getting that passed through!

This is the United

States of America...not the United People of America or the United Counties of America. In any case, I pretty much side with you on the notion that we should all vote and let our voices be heard. I firmly believe (still) that this is fundamental to the structure of our society. Without that belief, America is doomed.

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

I think California Republicans get hosed by the Republican party. Since the 80s, 3 out of our 4 Governors have been Republican, so it is obvious that we will vote for a Republican(just barely), but California gets no support from the party.

Exodus bag
R7 Dual Driver, R7 3w
CGB Rescue 3
CGB max 4-PW
CG11 Black Pearl 52* Vokey Spin Milled 56/14 CG11 Black Pearl 60* Black Series 1

Anyone know how I figure out

Usually they can tell you at City Hall or the county court house.

What's in my bag:

Aw thanks, but I found it. Just moved here, I don't know where city hall is yet either...

That's interesting. I'm not sure if they can vote in Ohio or not. Looking at the voter registration you can't vote if you are incarcerated for a felony but it doesn't say anything about being out and being a felon.

I just talked with my county board of elections and found out that I'm not listed. I voted back in 2004 but have since moved out of the county. I don't remember being asked if I wanted to register to vote at the BMV. So I have to re-register. I sure hope they get things worked out this year. In 2004 I stood in line for 2 hours waiting to vote. That's a little crazy if you ask me. Something this easy should not take that long. Do you think I'd be kicked out of my family if I vote Republican since I'm related to a former Speaker of the House that was Democrat?

In my Pro-Walker stand bag:

Driver: Founders Club "The Judge" Graphite shaft (benched for bad play)
3-wood: 15* steel shaft
5 & 7-wood: Velocitized BBT Oversized Graphite Shaft Medium Flex 21* & 25*3-iron: Wilson Sam Snead Blue Ridge (benched for bad play)4-SW: Maker's Pride irons steel shaftsP...

For future reference for others that may be curious (or just need to know).

Nice. I didn't know it did that, since we Oregonians vote by mail.

I actually miss the public ritual of going to the local school gym and pulling a curtain in a voting booth

What's in my bag:

Do you think I'd be kicked out of my family if I vote Republican since I'm related to a former Speaker of the House that was Democrat?

Don't know your family. They may be very forgiving.

Given the Republican record of the past 12 years, I'd kick you out of mine for lack of common sense Which former speaker?

What's in my bag:

Past 12 years? Did Clinton switch sides before his second term?

My Equipment:

Note: This thread is 5673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!