IGNORED

Anyone Else buy a Scotty Cameron Ball Tool?

Note: This thread is 5358 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm not looking to make money off of what has already been created, I know that there is a patent on it already. I was just trying to show that with the right resourses and a little bit of time you can save yourself some money and that's what I was doing.

What's In My Golf Bag:

Nike Machspeed Black 10.5* callaway.gif Diablo Edge 5 Wood, callaway.gifDiablo Edge 4 Hybrid
callaway.gif 5- Pw Big Bertha Irons Graphite Shafts
vokey.gif52* 8* Bouncevokey.gif56* 8* Bouncevokey.gif60* 7* Bouncerife.gifHybrid Tour Mallet

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If $44 can save a stroke a round, that's better than the going rate for a lesson.

If it works for you great... no problem. I was just stating my opinion. Like I said, I don't even buy into the line on the ball theory, so such a tool would be useless to me even if it was given away free.

And though you say that you still set your line quickly, I'd bet that most who use such a thing would not be as efficient as you are. I play occasionally with one guy who only uses a line on the ball and I can't even stand to watch the laborious process he uses to line up his ball. However he IS the exception of those I know who use the process.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

Anyone got one of these?

I never seen one until I was on the Cameron website and I spotted it. I have problems with lining up putts-so it seems quite interesting to me.

I wont be buying one, since I have seen the price-£50 ish. For a little piece of metal!!! I dont care if it does save me a shot here or there-thats too expensive for what it is. But it must be easy to make something similar?

Thing is I dont really see the advantage. You still have to line up the marker, right? The only thing I see is that it allows you to move the ball with a reference mark while its marked. Is that correct or am I completely missing it.

Why is it any better than just putting a stripe on your ball and drawing a stripe on a plastic marker.

If anyone has one for £10 I might be interested!

You're right-didn't see that. Think I managed to agree with everything said in the 9 pages!!! Basically an over priced marketing gimmik. Possibly some limited help, but hugely over priced for what it is. Might try making something myself similar-god I need to get a life haha.

Oh, not £50-now £25 on ebay-bargain haha!

You're right-didn't see that. Think I managed to agree with everything said in the 9 pages!!! Basically an over priced marketing gimmik. Possibly some limited help, but hugely over priced for what it is. Might try making something myself similar-god I need to get a life haha.

Hmmm, if you agree with the general opinion of the thread then it's not a gimmick. It would seem to me that posters who actually have USED it think that it is of value if the golfer in question can start the ball on their intended line with consistency.

In case you can't tell I'm Pro Ball-Tool/A.I.M Line and think it's a great idea. I'll be ordering one soon and have been using the line on the ball for a few months now and it really helps confidence and focus on speed. Other reviews I've read online speak well of it and there is at least one PGA player who is said to have had one over-nighted to him when he lost his. That could speak more to the player's desire to maintain his putting routine than the usefulness of the tool but still it seems like a pretty good endorsement.
In the bag:
905R 9.5° - UST ProForce V2 65R
909F2 15.5° Titleist Diamana 75
909H 19° Titleist Diamana 80
Zing 2 3-PW Vokey SM48.08 @ 51° Vokey SM56.11 Unitized Leo

A.I.M is just "a line", and the ball tool is just a reference point-you still have to line that up. I don't see why just lining up the ball line originally isn't quicker/more accurate/easier. Only advantage I can see is that you can move the ball to an original reference while its marked-so not incurring penalty. AM I not getting it.

Ok-gimmick is a bit unfair, But £25-seems madness to me for what it is.

Do any of the tour pros use these things-Id never seen it until yesterday

• Administrator
A.I.M is just "a line", and the ball tool is just a reference point-you still have to line that up. I don't see why just lining up the ball line originally isn't quicker/more accurate/easier.

You seem to be really close to getting the point, but not quite there.

The point is that it's tough to orient a line that you see when looking down at the ball to a point 10+ feet away on the green somewhere. So this lets you look at the line from farther back, then align your ball to a reference point that's right there, right where your ball is, without having to look up, crane your neck, and try to imagine an invisible line connecting your ball's line with some spot 42 feet away (or whatever). You could almost accomplish all of this by repeatedly re-marking and re-aligning your ball after stepping back to look at it from behind, but even then you've lost your reference point while re-aligning the ball.
Ok-gimmick is a bit unfair, But £25-seems madness to me for what it is.

How much would you pay if I could guarantee I could take one or two strokes off each of your rounds?

In a world of $400 drivers and $50/hour swing lessons, almost none of which seem to have any long-term effect on people, I actually think of the Ball Tool as a pretty good bargain.
Do any of the tour pros use these things-Id never seen it until yesterday

Quite a few, actually.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

No, you're wrong, I have considered that point-thats what I meant by the reference point (I didn't explain too well!)-but you still have to make that initial judgement. I'm just not convinced it would stop me re checking anyway. But I read you have used it, so you are in a much better position to judge than me. And you are right in saying if it does save strokes, particularly a better player like yourself, it's worth it. I guess Im gonna have to try one and not knock it anymore. Im not anti Titlesit or anything, I think their stuff is all top notch, just a little over priced-maybe this is another example. I suppose everything is worth it if you are willing to pay for it.

• Administrator
No, you're wrong, I have considered that point-thats what I meant by the reference point (I didn't explain too well!)-but you still have to make that initial judgement.

The simple fact remains that the Ball Tool is quite likely to be a) faster, b) more accurate, and c) more comfortable than trying to align a line on the ball with some point 10+ feet ahead of you.

May be only two out of three for you, maybe not. I never re-aligned repeatedly without it - so A isn't a factor for me either. B and C are. For others, it might be all three, just A, A and C, and so on.
I think their stuff is all top notch, just a little over priced-maybe this is another example. I suppose everything is worth it if you are willing to pay for it.

From a pure "cost of materials and thought" the Ball Tool is probably overpriced for the vast majority. But as you said, it's worth what you pay for it, and the thing's been sold out every time it's offered, so enough people must feel it's worth it.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 3 months later...
Look at me, I purchased it twice! :) Mine was stolen along with with all my set and I would break out in cold sweats because I felt naked without it. Hahaha...

On a serious note, it's not for everyone, especially at the price it's being sold but it helped me and it may be a gimmick to others but for me, I feel confident with one and it's been what I call my lucky horseshoe, four leaf clover, rabbit's foot....even if I don't use it.

In my Edge and Atlas bag:
driver: FT-iQ 9R and Taylormade R9 460 10.5 R
wood: 5 Wood FT-iQ Neutral
hybrid(s): 3 Burner
irons: x22 3-PWwedges: Black Nickel Vokey 52/8, 56/11 & Oil Can 60/7 and Callaway x-Forge 56putter: Studio Style Newport 2 33" and Sabretooth 33"GPS RangeFinder: uPRORangeFinder....

Here's one that sells for $9.99: Putting Tool

The guy claims he invented it in 2006 but is "just now getting it to market".

In my Acuity bag:

Driver: HiBore XL
Woods: Acuity 3 Wood and 3I-hybrid
Irons: Acuity oversized cavity backs 4 - PWWedges: Tourney Silver Scot 192Putter: Acuity half-malletBall: XL 5000 Super Straight

Looks useless to me, but if it helps you with your game then go for it!

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

I used one of these for a few months. I thought it was neat at first, but overtime i decided it wasnt helping me to do things i wasnt already doing. The thing was just a huge distraction, and i really feel foolish now that i spent 30 or 40 bucks for a peice of metal with some lines on it. Golfers have been doing fine with a regular old coin for decades, so im sure ill do just fine with that.

Scotty cameron pwns us again!
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I still really dig mine - for me personally it seems to help a lot. Once again - I find it's much easier to set the ball up on the exact line I have in my head when I'm lining it up with an object directly in line with the ball line as opposed to guessing at an imaginary line I picked and then moved forward to and lowered my head/crouched to put the ball on...
In the bag:
905R 9.5° - UST ProForce V2 65R
909F2 15.5° Titleist Diamana 75
909H 19° Titleist Diamana 80
Zing 2 3-PW Vokey SM48.08 @ 51° Vokey SM56.11 Unitized Leo

Huh? Everyone has "some" skill at reading greens.

You have got on me in the past because of this to aid in speed of play. And you do the same thing? I promise I am quick and accurate and don't take a minute per putt.

Brian

I don't think we should overthink this little item. For me, my eyes sometimes deceive me and when lining up my shot, whether using the ball's marker line or using any of these tool mentioned above, it gives you confidence that that is the right line to aim for....after reading the green. I know that I sometimes second guess myself when I line myself up using any of the mentioned tool above and then when I position myself above the ball, I'm like, that doesn't look right! All and behold, I would then miss 1 or 2 ball left/right because I change it last minute.

The bottom line is, if you have the money and want to support Scotty Cameron, then you have the money. I know that I spent "foolishly" on an item where I could have spent $10 dollars for it but I like Scotty Cameron and the $44 bucks or so won't break the bank for me.

In my Edge and Atlas bag:
driver: FT-iQ 9R and Taylormade R9 460 10.5 R
wood: 5 Wood FT-iQ Neutral
hybrid(s): 3 Burner
irons: x22 3-PWwedges: Black Nickel Vokey 52/8, 56/11 & Oil Can 60/7 and Callaway x-Forge 56putter: Studio Style Newport 2 33" and Sabretooth 33"GPS RangeFinder: uPRORangeFinder....

• Administrator
You have got on me in the past because of this to aid in speed of play. And you do the same thing? I promise I am quick and accurate and don't take a minute per putt.

You said it took you a minute to putt from when it was your turn. It takes me two or three seconds to properly line my ball up with the ball tool. I've read my line and done everything else when everyone else is chipping or putting or putting clubs away or whatever. Sometimes, if my ball's out of the way, I've already put it on the green and lined it up before it's my turn to putt. From the time it's my turn to putt, the ball's in motion in 15-20 seconds.

"Taking great care to line up my ball" doesn't mean it takes me even 10 seconds to do that. And the process is actually faster with the ball tool. Kinda feel like you're trying to pick a fight here. You said it took you a minute, then later revised that to say much less, which I didn't have a problem with. At a minute, I would.

Note: This thread is 5358 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!