IGNORED

Who do you think will win the Super Bowl?

golfLovergirl
Note: This thread is 5561 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Giants may well go on and win again but I have a little feeling the Steelers may go on and win the Superbowl this year!!

In my bag:

R7 Quad Driver
3 wood
RAC MB Irons 3 - PW Vokey 52 and 6056 Wedge Fatshaft PutterGolf Bag Pro V1 Ball

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pats all the way

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

You make some good points about the offensive personnel (thanks for setting me straight

Haha... go steelers indeed!

I've noticed that too. They seem to be playing different football offensively. I like the old, and I like the new.... but honestly, I think there's a mix between the two, that if they can find it, they'll be a real force on offense as well. While some may be worried about the offense, I'm not. In my opinion, as long as the offensive line can protect ben and help with the run they'll have another ring. It was painful watch ben get beat up by the giants that one game. Also agree about the redzone touchdowns though. When killing the pats they shoulda had a few extra touchdowns instead of kicks... I'm sure J. Reed isn't complaining... he was in the top few players for points scored last weekend with 15 points!!!

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

For three quarters plus the early fourth goal-line debacle I was banging my head against the wall with the Steeler offense. If they had an offensive line and any consistency at all they could be one of the greatest teams of all time with that defense....

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

For three quarters plus the early fourth goal-line debacle I was banging my head against the wall with the Steeler offense. If they had an offensive line and any consistency at all they could be one of the greatest teams of all time with that defense....

They're starting to remind me of the early to mid 90's Steelers where you had to depend on Rod Woodson coming up with a pick-6 or Carnell Lake returning a fumble for a touchdown.

And I still don't like the play calling.

• Administrator

I think they'd be 5x better if they simply dumped Bruce Arians. Immediately.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Haha... i thought it was an awesome game. I went so far as to call it the most entertaining nfl game i've seen in a a couple seasons.

I don't understand the running back situaiton. I think they're better off keeping moore as the main guy (receiving really sets him apart) and using parker as a change of pace..... not just willy nilly switching in one another.

And the offensive line.... if they don't shape up, it's gonna be really problematic.... it's really my only genuine steelers worry.

Steelers should just always go no huddle after a string of unsuccesul drives to try and force some momentum.... no need to wait until the end game.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

• 2 weeks later...
I think the G-men have a good chance of taking back-to-back superbowls. Or I also think the Steelers will.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

My call: Giants vs. Colts

Still seeing this being the case. The Colts are pretty strong right now.

I think they'd be 5x better if they simply dumped Bruce Arians. Immediately.

This still needs to happen....

Matt Cassel

If they don't lose to the Bills first... Here's what I think... I think the Giants will win the Super Bowl... after their gritty overtime win over Carolina to clinch the No. 1 seed in NFC... No one in the NFC can really compete with the Giants except maybe Carolina... The Giants will play Pittsburgh with the Giants winning...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

• Administrator
No one in the NFC can really compete with the Giants except maybe Carolina... The Giants will play Pittsburgh with the Giants winning...

Pittsburgh's been playing like crap all year and are finally being exposed. They'll need luck to get to the Super Bowl, or a full-on realization of some massive errors in their thinking and approach to playing football for the past two years. Luck is the more likely candidate by a large margin.

I'm a Steelers fan - always have been and always will be - but certain things need to change QUICK on that team. It'll start this off-season, hopefully, with the firing of Bruce Arians. Friggin' dolt.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

If, and it's a huge if, the Steelers get to the SB let alone win it they will have done so with quite possible the worst offensive line to win it since the merger. Ben got turnover happy against the Titans, so I will have a wait and see approach to the playoffs. Right now there is little chance they beat Indy or Tennessee, towel stomp or not.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I know this pick is easier to make now than it was in September but I'm calling for a Manning bowl - with Eli making sure the few doubters that are left realize who the better QB is.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

• Administrator
If, and it's a huge if, the Steelers get to the SB let alone win it they will have done so with quite possible the

See, that's the thing: I think the offensive line is simply being exposed by the playcalling. Ben plays well in the no-huddle, as does the OL. Mewelde Moore has run well this year (Parker needs to stop juking in the backfield and the hole - hit them running and save the juking for the second level) when he's been called to do it.

No OL is going to play well when the defense can guess "run-run-pass" on 1st through 3rd down and be right 98.3% of the time. The Steelers don't even throw a play-action pass in more than once a game! Heck, even one seems to be an achievement of late. Bruce Arians sucks. I realize how vast the gap between the talent available at the NFL level is (by comparison of how big the gap is between the average golfer and the PGA Tour pro) and I honestly feel that there are probably 1000+ football fans who could noticeably improve the Steelers offense if they could trace places with Bruce Arians. Specifically to your comment: the Steelers both played Indy and the Titans tough. They could have been up 14-0 or 10-0 on the Titans and even while failing to convert THOSE chances were still up 14-10 at one point. Indy was a close game too. If they can play those teams close with as horrible an offensive plan as they had in those games, if they somehow withdraw their head from their rears (read: Arian's head from whomever's rear he's got it in) they could be a force in the playoffs.

See, that's the thing: I think the offensive line is simply being exposed by the playcalling. Ben plays well in the no-huddle, as does the OL. Mewelde Moore has run well this year (Parker needs to stop juking in the backfield and the hole - hit them running and save the juking for the second level) when he's been called to do it.

Agree to a point, but don't overlook the absolutely atrocious run blocking they have gotten against Dallas and Tennessee inside the five. 1st and goal against Tennessee last weekend and Parker goes two rushes for -4 yards. And I read that Ben has been sacked 120+ times (or so) in the last three years? There has to be some sense of accountability on that line. I predicted (not here) before the season started that the line would come up and bite them in the arse before it was all said and done, but I certainly hope I'm wrong.

No OL is going to play well when the defense can guess "run-run-pass" on 1st through 3rd down and be right 98.3% of the time. The Steelers don't even throw a play-action pass in more than once a game! Heck, even one seems to be an achievement of late.

No disagreement there.

Specifically to your comment: the Steelers both played Indy and the Titans tough. They could have been up 14-0 or 10-0 on the Titans and even while failing to convert THOSE chances were still up 14-10 at one point. Indy was a close game too.

I'm hesitant to be too optimistic if only because it's week 17 and there is zero offensive identity at all. None. If it hasn't been fixed by now I don't think it will be in the next three weeks. Even if they score 35 against Cleveland my feelings probably won't change. I guess I look at it a different way in that the game plans may seem to suck, but I have a feeling that the coaches have no faith in the line personnel. Don't get me wrong, I'm not an Arians apologist, but IMO this line is just not very good, and it's at the root of their problems.

• Administrator
Agree to a point, but don't overlook the absolutely atrocious run blocking they have gotten against Dallas and Tennessee inside the five.

I don't see that as a result of run-blocking. It's tough to run-block when everyone in the stadium knows not only that you're going to run, but WHERE you're going to run.

And I read that Ben has been sacked 120+ times (or so) in the last three years?

To be fair, two things cause that. One is the horrendous offensive line. I'm not saying they're good or even competent - but I can't blame them SOLELY for the loss, and if I could fix one or the other, I'd fix the playcalling before I'd fix the OL. I think that even a great OL would be hampered by the playcalling.

The second thing that causes Ben's sacks is that he holds onto the ball a looooong time. That's often a good trait - when he makes a play after avoiding the rush - but lately the ratio between risk (sack) and reward (a play downfield) hasn't been great.
There has to be some sense of accountability on that line. I predicted (not here) before the season started that the line would come up and bite them in the arse before it was all said and done, but I certainly hope I'm wrong.

Again, and to be clear, the line sucks - we agree there. I still think they can win the SB with that line IFF the playcalling improves dramatically.

I'm hesitant to be too optimistic if only because it's week 17 and there is zero offensive identity at all. None.

Oh, I'm not optimistic at all. Heck, at this point I'm way more optimistic about the Pens and they've seemingly lost 17 of their last 12 games.

If it hasn't been fixed by now I don't think it will be in the next three weeks.

The fact that it wasn't fixed after last year is scaring me about Mike Tomlin. A coach is, to some extent, only as good as his assistant coaches, and Bruce Arians is dog poo.

Even if they score 35 against Cleveland my feelings probably won't change.

Ditto. Cleveland's a worthless game and unless Tomlin wants to "try" a few things offensively, I'm puzzled as to why the starters seem to be playing - even if it's only the first half.

I guess I look at it a different way in that the game plans may seem to suck, but I have a feeling that the coaches have no faith in the line personnel.

That's the thing: play-action passes and things help to cover up the inadequacy of a line. Sure you've got to establish a running game before the PAP works very well, but the Steelers can do that. Why is Willie Parker being run up the gut every play, just off-tackle? He's fast - why isn't he running pitches in space wide? Mewelde Moore can run inside.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not an Arians apologist, but IMO this line is just not very good, and it's at the root of their problems.

And I look at it this way: given the line Arians has, he's calling some awfully terrible games.

Run, run, pass is as predictable as... something that's almost always predictable. Blerg.

Its usually the hot team that wins during the playoffs and right now they are New England, Indy, and Atlanta. Hoping my Giants can repeat, they are the proof that the hot team wins in their run at the end of the regular season into the postseason last year.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

Note: This thread is 5561 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!