IGNORED

JT Shriner.....Open

kekoa
Note: This thread is 5690 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Was this event a joke or was this a chance for a bunch of second tier players to try and make some money? I think the winner shot like -24. I assume the course was set up super easy. I just didn't see any big name players there.

Was this event a joke or was this a chance for a bunch of second tier players to try and make some money? I think the winner shot like -24. I assume the course was set up super easy. I just didn't see any big name players there.

What about Zach Johnson who fired a 62 the first day? Or Charles Howell III who finished at -19? Or Chad Campbell who shot -22 (65-67-67-67)? Davis Love III finished T6 -21, along with Tim Herron. Kevin Na and Ryuji Imada finished T15 -18. I would call those guys second tier players. But making money to get in the top 125 is what the Fall Series is all about, the guys who struggled during the year have a chance when most of the big guys aren't in the field, to win and place high to retain their tour cards.

And I don't think the course was set up easy, the first 3 days were sunny, no clouds in the sky, and no wind what so ever. In these conditions tour players can go low, as you can see. Then the fourth day, it was sunny, with a few clouds, and just slightly windy, which is why not as many scores were low 60s, but still under par. But that's just my $.02 about it, so take it FWIW.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

We also didnt see you there :P

but really now.. there were some pretty big names there, no tiger, phil etc, but as 907 stated, zach, campbell, freddy, etc etc wasnt this entire event set up as a charity anyway?

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

• Administrator

It's the Fall Series or Fall Finish or whatever. It started last year after the Tour Championship. Something tells me you weren't paying much attention to the Tour lately?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What about Zach Johnson who fired a 62 the first day? Or Charles Howell III who finished at -19? Or Chad Campbell who shot -22 (65-67-67-67)? Davis Love III finished T6 -21, along with Tim Herron. Kevin Na and Ryuji Imada finished T15 -18. I would call those guys second tier players. But making money to get in the top 125 is what the Fall Series is all about, the guys who struggled during the year have a chance when most of the big guys aren't in the field, to win and place high to retain their tour cards.

It's something I've wondered about since I saw the field list for this event. Why is Imada playing in the fall finish? He's not going to fall out of the top 30 and he already has his Masters Invite and his Tour card for two years. What motivation for playing in the Fall Finish is left?

Not that I'm complaining. He's one of my favorite players and I'm happy to see him in the field - and very happy he passed $3M this year.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

It's something I've wondered about since I saw the field list for this event. Why is Imada playing in the fall finish? He's not going to fall out of the top 30 and he already has his Masters Invite and his Tour card for two years. What motivation for playing in the Fall Finish is left?

Couple of things come to mind. Maybe he just wants to work on his game. Maybe he likes competing but not practicing. Maybe he wants more money. Maybe it is for his WOG ranking. Maybe he is bored, has no family, and wants something to do. He probably just wants to try and get another win. The big thing to me is that 5-10 years from now we might look at his stats and it will say he won 8 times on tour. Nobody will care what events he won other than majors. I am surprised more guys who haven't won anything don't play these events, even if they have good status and don't need to. I would rather win the Justin Hope Buick Charity Celebrity Pro-Am Invitational presented by Merril Lynch, than be one of those guys who is considered the best player without a win.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

I definitely would not call it a joke, that's for sure.

IDK, my bff Jill?

In the cart bag:
Driver: Big Bertha 460 10*
Woods: Tour RxIrons: 4DWedges: 4DPutter: Divine Line BladeBall: ONEFollow me on Twitter."DESTINY, sometimes it means you're just going to fall short."

Couple of things come to mind. Maybe he just wants to work on his game. Maybe he likes competing but not practicing. Maybe he wants more money. Maybe it is for his WOG ranking. Maybe he is bored, has no family, and wants something to do.

I completely forgot about OWGR - yeah, he's on the top-64 bubble, something I'm sure he wants to be in come February. I suspect he'll excel at Match Play (see also: 1997 APL). He has a wife, but she was present at the AT&T; when he won, so maybe she travels with him. Or maybe just because that was close to his home? In any case, thank you. Those are very good reasons for someone with a good season to play in the Fall Finish.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Hey guys, sorry about my 'joke' comment. Didn't intend to piss anyone off. It was very cool to watch. Oh and you can't beat the cause. I think I'm just jealous of JT!!!

This event reminds me of one of the older threads that discussed what a pro would shoot at a course deemed not that difficult. I think we found out our answer. Guys shooting 61 and 62 and making it look really easy.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I would like to think 1) It is for a great cause. 2) It is a new event, people are drawn to new things. 3.) This is their job to play. 4.) Times are tough for everyone, the Ferrari needs gas, need 100g's for kids tuition, charter pilots kids need shoes..etc.

What's in my bag?
Driver Rapture 9.0* Oban Devotion 75G.
5 wood 904F
Hybrid Rapture 21*
Irons MP-60'SWedges Vokey SM 58 oil can. 54* TOUR-W, Solus 51*Putter Squareback You have to go out, but you don't have to come back.

I would like to think 1) It is for a great cause. 2)

The tournament has actually been running since 1983, it has just been under a bunch of different names.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Note: This thread is 5690 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!