IGNORED

Most Skilled Sport...

DDBowdoin
Note: This thread is 5508 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Which professional sport requires the most skill to play? I am having an arguement with my stupid *** roommate about which sport requires the most skill to play. Please list in your opinion the order from most skilled to least skilled out of the major sports (football, basketball, soccer, baseball, hockey, golf)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would classify sports into different categories, obviously most sports require some of each of these three attributes but in order to classify difficulty I think you should look at whichever sport requires all three evenly (and in all positions) to perform at a world class level.
endurance: cycling, swimming, running etc

physical: football, wrestling, sumo, hockey

skill/reaction timing: nascar, ping pong, autocross

So what sport do you think requires the most of each of these three qualities?

Tour Burner 10.5 R
mp 57's
Vokey Spin Milled 56.10
Pal 4
Pro-V1X

playing both ice hockey and golf. I'd say they challenge different aspects of the body but I think ice hockey does win in the end.

In my Staff bag:
Bazooka HP-5 Driver 460cc
Bazooka OS HP-5 3/5 Woods
Jmax QL Irons 5-PW (Graphite Stiff Shafts)
X-tour Gap Wedge 52* X-tour Sand Wedge 56* Lob Wedge 60* Rossa Daytona 1 Putter

My opinion is that besides golf, hockey is definitely the second most skilled sport. On the other hand all of the sports in the world take different kinds of abilities. So what is it that makes a sport the most skilled? When I say that golf is the most demanding sport it’s because in golf you need a lot of different skills to achieve success. The physical part is something you need in all sports but in golf you need such a precision or otherwise it can end in disaster. Is there any other sport where the precision is more important than it is in golf, I don’t think so but maybe you have another opinion?

Note: This thread is 5508 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!