IGNORED

Your Most Frustrating Round of The Year

poppy
Note: This thread is 5657 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For me it was in our clubs Captains prize.I went out in 33 gross to a par of 36 and came back in 45.And I only hit 2 bad shots on the back nine which resulted in 2 triple bogeys 7.God it would have been nice to win it.I have about three disasters like that a year.Anyone else?

I actually quit playing a round this year on the 14th tee and just walked the rest of the round with my buddies.

Whats in the bag?
Driver = Wishon Golf 949mc 9.75*/.5* Closed Face Angle
Fairway Wood = Wishon Golf 915 F/H 16* Square Face Angle
Wood Shafts = Wishon Golf Pro Flight EXP 85g Stiff Flex
Hybrids = Wishon Golf 331H 21* & 24*Hybrid Shafts = Wishon Golf GI335 Tour Weight 92g Stiff FlexIrons = Wishon...

Mine would have to be some rounds where the kid I played with on the team (senior) would make me do everything for him include carry his bag, but he'd talk crap about me to the coach if I didn't do what he wanted me to do. I was pretty mad. For the rest of the round of the round I didn't take any practice swings, I just got up and hit (that includes on the green).

Mine would have to be some rounds where the kid I played with on the team (senior) would make me do everything for him include carry his bag, but he'd talk crap about me to the coach if I didn't do what he wanted me to do. I was pretty mad. For the rest of the round of the round I didn't take any practice swings, I just got up and hit (that includes on the green).

Why would you even do that? If the talks crap to the coach, tell the coach its BS. If he somehow punishes you for the brat talking crap about you, then switch programs is what I'd do, as that can't be a good golf environment. I've been taking so much crap from coaches, I don't even want to hear other people taking it.

6 over going into the 18th hole par 72 double the last hole. still havent broken 80

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

Mine was just yesterday. Played in a qualifying event to try and get myself into the California State Open. Played at East Lake in Beaumont (which hosted Stage 1 of Q School just last week). In anycase, the greens really got to me. I was more frustrated on them than I think I've ever been on a golf course. I've never played a PGA Tour event, but I'd have to think, these greens were very similar. Lightning fast bent grass, undulating and firm. On top of all that, it was windy all day with a constant 1 club wind. I managed to play quite well from the tee and somewhat alright to the green, but sheesh, those things. WOW. I was at my boiling point until I finally made a 4 footer for birdie on 8. Then proceeded to miss birdies, rather easy looks at that, on both 9 and then 10. uuuuuuuhhhh! But, I managed to really figure things out... on 16. Too little, too late.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I'm not going to say what I shot, but I had a round a couple weeks back on a country club that was apparently preparing for some kind of tournament. The greens were cut to a height and firmness somewhere between "glass sheet" and "polar ice cap."

I took 45 putts on the day, I'll just say that much. Included in that were a pair of four-putts including one on a GIR on a par-4 hole that gave me a double. In case you're wondering, I typically average 32-34 putts per round.

Jess

Basically, just about every nine hole round I play anymore. Today I had a birdie, 4 pars, a bogey and three doubles. Three yanks OB cost me six strokes. And it's like this everytime I go out to walk nine. Frustrating

well it was just 9 holes, was in the evening.

I was striking the ball real well, and was sitting at a 27 coming onto the 9th hole (long par 5, water on both sides)

Put my drive into the water, drop, put that into the water, drop, Duff about 50 yards, finally put it on the green, and end up 3 putting. end up taking a NINE!!!!! was the most painful nine Ive pared ever.

My Sticks:

909DCOMP 9.5° Titleist Matrix Ozik XCON-6
Fairway Burner 15.5° RE*AX TP 75g
Rescue TP 19° ZB Forged w/ Project X 6.0Scratch 52° TNC Grind Wedge, Polished Chrome FinishScratch 58° TNC Grind Wedge, Polished Chrome Finish Catalina Classic Limited Edition HX Tour ix

well it was just 9 holes, was in the evening.

That can't be that bad as a 6 handicap besides the last hole, as 36 at my course is par. What's the par there? If it's like 36 and you were 4 under, nice job on that part!

yup 36

course rating 70.4/123

My Sticks:

909DCOMP 9.5° Titleist Matrix Ozik XCON-6
Fairway Burner 15.5° RE*AX TP 75g
Rescue TP 19° ZB Forged w/ Project X 6.0Scratch 52° TNC Grind Wedge, Polished Chrome FinishScratch 58° TNC Grind Wedge, Polished Chrome Finish Catalina Classic Limited Edition HX Tour ix

Happened back in July.....I had just started playing again in May after a long layoff.

I made the mistake of telling a buddy that I was "back in it hard" and he invited me and another bud to play at a local course (Bartram Trail).

I had been warned (by someone else) that he and his partner had recently been taking some serious coinage from a number of pairings...all good golfers.

They asked me and my buddy if we wanted any game on the first tee.....we both declined. This proved to be the best move I made all day.

The first hole is a fairly easy par 4 with water and waste down the left and in front of the green. I hit a smooth 3 iron that put me in great shape with an 8 iron shot. Hit the green and 2 putted for an opening par.

Everything began unraveling on number 2...I tried to muscle my driver (TM w/ tour stiff shaft....lower loft) and some nasty things unfolded.

My frustration continued and became out of check and I proceeded to overgrip, sway, reverse pivot, dip and in general just suck my way around the course. My reaction to a bad shot was....dang it.....just hit the next one harder. Nothing good every comes out of a shot that I try to muscle...nothing.

I putted better than anyone in the foursome that day but that simply made me madder. I introduced Bud Light into the mix at the turn and on every hole afterward. Bud Light didn't help my game, but basically just made it comical for me. I was finally able to laugh it off and forget about my errors.

I stayed off the golf courses for a few weeks and spent some quality time on the range.....steadying my stance and getting into better positions throughout the swing. I sought the advice of a good golfer that I work with. He met me on a course one day...hadn't played in months himself and he offered some great advice during the round.

Things turned around a good deal...in virtually every area except driving. That wasn't "fixed" until I got a better fitting stick.

Bad golf sure makes you appreciate good golf!!!!!
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

2nd time out this year using the hand me down set of clubs my wifes dad gave me before I just got the ones in the sig. 7 iron is probably the best club in the bunch and the only one at that time I can reliably hit.

Tee up on a par 3 hole 10 or so. Swing the 7, feels like a great clean shot.

Until I notice how light the club is and see the head of it spinning off down a hill into some deep brush :)

Finishing the round out without a 6, 7, or 8 was painful

In my bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS (9.5*, stiff, gold shaft)
Irons: FP II 4-GW
Wedges: mp R series 56/13 588DSG 60*
Putter: Unitized TiempoBag: ADIDAS Velocity

Note: This thread is 5657 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!