IGNORED

How did you start???

Indian Sensation
Note: This thread is 5738 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

14ish.
So 3 years ago.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

I started playing when I was 19, played for a couple years and didnt really have the time to devote to being good at this sport, so I gave it up.
I just recently started playing again.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I started playing when I was about 15 (when I got a job). Once I began university I started playing 1-2 rounds per week - club memberships last 3 years (I'm 22 currently).

Best decision I have ever made playing this game.
Currently Playing:
Driver: Redline RPM 460CC 10*
Irons: American Standard Custom 3-SW
Putter: White Hot XG #1
Golf Ball: Big BerthaGolf Bag: FT Performance Stand BagWhere I Golf:Sussex Golf and Curling Club - Sussex, New Brunswick, Canada

well i piddled around a couple times with my uncle in North Carolina but we have a team at school and i mentioned i was interested to a friend and they made fun of me saying that i could never be serious enough. So I joined the team to prove to myself that i can succeed in anything that i put my heart into. so ive been playing for 5 months about...... and now its my life basically

i started when i was 10. i wanted to play every sport there was when i was younger. I played all the way up to my junior year of high school and would have kept playing consistently if i hadn't of heard of this drug called marijuana. haha. i regret every year i didn't play golf. i just started playing again consistently 2 years ago. I'm 28 now so you can see the long layoff I had. It was almost like riding a bike though. I still have a few swing kinks to work out, but I've just started the "stack and tilt" last week and can see that things are starting to look up. Much more crisp contact, but that's another thread.

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

When I was about 9 I was at my friends house and his dad offered to take us to the driving range. I took out his 7i and just hacked away. Even though 99% of my shots never left the ground, I loved the feeling when I struck the ball perfectly. I went to the driving range about once every month after that for about a year. Never got any better and pretty much forgot about the game until Jan. of this year. I started going to the range once a week, and got my starter set in May. I then slowly upgraded by bag and now have a bunch of clubs that I'm comfortable with (for the most part). I played my first round this April on Spring Break and shot 112 with 5 clubs (adult RAM driver, Nike Eagle Silver 3W, "Mid-Iron", PW, and Putter). I now go to the range/practice green about 5 times/week and play 18 once a week. I've improved greatly since I started, mostly due to being good at baseball, so I have a natural swing.

Wow, that's a big wall of text.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

My Father was an excellent golfer and took me out a few times, but never had the patience to teach me the game. I did not play again until I was in the Air Force and then only a couple of times, but the few brilliant stokes I stumbled into remained in my memory. Money kept me from the game, but when I move to Wichita I took up the game as the green fees were only $16 per round (now $20). I love this game, to quote Patton (again) "God help me, I do love it so."..... jmoc

"Courage is fear holding on one minute longer." Gen. Geo. S. Patton, 5 June 1944

Grom Desert Camo
Dymo HL Driver and 5 Wood
GC Hybrids 3-5 i15 irons 6-pw Tour-W 50*, 54* and 58* wedges White Hot XG Hawk Freak Neo GPS

Evreything started when my dad bought a complete set from a friend of him so he can star playing. One day he take me to the range, In those days I was playing football in high school I was 19 years old, so he told me to try to hit some balls. I said to him that I will swing that hard that maybe I will break the ball or the club LOL, so he told me, ok try.

He show me how to hold the club the basics of a swing and here I go. I took my stance, check my grip and then I swing.... I didn't hit the ball LOL. So I tried and tried and in one of those attempts I hit one perfect, straight, perfect trajectory and that shot create the addict to golf that these days I am.

Regards!

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

From the time I could walk through my sophomore year of College I was a baseball player but chronic hamstring pulls and strains made me turn my focus towards school. When I went home this summer break my dad let me pick a full set of clubs out from his "collection". So I've been playing since the beginning of May. I think he knew I would get addicted and would rather have me wasting my time playing golf instead of doing more destructive things since I've never really had free time before.

Well I started playing some golf back when I was ten, and took a few lessons at a local course. I mainly started because my dad was big into golf. But after that summer I didn't really play much golf. It was about 2 summers ago when my cousins in louisiana got big into golf and so did I when I would visit them. Playing almost everyday or at the range. $15 green fee at Barksdale Airforce base by Shreveport (not a bad course either). Finally I am able to go out on my own time
and consistently shoot in the 80s.

Sumo 2 5000 Aldila Proto By-You 65-s
Tour Burner 2 hybrid
CCi 4-A
SV Tour 60*
Unitized Tiempo 35in NXT Tour & NXT Extreme Synchro Cart Bag

I saw a golf tournament on TV years ago and I was really impressed that these guys could be so accurate from so far away. I mean, these guys were hitting balls inside of 10 feet from over 100 yards away. That made me want to give the game to try. I lived in Florida at the time near a bunch of courses, but my parents said that we couldn't afford it. I never actually got to try the game till I turned 15 and lived in Tennessee. I finally convinced my mom to let me rent some clubs and give the game a try. Well, I guess the rest is history. I still love this game despite having shot a 175 in that first round.

Driver: MP-600 9.5 w/ Fujikura E360 Stiff Shaft
4 Wood: F-60 16.5 w/ Exsar FS3 Stiff Shaft
Irons:MP-57 3-PW w/ Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
Wedges: MP-R Black-Ni 52, 56, & 60
Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: ProV1/ProV1xGrips: Winn Xi7

It was around 1996/1997 and my mother was invited to play in some corporate event locally, after a couple of decades of no playing, and so went to the driving range. My brother and I tagged along and hit a few balls, thought it was a good hobby to get into during the summer and gradually took it up from there.

Had a few lessons but generally find that just getting out on the course is good practice for me....might explain my lacklustre handicap though!

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

my uncle got me my first set when i was about 8. the first time i ever swang the clubs was on the course. i would be suprised if i broke 150. i then started to go to the range a couple times a month. it was not untill last year i stared to get serious about it. so i have been playing for about 8 years.

In my bag:
r7 Driver 9.5*
3 and 7 wood
3dx Hybrid 17*
3-PW DCI 990 irons 56* Hooter SW CG10 60* Wedge White Hot XG 2 Ball Putter Pro V-1

Started at 8, my dad got me into it, then quit around 9. then got back into it before i turned 11, because i missed spending all that time with my dad, and he really loved to play (and still does), and when i wasn't playing he couldn't play as much. Now been playing for around 3 years, and i dont think i am ever going to quit.
In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

my best friend was on the high school golf team and took me out to the driving range, later I went to the range on my own, bent his 5 iron, borrowed my brother-in-laws wilson blades and the rest is history, 24 years later, I still learning the game and loving it.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

my father was a golf coach and my mother played golf for many years. So for me was natural.

driver: FT-i
woods: x-woods 5
hybrid: 585H 24°
irons: AP2 4-PW
wedges: X- tour 52° 56° 60°putter: kastern B60balls: tours ix or pro v1x

I got my start at a young age, 8 years old. My father and grandfather were both interested in the game and it quickly became a good way to spend time with both. Golf was love at first hit for me and became a fixture of my youth that has continued into adulthood.

Good thread.

Note: This thread is 5738 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!