IGNORED

Build an In-home Golf Simulator

Jon K
Note: This thread is 5275 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys ... i'm wondering if anyone knows what kind of technology/hardware is needed to build one of those fancy in-home golf simulators like you see at golf galaxy.

I'm a computer tech. by day ... so i'm assuming i could put together the computer and hardware fairly easy..i'd like to have something like this for the winter.

Does anyone know any places online where they would sell the sensors, packages, etc.?

Thanks,

2010 Staff Bag
2010 S2 Driver - Stiff - (-.5")
2010 S2 3 Wood - Stiff
2010 Baffler TWS Hybrids 3 & 4
2010 MP-58 5-PW Irons - (+.5") 2010 MP-T10 Black Satin 52° - 56° - 60° - (+.5") 2009 Black Carbon 2 Putter Winn Grip e6Photos of my bag Golf Galaxy Wisconsin Amateur Tour PlayerGolf...

I guy I golf with has something called a 'P3 Golf Simulator'; here is the link

http://www.p3proswing.com/?gclid=CO3...FRxNagodHR10Yg

He doesn't have a screen in the background; hits into a net, and then the info goes onto a laptop he has set up. It is all in his garage. He seems to like it, but I haven't tried it yet.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

these are what i'm leaning towards ... seem to be the middle of the road type solution.

anyone else have experience with these?

2010 Staff Bag
2010 S2 Driver - Stiff - (-.5")
2010 S2 3 Wood - Stiff
2010 Baffler TWS Hybrids 3 & 4
2010 MP-58 5-PW Irons - (+.5") 2010 MP-T10 Black Satin 52° - 56° - 60° - (+.5") 2009 Black Carbon 2 Putter Winn Grip e6Photos of my bag Golf Galaxy Wisconsin Amateur Tour PlayerGolf...

So does a mat go on top of that sensor or what? That looks like a great idea! Seems pretty cost efficient, as long as it works well.
Now I just need to make my dining room taller! Ahh I wish there was a way!

My feeling is that if they cannot accurately determine spin you could be reinforcing bad swing habits without knowing it.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

• 1 month later...
I built one in my garage for under $1500. I already had a laptop. I purchased a P3ProSwing used from E-bay for around $800 with course, entertainment pack and matt. I then bought a projector and screen material from ebay. I found a place online that sold very affordable nets and I was off and running. It has been awesome so far, very accurate! Let me know if you have any questions.

actually I got one from a store in aucklan dnew zealand. they have a virtual golf driving range in the CBD so i sometimes go there at lunch

in my strike carry bag I have
10.5* regular W-506 driver (going to upgrade)
16* stiff Big Bertha 4+ wood
22* stiff XLS Hibore hybrid
4 to PW TA6 irons with stiff steel shafts 50*, 54* and 60* wedges, all different models Sophiha blade putter Z-URS golf ball'Do you know what you are? A victim of...

• 7 months later...
How much is a trackman cost?

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

my brother built one in his rec room... its pretty money...
giant canvas screen... netting on the sides and top... projector above and behind... hitting mat... laptop setup on a barstool... gets alot of use during the winter... not so much right now tho
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Where did your brother purchase the equipment?

im not sure... i know he didnt get it all in one place... he got deals on all of the stuff tho... and eventually it was cheaper piece by piece...

ill have to ask him the next time i see him... but basically you can get the stuff anywhere... i think the netting was the hardest to find
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

• 2 months later...
I have been messing around with P3Proswing and Optishot(Dancin Dogg) for a while now. Started with the P3Proswing about 5 years ago and Optishot before it was Optishot.

They are similar, P3Proswing tries to to calculate impact where Optishot does nothing with a bladed shot. I know I am good at hitting thin. P3Proswing requires tape on the bottoms of the club, very annoying while Optishot works with the clubs out of the bag, so I use it more often.

I picked up a cage net that fits in my garage. I ordered a net with double backing about 5 years ago and it is still great. only one wear hold. I had to pick up the pipes and joints to build the cage.

I am in the process of switching to a project and screen. Any insight into projectors and screens?

Michael

I got an Electric Spin Launchpad about a year ago. Mine is the older one, the newer one looks more advanced. They are probably the cheapest simulators. It is fun to play with in my garage, but I did make the big mistake of playing it a lot, and I did start changing my swing to something that played better on the Launchpad but wasn't so good on the course. So now I limit how much I use it.

The putting on the Launchpad with TW06 is just painful, if I could skip that I would probably want to play it more.

"You can foment revolution or you can cure your slice - life is too short for both" David Owen

WITB*: 2010 winter edition

Driver: AyrtimeFW/hybrid: Distance Master Pro Steel 5w, 7w, 27* hybridIrons: Powerplay 5000 hybrids (6i-SW)Wedge: SMT Durometer 55 degPutter: Z/I Omega mallet*as soon...

Note: This thread is 5275 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!