IGNORED

Las Vegas Golf for cheap!

Note: This thread is 1194 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys,

I'm planning a trip to Las Vegas for some golf the weekend of dec 12th.

I'm looking to play on a public course, something nice but not super expensive. Thus far, the cheapest I've found was $159. I was hoping for a price closer to the $100 mark.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good golf experience near Vegas at a reasonable price?

G10 9* Stiff Shaft Driver
R7 Draw 3 Wood
Burner 3 hybrid
26* Baffler Hybrid 5H Stiff Shaft.
Rapture 6-SW (3-5 are retired in favor of hybrids) Vokey Spin Milled 60* Wedge Newport 2 Pinseeker 1600 + ViewTI GPS software for iPhone

With the crash of the Vegas economy there HAS to be a lot of bargains out there for good golf. If you can find a good price Reflection Bay is awesome.

Taylormade Tour Burner, 2008 9.5, Fujikura Reax 60 stiff shaft, 2 degrees open
Callawy Heavenwood, 14 degree Hybrid, stock shaft
Titleist 585H, 17 and 21 degree Hybrids, Aldila Stiff 85 shafts
Titleist Tour 4-PW, Dynamic Gold s300
Titeist Vokey Spin Milled 56 and 60 degreeMaxfli Crossbax 5.0Top...

check out golf now below

http://www.golfnow.com/lasvegas/tee-...s-vegas/search

remember the temperatures of different parts of the day so you can plan accordingly and bring plenty of water.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I was just there and if you are interested in playing some great courses in the afternoon..you can get some good twilight rates.

I played the Badlands Golf Course http://www.badlandsgc.com/index.html (Owned by Troon Golf) out west by the TPC.
After 1pm it is only $70. Great course and you have a mix of 27 holes.
Je joue au golf, et j'aime ca.
-------------------------------------
Nike SasQuatch Sumo2
HaLo 2i & 3i
3100 I/H 5-GW588 Gunmetal 53/56/60White Hot XG #2Vector BagProV1x

well, mesquite is about 40 miles away from vegas, and there you have Wolf Creek, which is a helluva course. We play that a couple times each time we visit my grandparents, which live 5 minutes away.

In my vaporlite carry bag
DRIVER ft-5. 9* Mitsubishi Diamana BlueBoard 73 X-stiff
FWY WOOD: 980F 15 EI-70 X Stiff
Hybrid: Burner tour launch 4 hybrid
IRONS mp-57 4-pw with project x 6.5 shaftsPUTTER: Rossa Classic AGSI+ Monte Carlo WEDGES vokey spin milled oil can 52.08, 58.12Niblick 42*

Hey guys,

Try Bear's Best; it is a terrific course. Don't know the "non-resident" rate, but I pay about 60.00 on Sundays. Beyond that, you can try The Legacy or Angel Park.

I was just there and if you are interested in playing some great courses in the afternoon..you can get some good twilight rates.

Badlands is a very frustrating "target" course. Take alot of ball if you plan to play there.

Las Vegas does have a few munis.

Silverstone is around $100---not as good as some others, but above average
http://www.silverstonegolfclub.com/i...2&openitem;=472

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

check out waltersgolf.com discount web site
http://www.waltersgolf.com/processTe...FQa6sgodVXIDiw

and golfnow.com as mentioned in previous post
http://www.golfnow.com/lasvegas

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I live here, and your gonna overpay regaurdless. But I think TPC las vegas has some sort of deal right now to get on for 150 or something, bears best you could probably get similar. Both spectacular courses.

Theres lots or Rhodes Ranch, Sienna, Red Rock Arroyo, The Revere type courses that you can probaly get on for between $75 and $125 but honestly wont be any nicer than the courses you guys play at home. And pace of play in Vegas is the worse in the world when its busy, which is most of the time.

If Im going to solidly recomend something it would be Paiute. Its a little further north maybe 30 minutes from the strip. There have 3 courses, Sun, Snow, and The Wolf. All are beautiful Pete Dye courses, Sun and Snow are very similar 18 on Snow comes into the club house around water. probbaly the prettiest hole in Vegas. I got my first birdie there, and while you eat you can bet if people are going to 3 putt on that 18th green lol. The Wolf is one of the hardest courses in the US, its on golf digests list as well as just all around best too I believe. Its about 7800 yards from the tips.

What seperates them from the rest of Las Vegas, is that fact that its on an indian reservation so they dont have to adhere to the water restrictions everyone else does. So the courses are in better shape and the water in the lakes is actually blue. Water on holes in vegas tends to be ugly and sometimes plain smells bad.

Clubs I havent thrown in a lake yet

Driver: R7 CGB max 9.5*
Woods: R5 3, and 5 woods
Hybrids: Rescue Burner 22*, 25*Irons: CG Red 6 - PWWedges: CG12 52*, 56*, 60*Putter: 1 of 100 handmade pebble beach http://scottycameronblog.com/2007/09...pebble-beach/#Vegas golf sucks!!

• 2 months later...
If you're Military (even Ex) or a Federal employee (or married to one, or with one), you can play at Nellis Air Force Base. They have 36 finely manicured holes, and the price is right (less than $50). You must make tee times at least a week in advance, and get to the course well before your tee time to get through security (my how times have changed). I think it's worth the effort though. The pace is fast because there's not usually anyone else playing, especially week days.

Other "cheap" Vegas golf would be Las Prados, or Craigs Ranch. Or take a ride up to the dam area and play Boulder Municipal,

I think the best value golf would be the Legacy golf club, it's about 20 minutes out of town. It hosts a US Open qualifier and is usually in terrific shape.

• 11 years later...

My home course is the Sienna Golf Club. Would be nice to meet folks from this forum if you play there, too.

Nave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1194 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!