IGNORED

NEW Callaway X-22 TOUR IRONS

EBA
Note: This thread is 5467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I hit them at a Golf Galaxy in the simulator. For comparison, I also hit an identical X-20 Tour and couldn't tell a difference between them, although, in all fairness, I only hit the 6 iron in each with about 10-15 shots each.
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

I tried them at Golfsmith and they felt great. I compared them to Ping I10 and the sole is about the same width. (The G10 is much wider.) Felt very solid and the offset wasn't too much for my eye. In my limited time hitting about 10 shots each, they were very close to the I10's that I have my eye on.
Je joue au golf, et j'aime ca.
-------------------------------------
Nike SasQuatch Sumo2
HaLo 2i & 3i
3100 I/H 5-GW588 Gunmetal 53/56/60White Hot XG #2Vector BagProV1x

• 3 weeks later...
Got mine... after a little hiccup from Callaway team (they sent me the wrong set) Callaway rep walked into the shop 5 mins later said leave it with him, 3 days later had the right set in my hands.

Configured with PX6.0, 3 up and +1 inch.

Never played Callaway before but after all the hype around the x-22 decided time for a change.
Setup for me is a look purer than previous models. Like the thin topline and sit very nicely behind the ball.
Very pure off the face though I find them that they have a bit of a dull sound rather than a 'click' off the face - maybe a Callaway 'feature'?

The main reason I wanted a change was I was looking for more mid range accuracy... and the x-22 do not disappoint in this category! 6 - PW are deadly accurate! Really like the combination of the PX with the x-22 and found the longer irons easy to hit. Feedback on mis-hits is good you'll know where you have missed it on the club face but tend not to get too harshly punished.

I found them easier to draw... harder to fade - but could just be me. Tried a few low punches, draws/hooks around trees, fades, high/low shots with the set and all responded as expected... (did my 'testing' walking around my club with 4 balls in pocket hitting various shots from different angles/lies etc)

Distance - about the same as my old TM's in the longer irons but found the 8-PW about 5 yards longer and the trajectory a lot flatter (PX's!) Plenty of zip from the 8-PW coming into the pins.

The biggest 'win' for me in the x-22's is the accuracy... felt very confident at the end of the day that if I wanted to I could attack (or play safe) with utmost confidence!

...on the tee in 5hrs 34mins 15secs and counting - can't wait!!!

I hit them in the simulator and they were great not a sgi but not a blade it is a very nice players iron 9 handicap and under they had good forgivness and workability they are a good blend of both.

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

• 4 months later...
I finally received mine; project x 5.0, standard, 1' flat. I'm 60 y/o. 6 handicap. They're amazingly accurate and easy to hit, very smooth, very solid. Ball flight is high, they go right where you're looking. MOI is very obvious in performance, technology is amazing for a near blade head. Distance is better than I expected. My miss toward the toe, but they're very foregiving, no noticable loss of distance. I was most impressed by the 3 and 4 irons.... long irons I can hit!!

if they are better than the X-22's I have then I can't even imagine!

What's In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11s 9* w/ Fujikura Motore F1
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11s w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki 
Irons: Taylormade R11
Wedges: Titleist SM4 Vokey 52.08, 56.11, 60.04 
Putter: Odyssey Metal-X #9
Ball: Taylormade Penta TP5

if they are better than the X-22's I have then I can't even imagine!

The main differences between the "regular" and tour versions are:

Tour models have less offset. Tour models have a wider variety of shaft options. Tour models have a much thinner topline. Tour models do not have the bore thru shaft to club connection, so, the heel is more upright. Personally, I can "work" the tour version much better than the non tour. I played Callaway X12's for years, great clubs, the only "issue" was that all they wanted to do was go straight. (at the time, that was a really good thing) Not necessarily "better", just different. The whole X-22 line is/are great sticks.

Playing the X 22's for me has been like night and day from my old clubs. Not many of my friends are lefty's so I have not been able to try a wide variety of clubs, but my 22's are by far the best I have played.
Driver: R9 460
3 Wood: Big Bertha Diablo 3D
Hybrid: Rapture 24
Irons: X-22's 4-AW
Wedges: X Forged 58/10Putter: Black Series Tour Design #2 (Righty)Balls: Pro V1x Penta TP

Yeah, I couldn't believe the difference the clubs could make until I got my X-22's. I hit every shot straight and perfect ...makes me look like a good golfer for once haha

What's In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11s 9* w/ Fujikura Motore F1
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11s w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki 
Irons: Taylormade R11
Wedges: Titleist SM4 Vokey 52.08, 56.11, 60.04 
Putter: Odyssey Metal-X #9
Ball: Taylormade Penta TP5

I tried the X-22s and found them pretty good. However, I also enjoyed the X-20s. Given the difference in price (and that the X-20s were on offer), I opted for the latter.

In my bag:

D: Burner 2009 10.5˚
3W: Burner 2009 15˚
5W: Burner 2008 18˚R: Rescue Burner 25˚I: X-20 (4-SW)W: CG12 52˚P: Black #2

I got em in flighted PX 5.0 and love them. When you hit them flush, they are indeed worthy clubs! A bad mishit will let you know you screwed up though. I like the setup and little offset... Yeah, perhaps there are - no there definitely are - easier clubs out there to hit, but being comfortable at address looking down at the ball/club, I think adds to your confidence, and for me these clubs do inspire.

WTIB:
Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5° Scads of shafts - now: Kai'li 63 stiff
Tour Edge Exotics 3 & 5 FW
Callaway X-22 Tour irons
Bobby Jones 3 & 4 hybridsRife Abaco/Odyessy Black Series i9 puttersWith a few more hangin' around

Note: This thread is 5467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!