IGNORED

Tampa or the desert in Jan

flap
Note: This thread is 5598 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The Mrs and I are having a debate on our

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Sorry hit wrong key.The Mrs and I are debating whether Tampa or Trying the Desert as in Vegas or Phoenix for Late January.We have been going to Florida for this trip for years and maybe like a change.Any input is appreachiated.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Id say definately go to Phoenix/Scottsdale it was the best golf i have ever played Courses id recommend are Eagle Mountain, Troon North Monument and TPC Scottsdale stadium or champions the thing about TPC is they might make you take a forecaddie which is around $80 a person. Eagle Mountain is a really fun couse to play the first hole plays way down hill. The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess is a wonderful resort which is right next to TPC and they have 5 great resturaunts. If your looking for a nice night out with the Mrs. the roaring fork has the best food ive ever had. Hope this helps let me know where you end up going.

well, i live in Tampa and the golfing here doesnt even compare to Scottsdale or LV. there are TONS of great courses in Scottsdale and LV (Ive been to both several times & Troon & TPC Scottsdale are also 2 of my fav's), but here there are only a handful of nice courses. Even though I live in Tampa, I say GO TO THE DESERT TO PLAY GOLF!

But I love World Woods and know our rotation Bardmore TPC etc.But like I said maybe even San Dieago might be an option we do love Steele Canyon.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4

Another FL guy that says go to AZ!

Scottsdale is great.....not only for the golf, but the difference in going to the desert. If you haven't been, you really should try it, you won't regret it.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

yeah, world woods is a great place to play, but you will find better courses in Scotssdale. and TPC Tampa is really overrated and not in the greatest shape right now. you will not regret going to Scottsdale and my bet is if you end up going there, you will definitely go back. the desert courses are simply gorgeous and the town is so clean. i wish i lived there.

Well I have a unique perspective on this since Im from Tampa, but Ive been living in vegas for the past 3 years. And what do I reccomend? Neither.

Contrary to popular belief Vegas golf sucks. In most cases, its way over priced for what you get. If your going to come out here and play Shadow Creek, Cascatta, and the Wynn course sure come on out. But thats $1500 for 3 rounds, and if your going to spend that kind of money go to Pebble. When I travel I play the premiums. In the last year Ive played Pebble, Spyglass, Torrey, and Bethpage, but for vegas your tend to pay for premiums even when they arent really. I see the tourists here getting raped, and paying $150 a round for courses that arent anything special, and people are just crammed onto them so not only is the upkeep bad, but vegas pace of play has to be the worse in the world. The upkeep just tends to be poor because Im an idiot and live in the desert where grass doesnt grow naturally.

As for Tampa I dont have as much bad to say but I would rather stay in Orlando and play the disney courses. Since tampas only 45 minutes away you could still catch a course down there. Plus if you cant have fun at Disneyworld you cant have fun anywhere.

If you dont mind shelling out the cash go to Monteray and play Pebble, Spyglass, and Spanish Bay. Most beautiful place I have ever seen.

Clubs I havent thrown in a lake yet

Driver: R7 CGB max 9.5*
Woods: R5 3, and 5 woods
Hybrids: Rescue Burner 22*, 25*Irons: CG Red 6 - PWWedges: CG12 52*, 56*, 60*Putter: 1 of 100 handmade pebble beach http://scottycameronblog.com/2007/09...pebble-beach/#Vegas golf sucks!!

I go down to the Tampa area every winter. We have a house just north of Tampa. You may be a bit surprised as I was the first time I went down in winter at how brown the golf courses are. Despite it being warm, remember it is still winter down there and the grass is dormant. Your high end courses do normally overseed but who knows this year. I remember going down my first time i January and my home course in NJ was actually more green than what I found anywhere around Tampa.

The desert definitely...but skip the Valley of Smog, er, Phoenix and head to the Tucson area. Vistoso, Ventana, Del Lago, AZ National...cheaper and the city is less congested.

Taylormade Tour Burner, 2008 9.5, Fujikura Reax 60 stiff shaft, 2 degrees open
Callawy Heavenwood, 14 degree Hybrid, stock shaft
Titleist 585H, 17 and 21 degree Hybrids, Aldila Stiff 85 shafts
Titleist Tour 4-PW, Dynamic Gold s300
Titeist Vokey Spin Milled 56 and 60 degreeMaxfli Crossbax 5.0Top...

Didn't see if this was already mentioned, but, Vegas can be a bit chilly in January. I've been there twice in January to play Bears Best. The first time was pleasant. 65 degrees or so. The second, didn't even play. 40 degrees and windy. No thanks!

If you want to give yourself a better shot at desert golf, try Palm Springs. You will not get that there.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks everyone but seems that due to time costraints it will be Tampa first weekof Feb.Bardmore followed bt 36 at World woods--36 at lake Jovita and 36 at Eagles.Just to hold us over till Myrtle in May.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4

I'd do Vegas or Arizona. That way you can gamble, golf, and ski. There is a smallish ski resort just north of Vegas.

Vegas skiing
http://www.skilasvegas.com/winter/index.html

Arizona skiing
1. Arizona Snowbowl
The official site for Arizona's most popular ski resort. Located on the scenic San Francisco Peaks in the Coconino National Forest.

2. Elk Ridge
600 foot vertical in Williams, Arizona.

3. Flagstaff Nordic Center
Cross country ski center located in Flagstaff, Arizona.

4. Mt. Lemmon
Arizona ski area 25 miles and 6,000 feet above Tucson.

5. Sunrise Park Resort
Arizona's premiere family ski resort in the heart of the White Mountains

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Thanks everyone but seems that due to time costraints it will be Tampa first weekof Feb.Bardmore followed bt 36 at World woods--36 at lake Jovita and 36 at Eagles.Just to hold us over till Myrtle in May.

you are gonna love World Woods. make sure you play BOTH courses. Jovita is awesome too. Eagles is alright (5 minutes away from my house). Bardmoor, eh, just depends on if its in good condition or not......

Rocket;Thanks for the heads up but my sister lives in Largo hence we play there the day we land go out to dinner {The early bird of course}andthen we golf our asses off the next 3 days.Have played WW several times and really fell in love with Lake Jovita.Eagles was a throw in mainly because they have 36 holes on premisess and we do not have to run around.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4

Note: This thread is 5598 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!