IGNORED

What hybrids do you use?

steve617
Note: This thread is 5574 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was carrying the original Cobra DWS in 20* & 23* but I was only hitting the 20* about ten yards farther than the 23*. I know that is about the right gap, but I really am not consistant enough from long range to need a 10 yard gap in those clubs. Plus I found I often would favor the 23* delofted a touch to the 20* if I was just playing a long 2cd on a par 5 for example. So I dropped the 20* for a 64 wedge.

I've also carried a NIKE CPR 26* since I bought it new (in about 2004 I think it was).

I just have the 3 that came with my ignite set. I might pick up a 4 or 5 to use for a bit until I get my long iron swing more consistent. I can hit the 6 and up quite well but once I drop down I have a hell of a time.

Need more practice + lessons :)

In my bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS (9.5*, stiff, gold shaft)
Irons: FP II 4-GW
Wedges: mp R series 56/13 588DSG 60*
Putter: Unitized TiempoBag: ADIDAS Velocity

although im not currently using a hybrid, i do have a couple Callaway Fusion hybrids and a Bridgestone J33 hybrid that i take out from time to time. I also take my Bridgestone J33 Airmuscle #2 hybrid out from time to time

After a month of unsuccessfully looking for some user information or reviews about the new Adams Golf A04OS hybrids, I decided to take the risk based on the good reviews for the A03, and made the decision to buy a brand new A04OS #3 (19°). I´ve onlyt taken it once to the golf course, but I must say I´m greatly surprised.
I had been using for a couple of months a friend´s Taylor Made Rescue Mid Hybrid, also a 19°, and my good/bad shot rate with it was about 6/10 (hook most of the time, specially from the tee), and I was getting almost 210 yds. The difference with the Adams is absolutely notoriuos, once I got my new club, went to the course and started hitting it really long (about 230 - 240), slightly higher and with an amazing rate for a high handicapper like me, of 11/3.
So far i´m loving it, I´ll let you know more as soon as I get on the course again.

PS: Can someone explain why is that I can´t post new threads?

In My Bag:

Driver: Titleist 910D2 9.5º Regular
Irons: 4-SW Taylor Made Burner, Regular Graphite
Wedges: 60°-08 Titleist Vokey

Fairway Wood: 16º 3W Taylor Made R9 Stiff

Hybrid: Adams A4OS 19° Regular

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 2

After a month of unsuccessfully looking for some user information or reviews about the new Adams Golf A04OS hybrids, I decided to take the risk based on the good reviews for the A03, and made the decision to buy a brand new A04OS #3 (19°). I´ve onlyt taken it once to the golf course, but I must say I´m greatly surprised.

i think you have to have so many posts BEFORE you can start a new thread... like 5 or 10 posts i think....and yeah, if Adams is good at anything, its making a good hybrid

This is a tad off topic, but how much distance do you gain using a hybrid vs. an iron with the same loft? I.E.-21* hybrid vs. 21* 3 iron.

BTW I play my dad's Callaway X Clone with some random shaft. It's really good, but the shaft is terrible. Plus, I want to give it back to him and get my own.
Hopefully, I'll get a TEE but I have to figure which lofts...I think 21* and 18* and then drop my 5W.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

This is a tad off topic, but how much distance do you gain using a hybrid vs. an iron with the same loft? I.E.-21* hybrid vs. 21* 3 iron.

it depends, but for most people a hybrid with the same loft as an irons can travel up to 15 yards longer, but usually only about 7-10. For me however, i hit my irons further than a hybrid with the same loft, because im a good iron player, and the hybrids give me too much backspin, causing my ball to balloon.

I have been using a 16* and 19* Ping G5. I had a rattle in the 16 at the end of last season. I sent it back to Ping through my local pro shop and Ping sent me back a brand new identical club. I was happy about that because the 16 is very versatile. I hit it from the tee on tight holes. It goes further then my old Ping 4 wood and the hybrid is great off the deck as well. I also recently picked up a 22* cheap.

When I was deciding what to do about the rattle, I considered replacing my hybrids. I liked the looks of the regular Adams Pro hybrid especially . They looked great. I think that a club that looks somewhat similar is the Nickent 4DX. That seems like a club that I may need to try out, comparing them to my Pings.

Driver: 4DX T 10.5 Evolver w/ Redboard
Hybrids: G5: 16*, 19*, 22*
Irons: Ping Eye 2 +no+ (5-PW)
Wedges: CG12: 52/10, 56/14, 60/10
Putter: C&L flowneckBall: Z-Star

Adams - 3 and 4 this past season from the A3 graphite iron set. Waiting for my new A4 Tech set to be delivered (then 3 and 4 from that set). Might as well use what most of the pros do..;)

TwoUp

I just bought a Tour Edge Exotics Iron-Wood off eBay. I can give my dad his hybrid back and play this one. Depending on how I like the hybrid, I may buy the 2 hybrid as well and drop my 5-wood.

I got a sweet deal on a new 3h (under $30) so I bought it. I haven't hit it yet, but I've heard good things.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

I use the Cleveland Hibore. I like the fact it doesn't have an offset like most other hybrids.
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 9.5˚
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 15˚
adams.gif A7 17˚
adams.gif Idea Pro 3-PW
mizuno.gif MP T-11 52˚, MP T-10 58˚  cameron.gif Red X  titleist.gif NXT

I am in love with my Idea Pro Gold. That's all.

R7 Limited Patriot 9.5º
Sasquatch 15º
Idea Pro Gold Hybrid 20º
Tour Preferred Irons 4-PW
Z Smoke TP 52º SV Tour Black Satin 56º Rossa Core Classics Fontana One Tour

See Sig. Love them like they were made for me.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

Note: This thread is 5574 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!