IGNORED

Iron sets for a high handicapper

Note: This thread is 5613 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

That worries me about buying online then. I don't want faulty clubs...

dont get scared and pass up a great set of irons because of that. it only costs a couple of dollars to have the lofts checked and restored

IF there is a problem. its not a big deal at all....

The differences are minimal in the technology, and being a newbie to the game, they are not differences that you are going to be able to discern. Therefore, I would suggest getting fitted, and then locate a good, solid set of clubs, even if they are used, that you can have fitted for your swing. Believe it or not, you will be ahead of a lot of guys in your situation. I have seen guys decide to pick up the sport, and the first thing they do is buy a set of advanced player blades, right off the shelf without getting fitted, and then wonder why they can never get consistent, and end up quitting. You are definetly taking the right approach. Keep us updated on your progress, and welcome to the site!
Next time they give you all that civic bullshit about voting, keep in mind that Hitler was elected in a full, free democratic election- George Carlin

In the Hoofer bag:
10.5* Redline RPM G5 16* G5 19* G5 22* MX 200, 4-6, MP-52 7-W Vokey 50*, Vokey SM 54*, 58* G5i flatstick IGNITE ball

dont get scared and pass up a great set of irons because of that. it only costs a couple of dollars to have the lofts checked and restored

I agree there, dont pass up a great deal if you come across it, just be sure to get the lofts and lies checked, and the clubs fitted to your swing. It is worth the investment.
Next time they give you all that civic bullshit about voting, keep in mind that Hitler was elected in a full, free democratic election- George Carlin

In the Hoofer bag:
10.5* Redline RPM G5 16* G5 19* G5 22* MX 200, 4-6, MP-52 7-W Vokey 50*, Vokey SM 54*, 58* G5i flatstick IGNITE ball

Is there a real difference between the new equipment released and the 2 yr old equipment. Like i said i'm interested in the a3 or a2 series but how much different are they? And how much different are those sets compared to the adams rpm set?

I'd say the huge technology leap was between the rpm/A1----->A2.

The boxer technology in the A3 is a refinement of that huge leap. The A4s have improved feel and workability over the A3s. This is my perspective. I absolutely love the A2s and can't think of easier clubs to hit straight and long. The only club that gives me trouble in the A2 set is the 3H off the turf. I hit it great off the tee, but can only hit fades with it off grass. I can hit my dad's TM rescue mid better than the A2 3H (same loft). My gap wedge is a forged MacGregor 50 degree Vfoil M55, and I love it's feel. I had no idea what people were talking about when they referred to the "feel" of a blade. For a beginner, I would only consider a muscle backed blade 48 degrees of loft or higher.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I just found out my fiances' uncle knows how to fit people for clubs and he offered to do it for me. still haven't decided if i'm gonna get new clubs or not. maybe i can use the ones i have for another season. they seem to be alright

I just found out my fiances' uncle knows how to fit people for clubs and he offered to do it for me. still haven't decided if i'm gonna get new clubs or not. maybe i can use the ones i have for another season. they seem to be alright

aw man! so we went to all this trouble to help you and now you're just gonna keep using the same irons??? you OWE us some new clubs buddy! (heh, just kidding)

i still haven't made a decision. right now it's 50 50. One part of me says i need new irons and the other part says i just need to get fitted and work on staying consistent with my swing. Golf is 75% mental and it is mentally making me a mess

you selling anything kind of cheap? around 200-250.?

no, and thats part of my problem. although i dont use 90% of it, i refuse to sell the stuff i never use, lol... sometimes i'll sell a few pieces here and there on ebay though. i just sold some shafts a few days ago and a 3 wood and a driver a week or so ago....

c'mon now, we all need new equipment! take it from me. here is about 2 months worth of new equipment (actually this is only half of the pile. the other half is in another room)...

wow haha

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

Note: This thread is 5613 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!