IGNORED

How good do you need to be to play on PGA tour?

LongballGer
Note: This thread is 4408 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Good swing LBG but just wanna make an observation. Everything I see tells me to get into position quickly and make my swing. You take a while to get yourself settled down into your stance to make your shot, something the pros don't do. Are you aware of this and are you working on it?

Thanks.

I think it varies from player to player. There is no right or wrong. Take a look at how long Ernie stands over the ball.

Golf is a game in which the ball always lies poorly and the player always lies well.

Think Ernie's is somewhat exaggerated there because of the wind and wanting to be extra cautious but I still hadn't noticed he was waggling that long. Good spot.
In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*
- Launcher 18* Hybrid - 21* Hybrid - S2 Max 5i - SW - MP T-Series 47* - 60* LW - White Hot XG #1

By "I can physically do what tiger can" I'm talking about flexibility and having the ability to generate as much power as him.

So that isn't you in the video? Thanks for the waffling, but you clearly don't generate as much power as Tiger Woods. Still waiting for the results, the smart alecky comments really are no substitute.

909D3 (Voodoo, stiff)
King Cobra Comp 5w (YS 5.1 Stiff)
AP1 4,5; AP2 6-P; Vokey 252 08, SM56 14, SM60 08 (Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Regular)
Newport 2 Mid Slant

So that isn't you in the video? Thanks for the waffling, but you clearly don't generate as much power as Tiger Woods. Still waiting for the results, the smart alecky comments really are no substitute.

Think you're being a bit harsh on the lad. He has a good handicap and a better swing than most of us. Ok, he's somewhat cocky but you need to be.

In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*
- Launcher 18* Hybrid - 21* Hybrid - S2 Max 5i - SW - MP T-Series 47* - 60* LW - White Hot XG #1

Well, that 6 iron I hit in the vids carried about 220 yards. Let's see a vid of your swing.

Golf is a game in which the ball always lies poorly and the player always lies well.

Prick or not, he's got a good, efficient swing. I think a lot of people beat him up, right out of the gate after his initial post. Yes, he got defensive, but so would I if someone knocked me on the best thing I do in this world. Trust me, if someone told me I was a lousy sleeper, I'd be pissed too.

Driver= Titleist 909D3 9.5 deg
3 Wood= Titleist 909F3 15 deg
Hybrid= Adams Idea Pro Black 19 deg
Irons 3-P= Titleist 695 CB
Wedges= Titleist Vokey Spin Mill 54/10, 60/4Putter= Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5Ball= Titleist ProV1x, NXT Tour

Prick or not, he's got a good, efficient swing. I think a lot of people beat him up, right out of the gate after his initial post. Yes, he got defensive, but so would I if someone knocked me on the best thing I do in this world. Trust me, if someone told me I was a lousy sleeper, I'd be pissed too.

His swing is good, didn't say it wasn't. There are hundreds if not thousands of them better trying to make it in pro golf. But, I doubt anyone would say we can see the equal of Tiger's physical abilities or any evidence of a 220 yard carry with a 6 iron. I disagree he's being defensive. By his own admission, he likes to boast, just no evidence to back it up. Like I said originally, I wish him well if he wants to become a professional golfer, but the attitude and swing video have me thinking all hat and no cattle. He's got a ways to go to prove he's the James Brown of golf, but you never know. Anyway, I didn't break 80 this afternoon, but enjoyed every minute of trying.

909D3 (Voodoo, stiff)
King Cobra Comp 5w (YS 5.1 Stiff)
AP1 4,5; AP2 6-P; Vokey 252 08, SM56 14, SM60 08 (Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Regular)
Newport 2 Mid Slant

His swing is fine. He's creating a lot of tension with the angle between his hips and shoulders and I have no reason to believe that a 6-iron isn't carrying 210-220 when using a full effort swing.

Everyone can be a critic if a swing isn't ideal to someone else, but whatever. He has the fundamentals down. Good angle between hips and shoulders due to very good flexibility, a swing plane that is lower on the down swing and a nice release creating a lot of power (plenty of lag). Body is still. The one thing I'd look to improve possibly is getting the left hip turned a bit more in the follow through but whatever, it's a small thing.

And who said he's coming over the top? He clearly isn't at all. His plane on his forward swing is lower than his back swing. This is how a well swung club should look.

There is no reason to believe he doesn't generate the power he claims with what he has shown. Look at the obvious things (angle between hips and shoulders, nice release) in the swing and it's clear he isn't BSing. Not much anyways.

And who said he's coming over the top? He clearly isn't at all.

I did. Look at his divot. It's nearly 30 degrees to the left.

I second the thing someone else mentioned: show us your tournament results.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well, that 6 iron I hit in the vids carried about 220 yards. Let's see a vid of your swing.

thats a deep 6 iron. and i believe it by that video. He also looks pretty tall and usually that helps when trying to hit a long bal..

also longballger i figured out at the range today that moving the ball back a little bit from my left heel helps me get the ball a little more air under it. i also think i hit it a good 10 to 15 yards further so that should help.

Driver r7 Superquad 9.5 degrees
3Wood 904F 15 degrees
Hybrid 585H 19 degrees
Irons R540xd 4-PW
wedges 52,56,60 degreesPutter iseries 1/2 CrazEBalls Prov1x

The grass is flying straight towards his target. The divot in the ground is hard to analyze and you might be seeing something I'm not. Because video's can be hard to analyze, I'd probably pay more attention to the direction the divot is flying and that is right down the target line.

I just see enough things right in the swing it's hard for me to be too critical. I don't think this is a classic case of a player going over the top. Compare it to: http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21436 That's clearly over the top and the two swings look very different.

There is a difference between coming over the top and coming across the ball. All the divot says is he came across the ball. Look at the pga tour, everyone has that divot and every pro plays the cut shot cause it is by far the easiest shot to hit. Look at Tiger with his divot pointing left of the target, is he also coming across the top? Didn't think so.

Ha, do you expect that over-the-top, poor-posture swing to hold up under the pressure of even a mini-tour event?

Don't be a fool. Better players than you subscribe to "not how but how many". Eamonn Darcy, Jim Furyk etc etc etc. A pretty swing means absolutely stuff all.

No, it is about results, still waiting for some.

You have nothing to base your criticism on.

Blah, blah, blah....

Hmmm. Clearly you aren't the real Butch Harmon....

I do question a cut 220 yard 6 iron. In normal conditions that is long for anyone.

Yes, it is. Maybe he should be hitting a little less full on for a bit more accuracy but that swing in the video doesn't look

that full bore. For reference, look at the irons in his signature....have you tried hitting PX7 shafts??? They play like telegraph poles; if that's what he genuinely uses, he has some power in that swing. Give the guy a break. +2 is good in anyone's book. His swing has a couple of quirks in it but there's nothing in those videos that suggests +2 isn't his real handicap.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

No offense but that is at least 20 yards past what it looks like your capable of.

Bit out of order so the important part is last...

Hmmm. Clearly you aren't the real Butch Harmon....

Uh, like it says on every post I make. Brilliant deduction, misty!

Don't be a fool.

I'm not. But the players you listed had good impact positions, and this guy's still not there. I don't care how you take it back, but "how many" is precisely determined by "how" at impact, whether you're Jim Furyk or my man Eamonn.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Thanks for the answers guys. TBH I don't really care what anyone thinks, I have no doubt in my mind that I'll make it.

Same for me, Keep the faith. We can get there we just have to keep working man!

theincrediblegolfbum.blogspot.com Aol messenger: "Drifterland88"

Driver Tour Burner 9.5 s (Best Driver Ever!)
3-Wood Burner 07 14.5 s
3-Hybrid Halo 22degree Irons X-Forged Project 6.o Rifle s-flexGW SV 52.08 SW Tour Action 900 56.12 LW Oil Can 60.06

Note: This thread is 4408 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!