IGNORED

Living on a golf course?

squaddie
Note: This thread is 5590 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There are some dubious benefits to living on the right side of a golf hole if your house is set back and you have a good sized swimming pool at about 230-240 yards off the tee behind a strong iron gated fense. A good friend at an uscale Private CC had this set up and each day he or his wife would harvest some great balls out of the pool. His garage was filled with boxes of golf balls. It was his Titliest magnet.

I had an ex whose house and gardens ran the length of a par 5 at a pretty decent course. I dated her back in 2002 and have had four years of golf without having to buy a ball since

She'd let me help myself to bags of whichever golf ball I wanted every time I went over!

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

When it comes to selling the house, it can actually make your house less salable. First, in most areas the property value for such a house is higher for the size than the same house would be an a non golf course community 2 miles away. That makes it less attractive for anyone except a golfer, so you have reduced your potential buyer base by a considerable margin. Property taxes will likely be quite a bit higher too.

All that will make the home less attractive to many buyers, particularly in a time of economic uncertainty.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You could always buy a house really close to a course without actually being on it or right next to it. You'd still be really close so you could play whenever you want and you wouldn't get all the cons.

my brothers house is a 2 minute walk to his local course

RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Note: This thread is 5590 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!