IGNORED

Hey Rafi...

NCGolfer
Note: This thread is 6580 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

nice, I knew you'll come to your senses
I myself however don't like r7 series at all, especially the 460 - waaaay to big for my taste. I think 510TP won't leave my bag for a while (can't say the same about the shaft though ).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

nice, I knew you'll come to your senses

I'll admit that I never thought I'd be hitting a TM driver but the new line is pretty nice. I still don't care for the aluminum bat sound it makes, but the results are worth it.

I myself however don't like r7 series at all, especially the 460 - waaaay to big for my taste. I think 510TP won't leave my bag for a while (can't say the same about the shaft though

Again, I diddn't think I'd be using a TM driver, especiallythe 460cc one. I prefer the 'smaller' headed drivers, but the 460 felt pretty good out of the box.

The new stock shafts they have in the r7's are much , much better than anything in the old TM line. I'm sure you'll find something that works well in the 510TP.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

still working on it So far I tried:
1. Fujikura 969 (like hitting a 2x4 )
2. Fujikura Speeder (stock 510TP shaft, a beat soft IMHO)
3. Fujikura Tour Platform 23.7 (has feel of a very, VERY soft tip, "whippy")
4. Aldila NV Prototype TP colors (so far a leader in the clubhouse)
5. Mitsubishi Rayon LT-70 (swingweight didn't feel right...)
I've in my car already the UST ProForce V2. Hit it with the 905R and loved it.
I'll see if it works well with my clubhead, sure as hell looks sweet
About your "aluminum bat" comment - that's exactly the reason why I hate the r7's. Sound and feel is the same throughout the series and the 425/460 obviously didn't change much.
If I wasn't that hang up on the sound/feel - I'd definitely go with the FT-3 from Cally. Trajectory and distance are definitely A++ with my shitty swing... but the sound is way too weird....

• Administrator
still working on it

I hit Don's FT-3 in Georgia and was hitting it well. Of course, then I hit my r7 425 TP well too... so maybe I was just hitting it well. Tough to say, and I can't tell if the FT-3 is for me in five swings or whatever I took with it, but if I ever had one to try I'd certainly not shy away from giving it a fair shot.

The 905R has more of an aluminum bat sound to me than the r7... IIRC, that is.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

still working on it

Good God man. I agree that the shaft is extremely important, but you're bordering on obsessive-compulsive.

About your "aluminum bat" comment - that's exactly the reason why I hate the r7's. Sound and feel is the same throughout the series and the 425/460 obviously didn't change much.

I got over the sound/feel pretty quick. It's kinda odd though. When I

really catch one perfect it makes a totally different sound than if I toe or heel it.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
Good God man. I agree that the shaft is extremely important, but you're bordering on obsessive-compulsive.

5 shafts in 2 1/4 seasons doesn't qualify as OCD.... it's more like being bored and have the means to do it ( God bless eBay

). UST V2 will be installed over the weekend by the way

Nice :)

I've tried to like the R7's, but I just can't get the feel for them. I'm stickin with my original 580 .. I reshafted it with the nv 65s ... very nice feel.

boy i tell ya, new technology tho is just unbelievable for distance. I think if I took my original Taylor Burner 7 degree graphite up against this 580 ... the 580 has 40+ yards on it!

Sean

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11S 9 degree.  Set to upright 8 degree.  Aldila RIP Alpha 60s X flex shaft.

3 wood: TaylorMade 13 degree RocketBallz (coming shortly).. X Flex Matrix X Conn.

Hybrids: 2iron / 4iron Taylor Burner Rescue.

Irons: 5 - PW 2008 Model Year Titleist AP2

Wedges: 49*, 54* 60* Cleveland 588 Rusties.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi Long.

Balls: Titleist Pro VX

Bag: Titleist Black / Red Staff

Note: This thread is 6580 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!