IGNORED

Carry or Pull or Push your clubs?

BogeyGolfer
Note: This thread is 5573 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Push, Pull, or Carry your Clubs

• Push Cart
    • Pull Cart
    • Carry

When there is many people at the course and i will be waiting at tee boxs or when my girlfriend comes i will ride. But when not many people are there, im by myself or with my gf's stepdad, then i will almost always carry. I used a push cart once and i didnt like it too much.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

When I started golfing I rode everywhere as a young and perfectly fit and capable 21 year old. But honestly, it's more because the deals I found to golf (student budget, yay!) were either the same price, cheaper, or just a couple bucks more for riding. Not to mention it's still really fun to me to ride around in the golf cart.

But now that the new year started I got in on the city's municiple membership and now it makes a huge difference price-wise to ride. I originally was going to buy a nice push cart. I'd rather carry my clubs than drag around a pull cart. At first I didn't care about those push carts being for "old folk." Honestly, in the end it did bother me just a little bit... but besides that I had real reasons to hold off on that purchase.

I read something in a magazine that said carrying your clubs and walking a round of golf burns about a 1000 cal for an avg size man. Honestly, I never thought of golf as exercise at all... just as something fun (and it really isn't a whole lot of exercise in a golfcart... like i'd gotten used to) so I decided to just carry my clubs, save some money, and get a better workout. Besides, as sad as it is, carrying my golf bag filled is lighter than carrying just a couple books to the library to study.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

Carry. I have been thinking about getting one of those 3-wheel push carts though. I cant help but think that the fatigue from carrying my clubs is costing me strokes toward the end of my round.
It is great exercise though!

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I responded that I push because for the last 3 years I have carried my clubs, however the last part of last year I started to push because I found that I had more energy and my back wouldn't get sore, where it would in the past. So I have decided when I play 18 holes I would push and when I play 9 I will carry.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

If I walk, I carry. I like to get as much exercise as I can when playing.

Driver: HiBore
Fairway Woods: Prostaff FS #3 Great Big Bertha II #7
Irons: Staff Di7 Irons 4-GW
Wedges: CG10 54* CG12 60*
Putter: Black MaxBall: Trispeed

i prefer to walk and carry.. always have.

i only ride in carts when i play with my dad cause he refuses to walk.

ive never used a pull/push cart so i dont know how id like it... i may try one out sometime when i get older...

RBZ stage 2 driver & 3 wood

Original AP1 4-GW

Vokey 54.10 & 58.04

Scotty Newport 2

I carry when I play 9 after work, and with our Saturday group, but usually ride when my wife plays on Sundays. If you are going to carry, get a good dual strap bag, I use Titleist X86, and don't try 18 the first time out.

:tmade: 09 Burner
:cobra: Speed LD F 3 wood
:cobra: Baffler 20 degree hybrid
:cobra: Baffler TWS 23 hy
:ping: G15 5-UW
:snake_eyes: 56 deg SW 
:snake_eyes: 60 - 12 wedge  
:scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2

I ride at my club, so I can't participate in the poll.

But there's a pitch and putt course near where I live that I enjoy playing once in a while. I play it with 8 and 9 irons, three wedges, a sand iron, and a putter--7 clubs, which is a lot more than most of the patrons are using, but I don't care. For that, I have a little round leather trimmed canvas walking bag--sort of an early 1900s replica--that I keep in my trunk. The seven clubs barely fit.

My regular gamers stay at the club's bag room during the season.

Note: This thread is 5573 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!