IGNORED

I Need Your Club Advice/Help, please!

dweso
Note: This thread is 5571 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think maybe I might try and pick up a cheap set of mx-19s on ebay and maybe compare them to my mp-57s before the heart of the season starts and see what I can score better with.

Thanks for all the great advice guys!

any more opinions on my driver? think it might be too much of a players club or is it forgiving enough?
In My White Hoofer Extreme Bag:
909D3 9.5º w/Fujikira Rombax 6X07
MD Hybrid 17º & 21º w/Aldila VS
MP-60 (4-PW)
CG12 Wedges 52º, 56º, & 60º Newport 2 Putter Pro V1

so you wanna buy a better game?
if you shot in the 70's a few times... and 100's on others... the 70's say you dont have an equipment issue... the 100's prove its a swing issue...
i dont think any club on the planet is gonna give you any consistency...
since you have scored low... and you wanna buy a better game... id look for not the super game but just regular game improvement equipment...

but to tell you the truth... id save my money... invest in a vid cam and more lessons to gain a consistant repeatable reliable swing... i dont see how time at the range can hurt... the more you focus on technique thru hitting lots and lots of balls on a range can only help you with consistency... not just smacking balls just to smack them... but to build a repeatable consistant swing and ball contact

just my humble opinion
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

I agree with you, more practice can always help, and trust me, I play as much as I can in the summertime, but im just trying to get different opinions club wise. Seems like with these mp-57s tho some days I have it and some days I just flat out don't. Before these I had mp-60s and before that titlest irons, so I havent really had a pure game improvement iron since I was a lot younger.

After doing a little more research now I am looking at the mx's. They seem like a nice blend.
MP-60 (4-PW)

I'd say in the summer I play 3 to 4 rounds a week and maybe spend an hour on the range a week, I'm not big on the range just bacause it seems to make me worse haha.

I would definatley not dump the MP-57'S however if you really want to add some forgiveness to your iron set try to replace your 4,5,6 iron for the MX-25 4,5,6, irons, as far as ball striking I used to drop pennies on the floor and hit them with a old club in the winter time to keep me sharp if you can sweep a penny off the carpet consistently you should be able to hit a golf ball clean a little more often. Good luck!

Mizuno mp 630 9.5 Mitsubishi Fubuki stiff
Taylormade R7 RE*AX 55g Stiff
Taylomade Rescue mid 19* Light metals 95g
Mizuno MX25 4 -52*Gap True Temper Dynalite S/L
Mizuno MP-T 56* / 60*Odyssey White Hot Tour # 1

that sounds like a great drill, thanks
MP-60 (4-PW)

golf digest just came out with their equipment issue... you could take a look at that and then go to your local shop and demo a few sets
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

With all due respect to most previous posts (I have not read them all)... throw them away and listen to me !!!

Why? Because when I read your description I though you were talking about me. I am the king of inconsistency, and I won´t allow anyone else to take my title away.

Seriously, the only thing that works for me is taking a longer club, gripping down half an inch and swing between three quarters and full swing, concentrating on a smooth full finish.

For some reason that seems to place me back at my finest on my off days.

Good luck and let us know if it helps.

Please don´t swing while I´m talking !!

Hmmm, I have now just seen your sig. Curiously enough, I also play the MP-57s. I bought them originally with the projext x 5.5. The shaft screwed up my swing. I reshafted with a custom-made KBS Tour Regular and they are now the best clubs i´ve hit.

I don´t know your swing characteristics, but 6.0 is for looonng, loooooong players (as a reference, the only guy at my club that plays them correctly hits his 7 iron 180yards).

Please don´t swing while I´m talking !!

try out mx 19 or just go to the range and work on your ball striking i know i am and 8 and i would recomend going to something with alittle more cavity mx 25 mx 19 celevlend cg reds r7 tp x 22 tour x 20 tour something a little more forgiving

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

Note: This thread is 5571 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!