IGNORED

Who wins a Major first?

RichF
Note: This thread is 5565 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Camillo. He is playing really well right now.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Sergio Garcia I think - highest calibre of the lot, world number 2, and only really lost because Padraig Harrington shot unbelievable back 9's in 2007 Open and 2008 USPGA.

Rory McIlroy I hope - Well I am Irish. Been following him for many years now - he's achieving what people have expected of him 5/6 years ago. Give him a few years and he'll have an Open or 2.

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

Anthony Kim, or Camilo Villegas. AK has a great all-around game. He's drives it straight and down the middle, hit his irons good, and can putt with the best of them.

Camilo's game is very comparable to AK's.

Garica is too good not win one soon and i will be looking for him come Bethpage were he has a second and Turnberry were he likes the course. AK and Villegas will take a little bit longer once they have been in the mix. Donald and Stenson are the over likely ones to come through. I think McIlroy will win at St Andrews in 2010 as he plays amazingly around there. I in the dunhill last year his last 6 rounds have been in the 60s and that time will be about right for him to win

Sergio and Kenny Perry are my two favorites so ill pull for them. however, if Camilo can carry the momentum he has now for the next month or so, he has a lagit shot at winning.

In My Ozone Stand Bag:
Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff
3 Wood: Burner 15* Stiff
Hybrid: Burner 19* Stiff
Irons: Tour Burner 4-GWWedges: CG14 54.12, 58.12Putter: SabertoothBall: TP Back Rangefinder: GX-IHome Course: http://www.strawberryridgegolfcourse.com/

I would have to go with Camilo. He finished last season hot and seems to be playing well this season also. Now that he's over the hump of winning I think he has the confidence to win a major.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

none of the above. Tiger is going to win all 4, which will leave 0 majors for these dorks. But if Tiger takes a tourney off, then Kenny Perry has a shot if he is driving the ball well, and Karlsson is a freakin stud. Sergio is garbage, he will always be a runner-upper. Maybe if he didnt wear skin-tight canary I might take him seriously, I wonder if his boyfriend picked out that outfit.

Whats in the bag?
909 D3 8.5* UST Mamiya Tour Green X
909 F3 13* UST ATTAS X
909 F3 18* UST ATTAS X
909 H 21* DG S300 735cm chrome 5-PW DG S300 54.08 SM 58.04 SM 64.07 SM Studio Select Newport 2 Sonic Blue Dot...

You can cry all you want about how you don't like Sergio, but he's the most talented of that bunch.
As many have said, he's too good nit to win one soon. He plays so well tee to green, that it onlt takes his putting to get mildly warm and he shoots up leaderboards.

I'm surprised that so many have said Kenny Perry, as he is the only 'no hoper' on the list, imo.

I'm looking forward to Rory McIlroy winning a bucket load of the big ones in years to come ;)
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

You can cry all you want about how you don't like Sergio, but he's the most talented of that bunch.

Agreed.

Especially about the Perry part....why everyone goes on about this guy, I've absolutely no idea. Maybe an American can shed some enlightenment on this Perry guy....
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Agreed.

I don't know if he is ever going to win a major, but he is one of the nicest guys on tour.

When he turned pro, he asked his church for some financial support. They agreed, and asked that he pay them 5% of all his winnings in return. Even till this day, he is paying them 5%. You have to respect that. MY point being he is a great guy, but I don't think he will win a major, but a few small tournaments instead.
In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

Rory McIlroy will win one soon enough.

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

Sergio has bottled it a few times against Harrington so I think he's fragile in the latter stages of a major. If he gets well ahead in one, he may fall over the line and then there could be no stopping him.

AK certainly has the game to win several and McIlroy hopefully will win a few in the future. Perry was stupid in my opinion for missing the British Open last year and doesn't deserve one. I wouldn't begrudge anyone else on the list a major title or two!

-----------------------
Golf Predictor Guru
-----------------------

I like Robert Karlsson in a US Open, Sergio in the British, AK in a PGA Championship, and McIlroy in the Masters.

If you ask me, those seem to be the best course layouts for each of them to win a major on.

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

Adam Scott Sergio Garcia Lee Westwood Robert Karlsson Henrik Stenson Kenny Perry Camilo Villegas Anthony Kim Rory McIlroy Martin Kaymer

Sergio or Karlsson. They all might one day.

Note: This thread is 5565 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!