IGNORED

How do you make a golf club have a raw look?

Note: This thread is 5624 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am interested in a nike putter and i have seen a pic of one one of them raw. How can i make mine raw if i get it?
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

Depends on the finish. If it is similar to a hot oil oxide finish, like the Vokey Oil Can finishes, others have advised leaving it in Coke overnight stripping the finish off the club and leaving the raw material underneth. This club finish is designed to wear though. You may need to nominate the finish of the putter (chrome etc) to receive better advice.
KGC- edge bag
580 XD 9.5* harrison striper Ti S
// v-steel 15* S//rescue 17* S
710 AP 2 3 ir + 755 4- 9 S//vokey 200 48.06 / 54.14
sm
60.08// studio design 1 4*

I knew a guy who loved to borrow stuff...specifically clubs. He'd bring 'em back much later and they looked raw.

Just kidding....don't know how you'd weather a stick.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

If it's chrome finished now, you would need to remove that finish somehow. Either by a chemical dip, hand sanding, or sandblasting.

Once removed, you can speed up the "rusting" of the club by dipping the head in a saltwater brine and allowing it to sit outside for a few days.

Of course, all this assumes the clubhead is made of steel, not brass or copper.

Why is it we try to keep everything in life that's metal from rusting and then guys take perfectly beautiful clubs and want them to rust? I just don't get it and it looks like sh*t!

Don't say "more spin" because that's an old wives tail and has been proven false.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Why is it we try to keep everything in life that's metal from rusting and then guys take perfectly beautiful clubs and want them to rust? I just don't get it and it looks like sh*t!

Maybe rusty is beautiful to him, maybe he wants to take the finish off to reduce glare,,,what does it matter to you how his club looks? Anyway back on topic, Coke products work wonders on taking the raw finish off.

Don't say "more spin" because that's an old wives tail and has been proven false.

I do not think he is too worried about spin, he was asking about a putter.

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

I am not wanting the putter to rust, i just want the finish taken off it! It's not just rusty metal underneath! I thought it looked quite nice when i saw a picture of one.

What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

I am not wanting the putter to rust, i just want the finish taken off it! It's not just rusty metal underneath! I thought it looked quite nice when i saw a picture of one.

I agree, it does look kind of nice. I stripped the finish off of my Oil Can Vokey with Coke, worked in less than an hour. The wedge really hasn't rusted though even though I stripped it a year and a half ago. I would assume that most Nike putters do not have finishes that can be easily stripped (like the Oil Can) with coke/vinegar.

Note: This thread is 5624 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!