IGNORED

Bitten by a Cobra!

Chris5573
Note: This thread is 5564 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been trying to decide if I should keep my Tour Burner or swich to the Hyper X. I went to Edwin Watts today to test them out, and I liked my TB better. Then I demo-ed a Cobra F Speed LD and I was blown away! I never gave any thought to trying out a Cobra because of the terrible noise some of them make, but this one gave me the best numbers on the launch monitor. I don't hit my driver like a lot of you guys do...my TB carried an average of 245 and rolled to 260...the LD carried 260 and rolled over 270! For me, this is long. I have already listed my TB on Ebay for sale, and I'm looking for an LD. Do any of you play this or have you demo-ed it? I've heard some of the other Cobra drivers are better/longer, but this one is in my price range.

You would be good to get an L4V...They are deeeeeeeeeep!

The X is for faster players, but even the speed pro D/S are still deep deep clubs.. Cobras are becoming my favorite clubs, FAST.

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

I have this club, got it as a christmas present. When i hit it in the simulator the indoor golf shop has it was consistently around 250-260 which i thought was pretty good. I was a little left but that is a problem i came down with towards the end of the high school golf season. The weather has been warmer here in PA a couple days recently and i went out and hit some balls up into the woods behind my house. I am slicing but i think that is because i haven't swung a club in 4 months, not on a nice flat tee box, and i am probably trying to kill it instead of taking a nice swing. I know once i restore my swing in the spring this thing will be killer in finding the fairway and getting distance. The noise of this club is a little weird but you get used to it quickly, atleast i did. I have the stiff shaft on mine and i think it feels more like regular and i love it. Can't wait to hit the range and course in the spring and get this baby going straight. Extra tidbit of info: Was hitting the ball real low and get a little too wristy to pop it up and hit it where it shoudl ahve left a pop up mark but it didn't. Crown seems durable and able to withstand an occasional pop up. Good thing too.

Speed LD F Stiff Shaft 9.5*
3dx dc 2 ironwood 17*
3dx dc 4 ironwood 23*
710 AP1 5 - P
50.08 Spin Milled CC 56.11 Spin Milled CC 60.04 Spin Milled CCDual Force 2 Putter #1 Pro V1xForget your opponents; always play against par. ~Sam Snead

Sounds like a familiar conversation I had with my Dad. He was gaming a G5 10.5 degree for years but has now gone with one of the new Cobras. He says he's getting crazy distance at 61 years old.

I'm happy for him. Can't wait to play with him again in a couple of months.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I have played every driver on the market and i cant hit anything but a cobra now. Everyone of their drivers is long and straight. best drivers out there by far.

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

I have played every driver on the market and i cant hit anything but a cobra now. Everyone of their drivers is long and straight. best drivers out there by far.

I'm glad I finally tried one out. I never liked the sound they made, so I always stayed away from them. The 2008 LD doesn't seem to be as loud as the ones I remember from before. I have demo-ed the S91, and I like that one even more than the LD...just can't afford it right now. That's fine though, the F speed LD is perfect for me. I bought one new on Ebay for $125.

i was searching for a driver a while ago, and i tried a few hatt seemed to work for a time but didn't. i tried a cobra, which felt good and was loud. But, i couldn't get the distance i wanted out of it, no matter how hard i swung. The club fitter at the golf course i live on fitted me with some henry griffits, which the station has screw on heads and changeable shafts to suit different swings. Henry Griffits is a great company for the amateur, and i got more distance out of the henry griffits than i did out of the Cobra. But, it did cost a good amount of money ($350) and i thought i would try one more driver before i bought the henry griffits. I tried another adjustable club. The Taylormade R7 Superquad. I loved it. it went farther than the cobra and the henry griffits. it has a way smaller head then the cobra, but it isn't too big: it is just the right size where you feel that you are in control of it the whole time. I recommend the TaylorMade for anyone.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

I have the original F speed LD. It is obnoxiously loud, but the results i get from it are so good, that i just have kept it in the bag. Kind of fun, on the first tee knowing how loud it is going to be, and hearing the golf buddies smirk until i walk pass them to hit our second shots. I am quite certain that Cobra toned down the sound of this driver for their next generation. I have never tried this 2nd generation so I can't comment on how this compares. If you are on a budget, this would be a very good driver in my opinion. good luck.

Cobra L5V - Just waiting for the ZL to have a lower price
Cobra F Speed 2006 3 wood - very underrated 3 wood
Adams Pro Idea 3H and 4H

Taylormade Burner XD 4-AW
Cleveland 48*, 52*, and 60*

Odyssey F7 2 Ball

Note: This thread is 5564 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!