IGNORED

favorite ball

wedge player
Note: This thread is 5569 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My favorite ball and what I choose to play are two completely different things. My favorite is probably the Bridgestone B330S, but I refuse to pay the prices charged for 'premium' or 'tour' balls. I also like the Pro V1's and most other premium caliber balls, but refuse to pay $40-46 for them. I currently am playing the new(ish) Bridgestone e7+, which I really like and reminds me off the tee of a premium ball flight although it not as soft around the green. I also like the Wilson Zip and Bridgestone e5+ and find the Top Flite Gamer is OK. None are as good as the premiums, but all are $15-25 cheaper per dozen (new).
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

I am only 16 and don't have shedloads of money but I have hit a Pro V1X and a Pro V1 and prefer the V1x it is about 20 yards longer with a driver for me.

I like Taylormade Burner balls which i will bring into play when its not so cold and wet.

in the bag

Driver: Burner 2007 9.5 Stiff Fujikura ReAx
Woods: 15 degree 3 wood steel shaft
Irons: MX-200 Irons 4-PWWegdes: Sand Wedge 56.13 60.07 Tour ChromePutter : Rossa Lambeau 34"Ball: Srixon AD333

nike powersoft.

i've only tried a handful of models/brands... titleist pro-v1, maxfli (i forget what model they were), dunlop loco, top flite straight, pinnacle gold, and nike powersoft. i liked the titleist pro-v1s, but i just can't afford them on a regular basis. the nike powersoft's are affordable and the feel, to me, is almost as good as the pro-v1, so that's what i stick with.

With the way - I play whatever I get for Christmas, Father's Day or my birthday. I have not purchased a ball (other than logo balls from courses I play) in almost 4 years.

Maxfli Noodle. Good performance for a good price. I still loose too many balls per round to step up to better balls :)

In my bag I carry:
Driver: SQ2 Sumo 5900
3W: SQ2 Sumo
Hybrids: SQ2 Sumo 3 Hybrid
Irons: ProStaffPutter: 2 ball Balls: NoodleLearning the game and steadily upgrading equipment. Need to get some wedges next....

Pro V1

Pinnacle in scramble events.

G15 9* w/Aldila Serrano 63S
FT 4 wood w/ Aldila NVS 75S
i15 20* hybrid w/UST Mamiya Avix Core Tour Red 84S
4-PW MP-57 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 (+0.5")
52, 56 and 60 degree MP-10 Satin w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge FlexStudio Stock #4, BB25, Fastback 1.5 or Backstryke Blade..... @ 34"P...

V1x - I tried not to like it as I have a tendency to gravitate away from mainstream, but its just a great ball.

/J6

i15 w/Diamana Blue 9.5
G10 w/Prolaunch Red 17
Raylor 19* 909h 21 MB 4-PW Vokey Spin Milled 54* and 60* Circa 62 No 7

Callaway Tour i or ix
ProV1x

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

See, I have been back and forth on this one myself ... I am playing 3 different balls right now as I like them all equally:

TP REDS, TP Burners and Calaway Warbirds ... I hate to shell out big money for balls (I am just a cheap bastard) and I find the Burners and Warbirds to be great balls for $20-25 a dozen.
In my Bag:

Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff shaft
3 WoodBurner 15* stiff shaft
5 WoodBurner 18* stiff ShaftHybrid3DX (18.5*)Irons: (4-LW):Putter: Rossa Indy SportBalls: Reds

I would have to say it's a tie between the Titleist Pro V1 and the Callaway HX Tour.

In my humble opinion, my handicap isn't good enough to say one ball is better than another one. My ballflight isn't consistant enough.

I do like to play a harder ball like the Taylor Made TP or Pro V1X on softer greens. But that's because I hate it when I hit the front of a green and it spins back off into the rough.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

For the past 3-4 years, I've played Nike One balls. I Originally started playing the One Platinum but switched to the One Black because I felt like the old Platinum would "balloon" on my tee shots whereas the Black wouldn't. I recently bought a box of the new One Tour to try them out. I haven't played a round yet, but I have practices around the gree with them. They spin like the Platinum but have a more pronounced feel (the Platinum always felt a bit mushy and not very solid to me around the green). The only problem I have with the One Tour is that they seem to scuff very easily compared to the One Black and what I can remember from the One Platinum.

Pro V's for shure or the Noodle Ice! in all sorts of colors are fun!

In my Tour Bag:

Taylormade RBZ Driver, 3w, 3h
Cobra Amp Cell Irons 4i-pw
Vokey Wedges, 52,56,60

Scotty Cameron Putter

"I'd shoot an eagle anyday over a regular ol' birdie"

Note: This thread is 5569 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!