IGNORED

Congratulations to Mike Goodes

Shindig
Note: This thread is 5569 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Check this out: Mike Goodes won today on the Champions Tour.

Well, someone has to win each week. So that, in itself, isn't big news.

But he didn't turn pro until age 50.

Solo 3rd is Bernhard Langer, who was OWGR #1 at some point during which Goodes was "just" an amateur and a golf fan. Larry Mize, another Masters Champion from that era, was also in the top 10.

So, many congratulations to Mike Goodes. Given how often Paper Tiger comes up on this board, I'm wondering how many on the board have a new hero. Regardless of hero status, let's all congratulate Mike Goodes on this remarkable accomplishment.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Mike Goodes seems like a good guy and obviously a very fine golfer... Nice to see someone make it on the Champions Tour who never played the PGA Tour...

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

congrats to Mike - he played a great round of golf. That putt on #14 really set things in the right direction.

Would have been nice to see a playoff (as I always hope) between him and Fulton Allen though.
What's in R7 Bag:

R5 Dual 9.5 degree
3DX Pro 4-PW irons
3FT Hybrid 54 & 56 wedges*Gigagolf Trufeel putterMy blog:http://matt10-livethedream.blogspot.com/

Enjoyed watching him win. Loved his reaction to the four birds that flew directly over his head just before he stroked in the winning birdie putt.

I like the Champions tour, but some of the former PGA guys (the guilty ones are mostly the younger Champions tour professionals) seem to be way too serious. If I had already won millions on the PGA tour (plus millions from designing courses, sponsorships, advertising, etc), I would be out on the Champions tour goofing off and hamming it up. Some of these guys look more serious now on the Champions tour than they did while on the PGA schedule. Come on. The Champions tour is the icing on the cake, don't behave like you are playing on Sunday in the US Open.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

congrats, Mike.
These kinds of stories are great for the game. Who knows where one of us may be someday?!? ;)

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

congrats, Mike.

I agree - its inspiring and shows that it really never is to late (okay he probably played good golf before and didnt start with the age of 40 and worked very hard to get there).

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Note: This thread is 5569 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!