IGNORED

New England Golf

Note: This thread is 5537 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

All of the courses here in Western MA are closed! The weather is warm and the snow is melting a little bit but no courses here maybe check a bit further down south?

In my Tour Bag:

Taylormade RBZ Driver, 3w, 3h
Cobra Amp Cell Irons 4i-pw
Vokey Wedges, 52,56,60

Scotty Cameron Putter

"I'd shoot an eagle anyday over a regular ol' birdie"

Well my friend's dad said that sometimes courses down at the Cape are sometimes open year-round.

A lot of courses on the Cape are open year round. You can also check out Far Corners in Boxford and Lakeview (short course though) in Wenham. I think that Middleton's par three course on 114 is also open year round. I live on the south shore and we seem to have less snow on the ground than north of Boston though. Good luck!

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

I cant believe there are actually courses open year-round on the cape! You must have to play through a little snow?

In my Tour Bag:

Taylormade RBZ Driver, 3w, 3h
Cobra Amp Cell Irons 4i-pw
Vokey Wedges, 52,56,60

Scotty Cameron Putter

"I'd shoot an eagle anyday over a regular ol' birdie"

Hate to say I told you so Sasquatch, but yeah you probably have to, and also they sometimes have temporary greens so you can't putt, but you hit into a circle before the green on the fairway. If your balls in the circle, they just say it's a two-putt. I'm not completely sure about this, but this is what I've heard.

I played 4 times this week at my golf coruse in Nahant. Its over by Lynn and Revere in the northshore. Its a little nine hole, i dont think it merits the hour+ ride from around worcester where you live, but if you're absolutley dying to play its an option. We get people from as far away as Whenham and Hamilton come to play. The Cape is a good option too. I usually go and play Ballymeade once or twice during the winter, which is a great course regardless of season. For you its how far are you willing to drive to play.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

Just played Old Barnstable yesterday and shot an 80!

I think it's way too overpriced for this time of year, $58.00 with a cart or $40 to walk. I wont go back, but will try Hyannis Golf Club his week.

Remember, the cape usually gets rain when we get snow

• 4 weeks later...
newport national
best public course in RI

Chris Nunes,17 yrs old

In My Bag:
Woods:Nike Sasquatch Tour Model (Driver), Nike Sumo 3 wood
Irons: Callaway X-Forged (Project X 6.0)Wedge: Callaway C Grind 58 degree,Titleist Volkey 54 degree (oil can)Putter Cleveland Classic 2 or Scotty Cameron Santa Fe teryllium "Everyday you miss practicing it...

I played 4 times this week at my golf coruse in Nahant. Its over by Lynn and Revere in the northshore. Its a little nine hole, i dont think it merits the hour+ ride from around worcester where you live, but if you're absolutley dying to play its an option. We get people from as far away as Whenham and Hamilton come to play. The Cape is a good option too. I usually go and play Ballymeade once or twice during the winter, which is a great course regardless of season. For you its how far are you willing to drive to play.

Hey TC-Wenham and Hamilton are really not that far from Nahant. Coming from Worcester would be a totally different animal. I live on the South Shore and a ton of courses are now open for play. Of course I had to laugh when Easton Country Club asked me to pay $23 bucks to play 9 at 4:15pm last Saturday but I knew golf in New England was back!

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Note: This thread is 5537 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!