IGNORED

BEST time of the year---March Madness

PEZGolf
Note: This thread is 5527 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Even though I love the game of golf, my favorite sport to play and to watch is basketball, and college basketball is the ultimate! I cannot tell you the last time that I watched a NBA game from start to finish---probably when #33, #00, and Kevin were the All Pro front court for the boys who play on the parquet floor. Living in Central New York, we follow the Big East, and I was a bit surprised when UConn fell to Pitt this week, but----that is typical of that conference.

There are so many excellent teams out there that I find it difficult to pick a clear favorite to win it all. UConn, Oklahoma, Wake Forest, Duke, and all the teams ranked in the Top Ten are strong units, but the rest of the teams in the Top 20 can still go all the way. With a cold wind blowing the snow around outside, it is nice to sit in a warm living room before a TV and watch the top teams battle it out as we approach the Big Dance.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

I agree with you. I like to watch NCAA Basketball a tad more than NCAAF. Im lookin for Michigan State to make it pretty far.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

I only enjoy watching the first 2 rounds of the NCAAs. After that it's just not as fun. I guess I just enjoy the underdogs. I used to love the NBA, but haven't watched it since the Celtics featured Bird and McHale (my all-time favorites). I'm not much of a fan of college football either. I prefer NFL and MLB over college stuff. Of course my favorite is golf so the end of 'March Madness' is good because that means it's time for The Masters - "A tradition like none other".
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

I hate March Madness. IMO, college basketball is on waaaaay too much during this time of year.
Then again, Im not much of a basketball fan.
Then only time I might watch is if the Wisconsin Badgers are playing well (which they havent been in recent years) or if some other little Wisconsin college is in it, but other than that I couldnt care less.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

March Madness and the Big 12 Tournament are the only basketball I watch.
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

Boy, Syracuse's hopes to go to the Big Dance are fading fast. They lost again to Villanova yesterday, and are now in 8th place in the Big East. They may end up in the NIT again this year.

I absolutely love the tourney, especially the first two weeks.

Driver: HiBore
Fairway Woods: Prostaff FS #3 Great Big Bertha II #7
Irons: Staff Di7 Irons 4-GW
Wedges: CG10 54* CG12 60*
Putter: Black MaxBall: Trispeed

of course its the best time of the year for televised sports. its a toss up between opening weekend of march madness, new years day bowl games, and wild card weekend for nfl playoffs. all make for great full days of watching sports. a huge win this weekend for my terps, as they upset N. carolina. hopefully with another key win, they will make it to the dance. fear the turtle!!!

What a WILD WEEK!! UConn, Oklahoma (with Blake Griffin injured with a concussion vs. Texas, who beat them), and North Carolina's loss mean that Pitt will probably be ranked #1. Boy, is college men's basketball a battle of equals or what?

Like any team, when Oklahoma had to play without Blake Griffin, they were a different team and lost two in a row. I saw parts of the loss to Texas and you could see the difference.

Yeah March Madness is nuts. I'm more of a fan of the NBA style (higher tempo usually and more points), but college is fun to watch because of the emphasis of the fundamentals (I play basketball).

Brackets are the most fun part IMO. One and done leads to some upsets, so you never know what to expect. It's definately a better way to determine the best in the country than the BCS system. God how I hate the BCS!

Let's go Duke!!! Too bad they don't have a big man.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

Yeah March Madness is nuts. I'm more of a fan of the NBA style (higher tempo usually and more points), but college is fun to watch because of the emphasis of the fundamentals (I play basketball).

The crunch is on now for teams to qualify for the Big Dance. Syracuse is "hanging by a thread" but their victory over Cincinatti keeps the hopes barely alive. They do have 20 wins but they cannot beat the Big Boys, like UConn, etc.

I agree with the OP - March Madness is the best time of year for sports.

I'm hugely biased, because I was born & raised a Blue-blooded UK Wildcats fan, that being my home state for generations.

Even with the down seasons we've been having lately, and looking like we may not even get to the bracket this year, NCAA men's hoops is my all-time favorite sport, and always will be.

Go CATS! Go Big Blue!

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

WHAT TEAM WILL WIN it all at the Big Dance----U Conn, Oklamoma, North Carolina, Wake Forest, or some other school?

got to go with either Pitt, Uconn, or NC. they are the obvious choices, but that is what makes the tourney great, is that come final 4 weekend any or all of these schools could be out.

Lets go terps!!!

WHAT TEAM WILL WIN it all at the Big Dance----U Conn, Oklamoma, North Carolina, Wake Forest, or some other school?

How about a Memphis-KU final again? They're both playing outstand ball right now......

I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

How about a Memphis-KU final again? They're both playing outstand ball right now......

I'm thinking Louisville and Kansas!

Watch out for Kansas. Started the year unranked - now at #9, lost all five of last year's starters to the NBA. KU is peaking at the right time again. They will be a dangerous team for anyone to face, I guarantee you Roy Williams and Coach K don't want to be in the same bracket. Go Jayhawks!

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Note: This thread is 5527 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!