IGNORED

The Inside Approach

Note: This thread is 5568 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi,

Im trying to knock together something similar. Can someone who has the inside approach let me know the mesurements of the arms, distance gap, foam etc.

Id really appreciate it, so I can make a better job!

I have the plastic and foam.....

Many Thanks

* The two arms are about 14 inches long, plus a rounded black cap that extends about 3/4 of an inch further

* The arm with the foam is about 12 inches, plus the same rounded black cap.

* The foam is 13 inches, and about 2 1/4 inches in diameter. It it positioned about 5 1/4 inches from the and of the arm, meaning that arm plus the foam extend to about 18 inches total

* There is a small 3-hole plastic connector that joins everything together

* The most difficult to describe is the curved banana section that clips to the foam arm. It basically is 6.5 inches high at the top of the curve, and extends a similar 6.5 inches before the clip attaches to it

Note: This thread is 5568 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
    • Most of people does it! (but none over the ball) Gave it time.. Hehe...  Funny story... almost a decade ago I started to aim 3..4 fingers away from penalty hazards on long shots. At 270 yards, each finger is around 10 yards sideways (I got to that number experimenting at my home course and using google maps). Been my dispersion around 70/80 yards this almost put the penalty hazard out of play for me. But most importantly I found a way to measure distance sideways on a golf course.  Of course till today everybody ask me what am I doing with my fingers on tee shots, even on approach shots.  Last year, playing a mid-Am I was paired up with a guy with a caddie, the caddie was his friend but also a decent golf PRO. After a couple of holes he asked me what I was doing and he pulled out his phone to show me an app or "system" that can be purchased were it tells you how much a finger is in yards from different distances. Of course if I could figure out how to measure distance sideways in a golf course many people can do the same and make it a trend an even sell it so... you never know! Thanks for the info. The patch is getting worse... more accurate but less intuitive to follow. I rather look funny doing aimpoint on my knee and just use 1 simple formula than using this patch.    I invite you to measure it yourself, don't trust my numbers. Even your arm length, height and finger width are going to change the numbers. Over the 3 footer was clear that my fingers were farther away from the hole standing up than the others. (even with the arm stretch issue i will explain in the next paragraph) Over the 9 footer I agree with you that it should be the longest of the 3 but in practice it wasn't. My best guess is the arm position on each set up. Standing tall the arm is in front of the body aiming a little down, really easy to stretch. Kneeling, because of my spine been tilted forward (20/30°)  the arm is aiming to the front but more up been a little harder to stretch. Laying on the floor the arm is pointing over the shoulders making it even harder to stretch. The less the arm is stretched, the less distance the fingers are from the eyes resulting in bigger results. At this distance it started to matter, but not on shorter ones.     
    • So, trying out different feels with pitching. I find feeling my right hand controlling the movement to produce better results. 
    • Wordle 1,069 3/6 ⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜ 🟨🟨🟩🟩⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    • I believe the golf courses are leaving some opportunities on the table to educate and even insist that folks repair ball marks and fill in divots. They can and should put up signs strategically of what is expected. It may not cure the problem completely but it certainly would raise the level of awareness and improve on the status quo. Edit: I think the courses should straight up empty threaten folks that they would be asked to leave if found to be leaving ball marks unrepaired. Seriously.
    • Yeah, that's fair.  I'm not sure what the solution is.  I do remember "back in the day" when the ranger would remind you to fix your ball marks. I don't see that anymore either.  I guess my point is. I grew up in a time when fixing your ball mark was "cool". Because it meant you hit the green and made a ball mark. It's just not cool anymore.... which (in my opinion) is too bad. 

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...