IGNORED

Eagles?

Ian
Note: This thread is 5004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How many eagles have you had in your lifetime?

• 1 Eagle
    • 2 Eagles
    • 3 Eagles
    • 4 Eagles
    • 5 Eagles
    • 6 Eagles
    • 7 Eagles
    • 8 Eagles
    • 9+ Eagles
    • Ive never had an eagle :(

No eagles here.

The closest I've came was 6" on a 124 yard down hill par 3 (pw) and 8" on a 157 yard par 3 (7 iron). So obviously no hole in ones either. I did once make a par on a par 5 after going O.B. off the tee. I went driver, 7 wood and hit what had to be a 75+ foot putt.

I did sink a putt for eagle in a 2 man scramble on a 525 yard par 5. My partner hit it 375 (way, way downhill) and 150 to about 3 feet. But hey, that 3 footer had 18" of break in it, and I putted first.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No eagles here.

That's awesome... I was playing in a tournament once, and a guy in the group ahead of us made 5 on a par 5 with two separate penalty strokes

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

Eagles? Well, they used to be often, and everywhere. Now they seem to be a more endangered species. Or, maybe I am getting shorter.

RC

I have only one T____T... although I had chance to make other I only made one.

Greetings

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Made 1 eagle when I was like 19. I'm 25 now, but I was out of golf for like 3 years until last year.

One of my last rounds last year, I hit a sweet drive slight draw into a 15 yard wide fairway. Had 215 to green, with a pond guarding the whole thing had to carry that. Hit a laser beam of a 5 wood right at the flag was probably about 3-5 feet away. As I'm walking up, it's about dark and the greens keeper comes out. He moves the cup from the spot it was, to the other side of the green turning my 3-5 footer into a double breaking 50-70 foot putt.

I was yelling at him telling him to wait, but he didn't pay attention to me and the guys in the club house were laughing about it. Thats my last real good shot at eagle, but this year is young. :)

What I play

Driver: 907D2
Wood:960 15*

5 Wood: 960 18*

Irons: Titleist 735 Cm 3-PW

Wedges: CG16 60* and 52*

Putter: Nike Method

i've had several... in fact, last year i had 5 rounds with 2 eagles. i usually play 6 rounds a week and will generally get 1-3 eagle per week. i've had 2 double eagles, those were pretty exciting. still would like to get that eagle on a par 3.. no aces here yet
In The Bag
Tour Burner TP 9.5* Diamana Whiteboard 83 X-Stiff, tipped 2"
906 F2 13* Pro Force V2 95G Stiff
Idea Pro Gold 18* Aldila NV 105X
735.CM 3-PW Project X 6.5 Ordered Mizuno MP68 KBS Tour X Vokey Spin Milled 58* Vokey Spin Milled 64* Bettinardi BC-1 33" x77 stand bag Pro V1

i've had several... in fact, last year i had 5 rounds with 2 eagles. i usually play 6 rounds a week and will generally get 1-3 eagle per week. i've had 2 double eagles, those were pretty exciting. still would like to get that eagle on a par 3.. no aces here yet

1-3 eagles per week? i officially hate you :)

I have made one. It was on a par five that the round before I hit the same two shots and missed my ten foot putt. So I made it the second time for eagle. It was awesome. But the thing that frustrates me is my little brother last summer had a fluke round and made 2 eagles in the same round. Now I am one behind.

In My Bag:
Driver: 907D2 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 13*
5 Wood: 906F2 18*
Irons: : MP-32: 3-PWWedges: : Vokey 54.10 and 60.4Putter: Circa 62 Charcoal Mist Model #6

i've had several... in fact, last year i had 5 rounds with 2 eagles.

Bite me...

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

i realise now it is sort of a low number but i had no idea people were getting 50+ eagles i guess it depends how long you have played really.

never :(

you guys think eagle/hole in one is luck or skill? or combination of both.
Driver: 3dx driver 10.5*
Irons: 3dx hybrid irons 5-P
Iron: X-14 3 iron
Wood: MT 4wood 16.5*
Wedge: Lob 60*Putter: White Hot 2-ballBag: Xtreme Sport Stand Bag

Over the last 5 years I've had 7 eagles. 3 on shot par 4's (in all cases I hit the green with drive and made putt) and 4 on par 5's (3 of which I reached in 2 and made putt, 1 was when I was just off and chipped in). I do not remember having any before the last 5 years, although I've been playing about 25 years now.

I'm not one of those other-worldly long hitters. The par 4's I've eagled have all been a little under 300 yards and I just hit perfect drives. The par 5's were all (except one) on shorter par 5's where I hit long drive and left myself a a reachable distance. The longest was about 560, but it was a dry day so ball ran a long way on drive and ran onto green from 20-30 yards short where the second shot actually hit.
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

I'm not in cnixon83's league, but I get a handful every year.

In 40+ years of golf, I have yet to even see a hole-in-one though. Go figure.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just one, on a par 4. It was 5% skill and 95% luck.

Driver: HiBore
Fairway Woods: Prostaff FS #3 Great Big Bertha II #7
Irons: Staff Di7 Irons 4-GW
Wedges: CG10 54* CG12 60*
Putter: Black MaxBall: Trispeed

Note: This thread is 5004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!