IGNORED

Bethpage Black

Note: This thread is 6135 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What's the best way for a single, coming from Massachusetts, to get on the Black during the week?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please dont take this the wrong way but if your index is a 36 you probably wont want to play the Black, you will not enjoy it. Aside from that, im pretty sure you have to 1) Be registered with the tee time system, and 2) Have a NYS Drivers License. There is a general number you can call at 516-249-0700 and they will be able to help you.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

Thanks. And I am a 6. Haven't updated my profile.

Your gonna have a great time then. Bring a camera, there are some nice pictures to take.

Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

Easy way - check for a cancellation by phone. Try calling a day or two before and just keep dialing - you might get lucky.

Hard way. Get there as early as you can. If you leave MA at 5ish, you can probably get there around 9ish, depending on traffic, and where in MA you are, but that's a big if. LIE traffic is awful. Maybe you can take a ferry from CN to LI? That would make your trip much more stress free.

So lets say you get there at 9 - I guess (anyone out there please correct me if I'm wrong) you can probably get a tee time for 1pm-ish. The range and practice area is not much to write home about - you can drive 45 minutes out east to one of those quaint sleepy towns near the sound and relax there.

This might actually be much easier during a weekend - less traffic.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

monday thru Thursday, just show up. As long as there isn't an private event going on, you should be able to get on, especially as a single. Friday can be a bit tougher to get on and the weekends much harder.

i've never not been able to get on during the week.

What's in the bag:

Driver: Adams 9064LS (project RIP Shaft) 9.5 degree
3 Wood: Titleist 909R 14.5 degree
Hybrid 3-iron: 19 degree Tour Professional (bent to 18 degrees)Hybrid 4-iron: 21 degree Tour ProfessionalIrons: Tour X-20 5-PW Project X 6.0 shaftsGap Wedge: Mizuno MP10 52.08 Sand Wedge: Mizuno MP10 58.10 Lob Wedge: Nike 62.06

Note: This thread is 6135 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!