IGNORED

Rate my Equipment

jermzkill
Note: This thread is 5147 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Callaway Great Big Bertha II
Crappy Wilson 3 5 & 7 W
Mizuno T-Zoid Pro II 3-PW
MacGregor Golden Bear Wedges
Brand new Taylormade Rossa Tourismo Putter (haven't used yet)
Taylormade Stand Bag. Idk what its called...

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Callaway Great Big Bertha II

I'll give you a ten for those irons, I played with them for a two seasons, and loved them...

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

OK... I'll play, but for the life of me I still can't figure out why.

Driver: Titleist 976J 9.5˚, Grafalloy Prolite 35 Stiff - Custom fit by Titleist on their launch monitor (immediate 10-12% increase in distance)

3 Wood: Callaway Big Bertha Warbird S2H2 1991 15˚ - Grafalloy Prolite 45 Stiff - tipped, arguably one of the best 3 woods ever made, and still found in some PGA Tour players bags.

2 Iron Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ TT DGS300 - not much to say except that I like it much better than the 5 wood it replaced.

Irons 3-PW: Mizuno MP-33 2˚ Up, +1/2" over. Same specs as my old MP-14's, and just put in my bag two days ago.

Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action 900 Raw, 54/10, 60/0 +1/2" over, TT DGS 300

Putter: Ping Anser II BeCu, 35" off the rack - I've used this for almost 15 years (except for 2 months and 8 putters in 2000 trying Dave Pelz's system)

Grips: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Cord, +2 wraps, logo up, blacked out.

They're old clubs, but they should be great for hustling on the course this summer

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

Lunchbox -

My 3 wood has the stiff shaft, I just mean the factory Ping one.

I bought the hybrid used, so no fitting. I like the low score for the putter. I 3 putt maybe once every other round, so I don't mind it. I played at Washington National over the summer, and the rental club set had a putter like you get at a putt putt place. No 3 putts there either. I swear one day I'm gonna get an Odyssey.. one day.

Brandon

R7 460 SuperQuad driver
G5 3 wood
Rescue Mid 2H R7 3-AW Vokey Spinned Milled 60* White Hot Tour #5 Burner TP

KevinTri -

Ping G5 w/Aldila NV S65 - 8/10, were you fitted for the shaft?
Ping G2 3wd - 7/10
NIke SQ2 20* hybrid - 6/10
Callaway X-18 Pro 3-pw - 9/10, more people should play callaways, they make the game easier
Cleveland CG11 52*,58* wedges - 10/10, everybody knows cleveland makes great wedges
Odyssey White steel 2 ball - 7/10, this is high for me because I hate 2 ball putters but some people love them and this is considered the best of 'em
Bushnell 1500 Pinseeker T.E. range finder - 0/10, I don't use one of these preferring to stay away from all electronic equipment while on the golf course (save a golf cart occasionally). Did you know Ben Hogan preferred to feel the yardage, and fired a caddy once because he gave him the exact number, just a thought.

Anybody can feel free to rate me, I haven't bought a new club in at least 3 years and don't plan to.

Driver - TaylorMade R7 425
3-Wood - Callaway Original Steelhead
Irons - Ben Hogan 3-PW Apex FTX, Rifle 6.5
Wedges - Titleist Vokey 52, 56, and 60
Putter - Scotty 2004 Newport Beach 1.5

RocketSauce - first off... take it easy with the huge high-res pics, just the one of the bag would've been sufficient haha.

Driver: Callaway FT-i - 1/10, ugly ugly and more ugly (although I have no doubt you whale on it)
Woods: Sonartec GS Tour's (3 &5) = n/a, i dont' know much about sonartec
Hybrid: Nickent 5DX #4 - 7/10, heard good things, but don't know much
Irons: Precept Tour Premium Forged CB's - 8/10, i've never hit them but they sure are pretty
Wedges: Tour Edge Spin Milled - not sure
Putter: SeeMore FGP (for the time being) - don't see it in the bag

Also, you'd be disqualified because you're carrying 15 clubs. My advice, ditch the 5 wood and 3 iron, keep the hybrid, add a 3rd wedge (you're missing a sand wedge, unless your 60 has a ton of bounce on it) and don't forget to put the flat stick in there!

shako - looks strong

I've never hit that particular cobra driver, but my old man had one a couple of years back and it was one of the most forgiving drivers I've ever hit. Bit of a hollow feel but nice.

Nice 3 wood, Ping has made a strong comeback with their clubs IMO

I've heard bad things about the titleist hybrid. I've played Titleist drivers, irons, wedges and putters and have loved them all so I was shocked to hear it, but it was from a very trusted source.

Great Irons
Great Wedges
I can't stand two ball putters but for those that love them, this is the one.

My 3 wood has the stiff shaft, I just mean the factory Ping one.

Cool about the shafts, I'd say get fitted, I haven't yet with my r7 but plan to soon.

I know a lot of guys that don't put much effort into the type of putter they have. IMO of all clubs it is one you can get away with doing that. That said, anybody that strives to get better and practices a lot eventually tries different types of equipment. Once you do that you will realize the benefit of having a putter that truly matches your stroke (not saying you don't have that already). And oh boy the confidence once you have it.

thedoxology, great set of clubs you got there. Here's my rating:

TM R7 425: Can't say too much about this club but I did game a 460cc for awhile. One of the best drivers I've played with and was recently knocked out by a Tour Burner. I'm sure the 425cc is just as good. 9/10

Callie Steelhead: Nice classic fairway you have. We actually have one downstairs in our basement and was a great club. I'm not too fond of the looks though. 7/10

Ben Hogan irons: Awesome irons. What more can I say? Players clubs. 8/10

Vokeys: Same as above. Vokey wedges are one of the top names out there. 9/10

SC Newport: Great putter. Nothing like the feeling of a Scotty. 9/10

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

thedoxology, great set of clubs you got there. Here's my rating:

Thanks Tonyy, I've got it right where I want it right now so I have no plans to shake it up. I've had that steelhead since 97ish, when I was a sophomore in HS it was my 'big' purchase. I think the 425 is the best driver I've ever hit, I've had it for 3+years and I'm still in the honeymoon period. Haven't hit the burner yet, but until I start spraying the r7 I'm not touching another one.

I like your bag as well, Mizuno is the hallmark of 'players clubs'. I'm not sure what custom 'chalkboard' finish means, but it's kind of turning me on.

I like your bag as well, Mizuno is the hallmark of 'players clubs'. I'm not sure what custom 'chalkboard' finish means, but it's kind of turning me on.

Thanks! As for the "chalkboard" finish, its basically a chalkboard. LOL. Before a tournament or when I play, my girlfriend writes on it or whatever. The best thing is that whatever is written can be erased! I know some people don't like it but I enjoy it.

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

Someone care to do mine?

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

All in all a nice bag, but not really to my liking. I think more than one hybrid is the first step in making all of our bags look like womens bags, with 4, 5, or 6 woods and just the 'easy' irons in the bag. I know you aren't guilty of this but just a small rant.

The 695CB irons are money though, and clearly I like the vokey wedges. Both 8 or 9/10.

I've practiced with the futura putter and it felt alright but I like simple sightlines on my clubs so for that reason I give it a 5/10.

Cool about the shafts, I'd say get fitted, I haven't yet with my r7 but plan to soon.

I know what you mean. I was at Dick's Sporting Goods and was messing with an Odyssey White Hot Tour Rossie with the 34" shaft and I think that's the one I'm gonna pick up. I loved the feel of the ball off the face, and I think it's a great looking putter. Now if my tax return would just get here already...

Brandon

R7 460 SuperQuad driver
G5 3 wood
Rescue Mid 2H R7 3-AW Vokey Spinned Milled 60* White Hot Tour #5 Burner TP

What's in my Mizuno Aerolite Bag?

I'd have to rate your sticks a 9.5/10...Love the driver and woods. Irons are a great set of clubs, Wedges are fantastic, I can take it or leave it on the putter and the ball of choice. I like the grips and love the shoes!

In my Diablo Edge Tour/ Titliest Stand Bag:
Driver: Nike VR Pro 8.5* w/ Myazaki 43g X
3 Wood: Nike VR Pro II 13.5* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X
5 Wood: Cobra S9-1 Pro 18* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* w/ Prolaunch Red X
Irons: 4-7 Titleist 712 CB, 8-9 712 MB w/ TT Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: 46* Vokey SM4, 54* Vokey SM4, 60* TMade ATV

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Belly 43"

Note: This thread is 5147 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!