IGNORED

Anybody break their driver?

Note: This thread is 5537 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This is comedy...I guess i've not immerssed my self enough in golf to get that angry. At this point it is my mistake not the drivers.

I did see a guy at the range the other day break his driver's head hitting balls. It was cleveland launcher, that he said must have 15,000 balls on it. the top of the club head finaaly gave up and exploded. he just put it in the trash. I grabbed it, and took it home for the shaft.

In my bag are
Hibore XLS 10.5*
Hibore XLS 22* 3i Hybrid
TA7 irons 3-PW, SW
CG11 60* LW VP #5 putter.

there was a day when my driver was flying over the fairway. and ironicaly on the 18th hole i went to throw it again and on my back swing i hit my buddies driver and my driver shaft just snapped into. its ironic cause it didnt breakk from being thrown it broke by accident..lol but ever since then i have learned to control my anger and have yet to get as angry again.!!
Driver: Taylormade R9
fairway wood: Cleveland Launcher 15 degree
hybrid: titleist 585 17
irons: Taylormade mb tp smoke 3-pw
wedges: Titleist vokey wedgesputter:sc ss newport 2, 34"Bag: ping vantage bag(team bag)

3 iron, Yes. 4 iron, Yes. 2 drivers, unintentionally. 1 Driver, I broke the shaft while hitting the ball, 2nd, I put a crack in the head (from normal wear and tear). P.S. The 2nd driver was a warrior brand, not good quality at all, only lasted 3 weeks.

have you ever seen a physcologist? just wondering..

I am a physcologist. I go physco on the golf course.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Driver - Check
Woods - Check
Irons - Check
Wedges - Check
Putters - not over my knee but have broke a few of them....

I'm pretty sure it's all out of my system now though....haven't really come close to it lately (outside of throwing a gap wedge into a pond last season). I've spent too much on clubs at this point....

I broke my old Stulz driver shaft across my back on my follow through. It was VERY loud. Almost like a gunshot. Probably because it was just behind my ear. It was bazarre to have the weight difference of the head and 1/3 shaft falling off. It was a good shot though. This happened on the 4th hole and I played a good round hitting 5-wood off the tee rest of the day.

In my bag:

Driver: 907d2
Fairway: R7 ti 5-Wood
Hybrids: 909H 21 Rescue 4Irons: KZG Forged Evolution 5 - PW w/Rifle 6.0 shaftWedges: 52 Rac & Vokey 58Putter: Studio Select 2Ball: Titleist ProV1xEyes: SG5

Iv never broken a shaft but i played with the head pro(my teacher) and he did something quite funny. His friend(an 18 or 20 hndp but probably not that good) was bugging him about why he was hitting sky balls(he put 5 idiot marks on his club in 1 round LOL) and the pro told him. Well his friend isnt too techinchal(the pro tod him he was laening forward) and dint get it. So on the next tee the friend asks him again and the pro gets really angy with him and takes a swing with one arm(he went in really steep to show the guy what he was doing) and hit the little yardage marker. It made a huge sound. The friend goes on to hit a big old 100yd slice. Funny thing is that i played w/ the guy's friend a few days later and gave hi alittle tip and the guy clocked 1 down the center 250-260 LOL.

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

I once had a VERY bad stint trying to pitch out of some very thick, wet rough greenside. After finally getting something resembling an 'out,' went over to my bag (on the cart) and smacked the bag with my wedge. At the time, it was actually a successful "restraint," because I wanted to throw the thing into last week.

As I get to the next hole, I pull my driver out by the head, flip it over and grab the grip, and feel.....something....very....weird.... *wiggle wiggle* My first thought was, "awwww....f**k...," as I noticed the shaft was splintered. BUT, I actually found the ONLY thing worse than discovering you (more or less) accidentally broke a club...when the thought hits you that...."how did that...?? Oh, it's when I....OH NO....then that means.........!!"

Yep, I snapped the 3-wood, too. Had to play the rest of the round on a reasonably long course, teeing off with my 3-hybrid.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

I once had a VERY bad stint trying to pitch out of some very thick, wet rough greenside. After finally getting something resembling an 'out,' went over to my bag (on the cart) and smacked the bag with my wedge. At the time, it was actually a successful "restraint," because I wanted to throw the thing into last week.

Well done, my friend.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

ive never purposly broken any of my clubs but my brother has broken a few lol

1 time i had some woods with my first set and we would share when we were learning,he hit the ground head flew off lol,

the other wood he was just walking and the head fell off it lol probably just cuase htey were crappy,

went to a driving range one time and we always played baseball and were trying to get out of the baseball swing and he would always like dip down and twist his hands and somehow would hit the ball with the BOTTOM of the driver haha but he hit a ball with the bottom not the face and it cracked straignt up the middle

r7 draw driver 9.5* stiff shaft
Big bertha 06 irons, 4-sw
56*vokey spin milled 10*bounce
Victoria ;)
tp black balls cart bagJack nicklaus Golden Bear 52* and 60* wedgesWalter hagen: 3 wood 5 wood 4 hybrid stiff shaft"I don't say my golf game is bad, but if I grew tomatoes they'd come up sliced."www...

I have a sweet one. about 2 years ago, i was practice at a range with a 5 iron. I got so disgusted with the ball flight i was getting i threw the club behind me into a fence that lined the back of the range. I walk over to the club and discovered that the handle must have caught into one of the holes in the fence, turned and snapped the shaft.

500 man pts for DFB.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Just snapped my hybrid over my knee on Monday...it had it coming!! Watch out though, graphite shafts are tough and it might end up biting back.

I did not even think it was possible to break a graphite shaft on the leg as it is too strong and flexible. Most people I see breaking them do so on the golf cart or a tree. But if you cut the shaft even just a little with a hack saw it will break like candy in your hands. Big reason to make sure your shafts are not damaged or cut as they will self destruct on impact, if they are.

Never broke one myself, but have seen a friend break a sandwedge over the knee after going from one greenside bunker to the other more times than I can remember. That was five years ago and he still wont even go to that cource with me yet. Saw another friend helecopter a short iron into a small patch of woods that never came out of the trees. And the reason I don't break clubs is I saw a friend break a club with a steel shaft, try to put it in the garbage and sliced his arm open requiring alot of stitches. Whenever I see something really funny I file it away in my memory for bad days on the course. Then when anger flares up on the course I remember the time a friend walked face first into a sliding glass door or something stupid like that. Helps erase the anger pretty quick.

I missed a short putt a month ago and picked the ball up and hit it away like a baseball hit with my putter,i hit it real good only the connection was on the shaft above the head,bent the shaft so i had to get it re-shafted.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

I was just wondering if anybody ever snapped there driver over there knee? I feel the day is coming for me...Just wondering.

Been There. Don't do it man...You'll just regret it afterwards.

What's in my Nike Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag:

L4V 9.5F Driver
909F2 13.5* VooDoo Stiff Flex Shaft
VR Forged Split Cavity 3-PW Custom Newport 2.6 Vokey Spin Milled 56.11 Wedge 60.10 SV Tour Wedge Diablo Golf Balls / ZIP Golf Balls SG 2.5

Note: This thread is 5537 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!