IGNORED

Weak, high, heavy fades - video - help appreciated

cold
Note: This thread is 6559 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I went golfing tonight and there was nothing but slices on my long irons and fades on my short ones. They were also quite weak. While reading on here I heard it mentioned iron shots shouldn't be too high, but mine are of course (maybe 2 of my houses or so stacked) and my shots do not stick very well. . . although hitting the green is a rarity.

Your suggestions would be very helpful - below is a short video I took of my swing in my backyard. I am aiming pretty much straight ahead (a tad bit left) and I am swinging at a tee. I think I am holding a 5 iron.

I would also like to know if this video is high enough in quality for the swing check. I was using my digital camera.

Thanks

edit: and no I don't wear sandals when I golf :p

• Administrator
Look at how quickly the club gets inside the target line through the ball. You're casting and cutting across it. See the other thread where Jeff talked about keeping the right elbow close to the right hip for a long time and just before that post, Dave talked about delaying the breakdown of the wrists...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

just wondering what the other thread is?

thanks in advance

bridgestone j33r 460 V2 75 Stiff
HiBore Fairway 15 V2 75 Stiff
hybrid HiBore19 S300
bridgestone j33b 3-PW S300
Vokey 52 GP Vokey 58 LWyes sophia Putter 33Titleist v1x - bridgestone B330Home Course: Bethpage

The thread Erik was referring to is here .

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Two things. First, what Erik said. You're swing looks slow to me. I think you need to keep from casting and that will help the 'weak' shots in your game by adding some speed to the swing.

Second, you are coming over the top. Not horribly, but you are. If you look at where the butt-end of the club passes through your upper-right arm on takeaway it is in the middle...which is good. Unfortunately, on the downswing it is going through your right shoulder. What you need to do is route the club on the same plane on the backswing as the downswing. I know that most are focused on this, but if you video your swing, this is the easies way to see if you are still coming over the top...

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

have you ever heard of the book "tour tempo", that should fix your casting problem in about 15 minutes at most. Its real nice, just pop in the cd and watch the first 2 videos about 3 minutes.

Thanks for your advice guys, I took it to the range tonight. I'm happy to say I implemented the delayed release in a good handful of shots successfully - it's a very nice feeling. As I was warming up, I noticed I was releasing my wrists as early as the middle of my downswing, so I am grasping this a bit more.

http://www.vidiLife.com/index.cfm?f=...01-4208-8AFB-8

I have my first video feedback when I'm actually in front of a ball. As you mentioned Dave, my swing plane changes on the downswing. It looks like it's caused by my starting the downswing with a push of my upper body instead of a rotation of my hips - my head goes forward and my club along with it. What do you think?

Furthermore:

-I tend to close my stance
-my alignment seems off a lot of the time
-my backswing is much more shallow than in my other video

And Eric I'll look into that program, thanks.

• Administrator
The URL you posted doesn't work for me.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just wondering if my coming over the top and casting is why I don't have much spin? I can't hold greens well at all, but I'm not sure if the course I'm playing has something to do with it too.

Just wondering if my coming over the top and casting is why I don't have much spin? I can't hold greens well at all, but I'm not sure if the course I'm playing has something to do with it too.

It could. As you get more clubhead speed, it will generate more spin on the ball when you strike it. Again, that is why you see the pros spin the ball like mad...they are able to hit the ball at the perfect spot in their swing thus maximizing speed.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

It could. As you get more clubhead speed, it will generate more spin on the ball when you strike it. Again, that is why you see the pros spin the ball like mad...they are able to hit the ball at the perfect spot in their swing thus maximizing speed.

I had a sort of realization at the driving range the other day. If I pulled down with my left hand more instead of pushing with my right side I felt a snappy feeling at impact naturally and hit my shots about a full club-length further or more. No fade.

Note: This thread is 6559 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!