IGNORED

Next club to add advice!

Note: This thread is 5518 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which one FIRST?

• Hybrid
    • Wedge
    • Wood

Alright! It's about time I add my next club to the bag and get closer to finishing this thing!

I had a lot of success with everyones help when I asked for help on which wedge. Some interesting input in that thread.

So basically, my decisions are mostly made on what to get... just not in what order to get em. Of course, I won't ignore any constructive comments on other options. Any YES... its taylormade because I like it, i've yet to be disappointed, and also because I have access to better prices.

Now to the actual items left to add:

-- Tour Burner 3 or 3+ wood (can't decided yet on the strong version or the 15* version)

-- Tour Burner Rescue T2 18*

-- Z TP 58* wedge

Originally, I was going to get the 58* next. But I'm so happy with the 54* right now I feel I can wait on the 58* it was suggested in the other thread that this is more of a specialty club not used often by most. The only concern here is that I need it custom built and I want the 'Z' grooves. I forget if the new usga rules have any effect on the production of these wedges in the upcoming months?

Right now on the top of my list is the hybrid, but I find myself worrying about the specs. My irons are an inch longer and pretty upright and im really liking it this way (being tall and all). As far as I can tell I can customize the rescue to an inch over standard, but can't change the lie. But isn't it true that lengthening a club without adjusting the lie bascaily flattens it out more? Then again, I guess it'll force me to hit the ball with more of a sweeping swing than a steep attack. I had a big problem with topping the ball before changing to custom clubs. Also, I see it comes with an adila nv shaft option. Anyone have any opinions on that? In the end this club is at the top of the list for practicality. I need a reliable 200-240 club off the tee... and would love to have something that I can hit off the fairway as well.

Also will eventually add the 3 wood (or 3+ to the bag) but will listen to any reasons that say to do it sooner rather than later. And any help deciding which loft to go with and why. I'm leaning towards the 3+ personally.

Right now I basically have to choose between driver and 3 iron on holes that would be ridiculously easier with something in between. Also, I never really use woods off the fairway since it's not worth the risk for me so I'd consider the 3 wood just another tee off club.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

I would get a hybrid just for the variety of shots you can make with it. Your looking at something were you can use off the tee, shots into the green that will stop on a dime, and for me I use it a lot to recover, and pull of low spinning shots that I can't with my irons. For me I am 6'4 with half inch longer shafts bent 3* upright, my 2 hybrids are standard. I heard the same you did, don't lengthen the shafts you will make it flater. But I haven't noticed any miss hits. I love the Burner Rescue Hybrids.

In my OU Stand Bag
Driver: R9 TP 10.5 Fujikura Motore 1 S
3Wood: R9 15 S
3H: Burner Rescue 19 S
4H: Burner Rescue 22 S5-AW: VR Full Cavity S .5 long & 3* uprightSW-LW: Wedges 54* - 68* Putter: Newport 2 with added sight line, 10 grams, & BOOMER SOONERGPS: Green Finder on Iphone

It's a toss-up between the 58* and the hybrid... I use both of those clubs a lot. My 58* is for any greenside bunker and lots of chipping on courses with elevated greens and such, as well as other shots. The hybrid is pretty handy as well, a good "go to" club for really tight or short holes. I would flip a coin and let fate decide between these two.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I would get a hybrid just for the variety of shots you can make with it. Your looking at something were you can use off the tee, shots into the green that will stop on a dime, and for me I use it a lot to recover, and pull of low spinning shots that I can't with my irons. For me I am 6'4 with half inch longer shafts bent 3* upright, my 2 hybrids are standard. I heard the same you did, don't lengthen the shafts you will make it flater. But I haven't noticed any miss hits. I love the Burner Rescue Hybrids.

Would it be weird that if I went standard my 2 hybrid would be shorter than my 3 iron?

Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

I would go with the rescue first then the wedge and finally the 3 wood. If you are using the 3 wood mainly off the tee then go for the 3+ wood.
Don't think too much about the length or lie of the rescue too much without trying it out first, it might work just fine as standard.
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 9.5˚
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 15˚
adams.gif A7 17˚
adams.gif Idea Pro 3-PW
mizuno.gif MP T-11 52˚, MP T-10 58˚  cameron.gif Red X  titleist.gif NXT

Have you thought about getting a 5 wood instead? I'd go 5w, T4 hybrid and 58* wedge and ditch the 3I. If you want to try something new you could put an X shaft in the 5 wood and hit a nice high cut all day long. As your handicap goes down to single digit you can start thinking about interchanging your 3I for 5W depending on the course you are playing.

Driver: Titleist 907D2 9.5 Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Pro Black 18*
Irons: Mizuno MP60 (4-PW)
Wedges: Vokey SM 50/54/58/62
Putter: Yes! CallieBall: TM PentaHome course: DeBell Golf Club http://www.debellgolf.com/

id go with a 5 wood with 18* loft because is gives you a consistant gap between the lofts in your clubs. heres what i mean:

with a 18* 5 wood
Driver = 10* (i made that up, it really doesnt matter what your drivers loft angle is)
5 wood = 18*
3 iron = 21*
4 iron = 24*
5 iron = 27*
with the 5 wood, you have a consistant 3* gab between all the clubs. then, you could get a 3 wood with 15* and still have that 3* difference.

with hybrid of 19* you would only have 2* difference between the hybrid and 3 iron. thats really not a big deal, but if you have 3* difference between clubs then you will have consistant, proportional distances with all you clubs. so i say go with a 3 and 5 wood of 15* and 18* loft respectively.

In My Ozone Stand Bag:
Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff
3 Wood: Burner 15* Stiff
Hybrid: Burner 19* Stiff
Irons: Tour Burner 4-GWWedges: CG14 54.12, 58.12Putter: SabertoothBall: TP Back Rangefinder: GX-IHome Course: http://www.strawberryridgegolfcourse.com/

"Would it be weird that if I went standard my 2 hybrid would be shorter than my 3 iron?"

For me it didn't matter I would hit on a launch moniter to see what the distance is between the 2h and 3 iron. But for me it didn't matter because the hybrid carried so far.

In my OU Stand Bag
Driver: R9 TP 10.5 Fujikura Motore 1 S
3Wood: R9 15 S
3H: Burner Rescue 19 S
4H: Burner Rescue 22 S5-AW: VR Full Cavity S .5 long & 3* uprightSW-LW: Wedges 54* - 68* Putter: Newport 2 with added sight line, 10 grams, & BOOMER SOONERGPS: Green Finder on Iphone

In this case the Hybrid actually is 18*. The 5wood would be 17.5*. and it would be a little longer.

I've never played a 5wood, but have some sort of mental issue with fairway woods off the deck. maybe i should read up on a wood vs. hybrid thread and see what differences there are... but price-wise the wood is less appealing as well. I know many reasons why i shouldnt go that route, but not many why i should. any more input other than the degrees?

Guess it's time to go see if i can find a hybrid to demo outside since it's been a while. I'd probably ending up getting it an inch longer anyway. I can always cut it down shorter if I dont like it.. (and please someone correct me if im wrong)

@cowboyclubtx. Thanks for the response. Now I look forward to trying it out with a positive attitude on the range.

id go with a 5 wood with 18* loft because is gives you a consistant gap between the lofts in your clubs. heres what i mean:

yeah, but what degree his gaps are doesn't mean SH*T, what does matter are the yardage gaps... for example an 18* 2-hybrid might be shorter than an 18* 5-wood, but longer than an 18* 2-iron. It is the distance he hits these clubs that should influence his decision.

Not to mention... I think the OP was talking about am 18* rescue, not a 19*... and I would pick between a hybrid and wood (of similar ditance) by selecting the one that fit my game the best. Take me for example, I have found very few 5-woods that I like, but my 2 hybrid fills the gap between 3 hybrid and 3-wood perfectly, so there is absolutely NO need for a 5-wood that I wouldn't like anyway.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

the hybrid will provide you a versatile club for tee shots, fairways, bunkers, rough, hardpan and etc.

Sounds like you've identified the one you want and loft.

You are still making some decisions on the 3wood vs stong 3wood.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Note: This thread is 5518 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!