IGNORED

Funniest Incident You've Witnessed

Doctorfro
Note: This thread is 5491 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

my buddy tried to cut a dogleg and wound up in the woods...
we found his ball and we take cover as he was hitting it... shankapotomas...
the ball bounces off the tree in front of him... then bounces off the tree to the left of him... then bounces off the tree behind him... rolls between his legs and rests exactly where he hit it...
even the guys waiting to tee up were busting up laughing
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

funniest thing i remember is waiting on the first hole with 3 school friends for the group ahead to take their second shots and move on ... one of my mates was practice swinging and on the downswing a rolled a ball along the floor, he caught it on the toe and it flew off right towards my other friend who was holding his club by his chest ... the ball ricocheted off his shaft about 20mm from his teeth ......

Bag: Taylor Made Stand Bag
Driver: Founders Club Fresh Metal 460cc Titanium
Hybrid: 3 iron Adams IDEA
Irons: Mizuno MX-17 4-SW
Putter: Yes! Sandy putter

The course where I play, for some reason, is home to a huge number of crows. All the funny events I have witnessed had something to do with crows.

In the final round of the 2007 Alexandria Open, and on the 4th hole, the teeing players were two of the best players in Egypt: my own teaching pro, and another guy who for years have been crowned as the number one golfer in the Arab world. Anyway, my teaching pro tees off, whacks a drive smoking down into the middle of the fairway 300 something yards. The other guy tees off, and hits his drive nothing short of the first, but in mid-air, the ball hits a crow flying across the fairway. The crow is instantly killed and falls down, the ball changes its direction and goes out of bounds. That guy ended up losing to my pro teacher by a 1 stroke difference.

Another time I was on the par 3 10th, a very short 125 yards hole with an elevated green surrounded by bunkers from 3 sides. I hit a 8 iron off the tee and my ball finds the edge of the green just next to the right bunker. A crow was dozing off next to it, and when I started moving towards the green to putt my ball, I see the craw pushing the ball right down into the bunker. I ran full charge and threw a bottle of water I had in my hands at him but I missed, and the ball went down into the bunker.

Another time on the par 3 7th, a 175 yards hole with a small artificial pond in front of the bunker, my friends tees off, his ball finds the lake and bounces from the lake onto the edge of the green (the lake very shallow about a 10 inches deep and sometimes when it's not full to the rim the ball just bounces off the hard ground of the pond) and hits a crow sitting on the green. The ball jumps back into the pond and stays there.

Another time on the par 4 11th, my 2nd shot hooks into the left woods. I go there to play and notice something moving beside my ball. I go to check it out I find a small white bat staggering to get up on it's legs. By the time I realized it was a bat it had got up and started flying towards me. I threw my club and ran off away from it. The bat flew into the fairway and suddenly a herd of about 5 or 6 crows were after it trying to pull it down and kill it, which they did after some chasing. One of the most amazing scenes I've ever witnessed.

One last non-crow related incident; I was one time on the range hitting my irons without wearing a glove. My hands got slippery and the club flew off my arms on the follow-through to land inches in front of another guy. I was very embarrassed I didn't even know how to apologize.
My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

i was collecting bags on the range one day and a guy was teaching his gf how to swing... he's placing balls in front of her so she can hit them... i dont know if she was taking practice swings or whatnot... but he reaches for a ball to place down in front of her and she swings and catches his shin... all i heard was both of them screaming... and him jumping around on one foot... hahaha... he didnt ask for an ambulance so she musta caught him on the side of his calf/shin... yikes
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

i saw someone swing so hard on damp ground that he fell down and busted his a** on the ground...got up all muddy..and only hit the ball about 15 feet...... we got paired up by the starter...so I just asked if he needed help...but 1 of the funniest things i've seen on a course...
another is more destructive.... the guy was coming down the cart path..a hill that led into a pond...and yes...he skid into the pond... he did have to pay for the golf cart i think????
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

I was a freshman in college. First week of school and my roommate was a prick. The only thing we had in common was that we played golf. So we go play the local muni. I'm just kickin his ass up and down the course. On the 9th hole he tees it up and hits a beautiful drive with flies around 220 yards when it hits a bird and drops. So we drive up and see the bird and the ball laying about a foot away from each other. He takes his driver and pokes the bird to make sure its dead. At that point the bird wakes up and started to attack him. He's in such a panic that the only thing he can think of to do is swing the club around. So there I am watching this dumb ass lunge his club at this bird which chased him for a good five minutes around a par five before leaving.

Clubs:
Driver: Ping Rapture 10.5 degree, Stiff Flex shaft
Fairway Wood: Ping Rapture 17* - Stiff Shaft
Hybrids: Callaway Heaven Wood 20* Firm Flex
Irons: Titleist 704 CB (Forged) (4-PW), Dynamic Gold S300 ShaftsWedges: Titleist Vokey 52 and 58 degreePutter: Odessy White Hot XG Model #1Bag: Ping HooferBa...

we got really hot cart-girls/beverage girls at our course. we were on a split fairway separated by some trees. My buddy needs to take a leak so he heads between two trees, whips it out and is doing his thing. doesnt realize the cart girl is accross the fairway from him waiting silently for the group on the tee box ahead to tee off. she was just looking at him. i have never seen a more uncomfortable person each time she came around. we must have done everything in our power to stall her and keep her there as long as we could everytime she came around. I would point at my buddy and yell to her "hey, did you see my buddys ball?!?!" we'd say "he's a HUGE tipper!" stuff like that...

In my Bag:

Tour Burner 9.5* ProLaunch Red Shaft
Baffler TWS & DWS Hybrids: 2,4
Irons: 09 Burners 4-AWWC Liquid Copper SW 56*WC Liquid Copper LW 60*Putter: Black OZ T130 TP Black

This one happened yesterday.

I am playing with my buddy and his roomate who is from South Africa and is here on a work Visa ... he playes pretty well, we are coming up the 2nd fairway and he fires his second shot at the green and shanks it left ... About thirty yards left and behind the green is the groundscrew's shed ... actually it's an old cinderblock barn (complete with silo) ... well the roomates shanked shot hits about 4/5ths of the way up on the barn and kicks back onto the green and settles down about 3 feet from the pin ... he proceeded to make the putt for a birdie (3) .... being the ass I can be I was trying to find anything in the course gound rules that would have prohibited that shot ... but there was nothing in them that said that the barn was OB or anything else that would have not counted that stroke ... all I could do was say the next time he wanted to do that he HAD to call "backboard" or it wouldn't count.

Also yesterday ... the group behind us had two young kids who were true "bombers" off the tee (now I am about 240 - 245 off the tee and I am calling these kids bombers ... just a perspective statement, not a "hey look at me I can hit a drive" statement) ... on the 15th a par 5, we are hitting our 3rd shots into (somewhere around) the green and I can see the kids on the tee, one winds up and fires his shot sraight through the slight dog-leg and we hear it hit a tree (KNOCK ~ we all know that distinctive sound) then we hear THE WHOLE TREE CRUMBLE TO THE GROUND! It had to have been a completely dead/termite infested tree and he had to have hit it JUST RIGHT ... but that thing crumbled ...
In my Bag:

Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff shaft
3 WoodBurner 15* stiff shaft
5 WoodBurner 18* stiff ShaftHybrid3DX (18.5*)Irons: (4-LW):Putter: Rossa Indy SportBalls: Reds

Two of the funniest things I have seen on a course are:

1. Probably around 8-9 years ago, my father, brother and myself went up to the local state park (9 holes, $9 bucks) to get in a quick round. We get there, and there is a decent line (they didn't take tee times), I think we are the fourth group to go off. Then it starts to really pile up behind us. My father tees up his driver, blasts the ball which hits off the front tee marker (4" square wooden block). The ball ricochets back into the crowd of people and but hits no one. Seeing them all dance was hilarious. Then we go up to look for the tee marker, and couldn't find it, anywhere. Still haven't to my knowledge.

2. 2 years ago I got invited to play in a charity golf captain and crew tournament. I had never played the course before, but was told it was a good time and it was for a good cause. Get to the course, looked like a decent course in excellent condition, but no range, and no practice green. Odd, but OK. Then they announce the pairings (they paired 2 teams together on each hole, which was a first for me, playing through with eight) and we get stuck with the guy running the tournament. We started on a short par 3, both teams played it well, I thought it wouldn't be too bad. Then we get to the next hole, a longer par 4. We all hit our tee shots, go pick up the bad ones, and get to our best drive, which is near the other teams. We get up there and see the guy running the tournament poking something with a club. We go over to see what looks like a dead skunk, and here is this guy poking it. All of a sudden, it moves, we sprint away and he, his partner and his cart get sprayed. Those two left the course pretty quickly and we finished with the other 2.

WITB
Driver: Ping G425 - Aldila Rogue White
3 Wood: Nike SQ Dymo 
Hybrid: TaylorMade SLDR
Irons: Ping i525 Retro Spec
Wedges: Cleveland 588 (52,56,60)
Putter: Never Compromise Gamble Limited Custom

Balls: Titleist ProV1

One time my friend, a double we got paired up with, and I were stuck behind a really slow group of old ladies who wouldn't let us play through so we decided to skip the tenth. We started running towards the 11th tee so that we could get as far ahead of them as we possibly could. Unfortunately I was pushing my push cart instead of pulling it. I was too excited and running to fast and the front caught the ground. It had a pole-vault effect and, regardless of my efforts, flung me up in the air and over my cart. Needless to say I was embarrassed in front of my friend and the group we were passing.

l Bag l TaylorMade Stand Bag

l Driver l TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5* l 3-Wood l Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

l Hybrids l TaylorMade '07 Burner 19* : TaylorMade '10 Rescue 22*

l Irons l TaylorMade r7 5-PW l Wedges l Titleist Bob Vokey 52* 56* 60*

l Putter l Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34" l Balls l TaylorMade Penta TP

During one of our associations golf trips, I saw a guy pass his tee box. He turned hard to his left and threw his 75 year old dad out while in mid-drink. The older guy was ok, but was covered in his drink and the dirt that attached to it.

In my bag:

Driver: 907d2
Fairway: R7 ti 5-Wood
Hybrids: 909H 21 Rescue 4Irons: KZG Forged Evolution 5 - PW w/Rifle 6.0 shaftWedges: 52 Rac & Vokey 58Putter: Studio Select 2Ball: Titleist ProV1xEyes: SG5

My buddy snapped his driver head off on the top level of stalls at an indoor range. It flew about 30 yards out and he paid some little kid playing the mini putt a dollar to run out and grab it. The kid made it out and back, but showed some serious dodging skills. He'd be good at that one American Gladiators game w/ the tennis ball gun.

Another was when we were hitting balls on a disc golf course to work pitching and such. Another friend decided to blast one into the timber, but bladed it and it sliced through an occupied picinic shelter, missing 4 posts and 3 tables of people. It hit the corner of the curb and shot off and hit a truck.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

Way back in my junior days we were waiting in the fairway to hit our approach shots into the green during a practice after school. I guess my teammate got bored since four of our other guys were taking their sweet time on the green so he decided it would be funny to go ahead and hit his shot while they finished putting. One of the guys was holding the flagstick while watching the rest of the group finish when the ball hit the flagstick he was holding. He got so mad and charged the guy who hit the ball only to dive just as he stepped to the side. He did a perfect face-plant into the turf and turned around and walked back up to the green without touching the guy who hit it. We were all dying laughing and never let either one of them live it down.

In my sack:

Driver: VR STR-8 Fit Tour 10.5 VooDoo stiff
3 wood: 909F2 13.5* stiff Diamana
Hybrid: Rescue 19* stiff3-6: MP 52 S3007-PW: MP 62 S300Wedges: 54-12, 58-8Putter: Newport 2 TeI3

I was behind a foursome that included one guy who's never read a rule book or cared about golf etiquette. This knucklehead was rude enough to walk off the green, in mid-putt, to go and buy a beer, holding us up. Sure enough, a few holes later, he hits another 70 yard drive and proceeds to pound his driver into the tee area. What happens? He breaks the driver head.

As upset as I was to be behind this guy this made my day. Every time I think about it I get a chuckle.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I was playing in a four man scramble on the last night of my league and our group was about 20 ft. long of the hole on the fringe of a par three, chipping back in the direction of the tee box. Well, the first to hit for our team, who was quite inebriated, must have completely forgotten where he was-- eight inches off of the green he takes a massive full swing and smacks the ball 130 yards back up the fairway.

On another league night (I wasn't there but heard form their opponents) this guys similarly drunken partner took two whacks at the ball and barely moved it a yard. On his third attempt he takes a healthy cut and shields his eyes to see where it's gone. When no one sees it flying, the group eventually realizes that he has chopped a 10 inch divot right on top of his ball, which still sits at his feet.

Let these stories be a word of caution to those who think that just one more beer won't hurt.

Launcher 2009 10.5º, S
Rescue Dual 16º
Rescue Dual 19º
Maltby MTF 4-pw, Rifle 5.5
Maltby M-Series 52.6, 58.8 2008 AnserOut of the bag: Big Bertha Fusion 15º, YS6+ R (for sale or trade)

I was with some buddies when one hit a worm burner off the tee and it hit a railroad tie in the front of the tee box and ricocheted back hitting one of them in the upper thighs, about an inch below his boys. He had perfectly circular bruises on both thighs. He wondered what to tell his wife, so we suggested he tell her it was whisker burn.

There was a crappy driver in the creek and a maintenance worker drives by and sees it. We talk him into going in after the driver because it might be a "good" one. He strips down to his skivvies and gets that driver. The funny this was that he could not doggy paddle with the club in his hand. He was swimming in circles. When he got out, the club was a wall-mart special. He was hacked, as everyone else was rolling.

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

Note: This thread is 5491 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!