IGNORED

golf shoes

Note: This thread is 5527 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thats the problem with some of the golf stores and even some shoe stores in general. It is hard to find size 13 wide sometimes.

I am currently wearing a pair of New Balance tennis shoes now because I know they my some wide models for us wide bodies.

Barry

In the Bag

Custom Built
Driver - R7 Draw 460 / Matrix Studio 84 Shaft X-Stiff
3 Wood - Kest S S.D. T-Steel / Matrix Studio 94 Shaft X-Stiff5 Wood - Kent S S.D. T-Steel / Matrix Studio 94 Shaft X-Stiff3 Hybrid - RX Low Pro / Matrix Studio 94 Shaft X-StiffIrons - 4-PW C1 Tour / Precision Rifle...

Wedges - Titlest Vokey Wedges SM5 56-14 and 52-12

I have Adidas tour 360, 360 II, powerband. And they are all tennis shoe comfortable with SUPER stability.

My first shoes were Nike - sole got lose pretty quickly, so i went with Eccos - their spikes wore down pretty quickly and since i´m lazy and dont like changing spikes that often i tried Adidas - BINGO - I had Tour 360, Tour ltd and this year Tour 360 3.0 - Spikes hold a long time, the shoes dont need to be worn in and i never could damage these shoes, they are just super reliable and i really love them. Only think i dislike was the steep price tag, but since i get them very cheap nowadays there is just no alternative.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

I seem to have gravitated towards the Adidas Powerbands. I have three actually, all white, all black, and white & black.

Just love them. comfortable and really help me keep my base sturdy.

I think they came down in price too. Really good golf shoes

X86 stand bag
905T Driver
AP2 4-W
R5 3 wood
3 hybrid Vokey SM 56 #1 putter Pro V1/Pro V1x

Right now the best golf shoe out (under $100) is the Footjoy Contour series. Nothing comes close and I've tried a bunch. I can't see paying $250 for golf shoes. Call me cheap.

Next time you're in a golf shop, look at the Footjoy Classic Drys.... $345 a pair.

After I picked myself up off the floor I bought a pair of Footjoy golf sandals for $52. I also have a pair of the Contours which I've worn for the last 2 years... still in good shape.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My first shoes were Nike - sole got lose pretty quickly, so i went with Eccos - their spikes wore down pretty quickly and since i´m lazy and dont like changing spikes that often i tried Adidas - BINGO - I had Tour 360, Tour ltd and this year Tour 360 3.0 - Spikes hold a long time, the shoes dont need to be worn in and i never could damage these shoes, they are just super reliable and i really love them.

How are the Tour LTD. I could never justify the 249 price tag???

BTW I have worn Contours and for the price you wont find better!

:taylormade: R9 9.5d with Fujikura Motore 65 Stiff
ss-07 13deg 3 wood Graphite Design Purple Ice 85-S
Md-17 1i/4w UST V2 Tour Hybrid X
A3 Pro 20 Tour Prototype Mitsubishi Javln X
MP 57 4,5,6 Project X 6.5 MP 67 7,8,9 Project X 6.5 Vokey 200 series 48d Project X satin 6.5/ Vokey 09SMTC 54.11...

Another vote for the Tour 360 LTD's. One of the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. That foam fit technology is amazing, as are the number of cleats on the bottom. Definitely get them off the 'bay - I've bought two pair from there, $150 max.

In the Vector:

Driver - Hibore XL 9.5
Woods - exotics cb2 15* 906f4 18.5*
Hybrid - clk 20Irons - MP-33 (4-P)Wedges - oil can vokey's 52.08, SM56.10, SM60.08Putters - Studio Laguna 2.5Ball - Touri

Thats the problem with some of the golf stores and even some shoe stores in general. It is hard to find size 13 wide sometimes.

I understand about the 13 wides. I have a wide foot and the Footjoy contour

medium width are perfect for me. I used to be an Adidas freak. Basketball, running, golf...I wore their shoes for every sport. IMO they have gone downhill as far as their cut. They used to favor wide footed people. Now their shoes are way too narrow for me and the wides are few and far between.

I have size 13, fairly wide feet. Footjoy, nike and ecco all work good for me and not in wide sizes either.

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

Am I the only one who finds golf shoes uncomfortable?
i have a $100 pair Nike's great shoes, but I swear I have a pair of Puma Low Cut turf shoes, that have little knobs all over the bottom and they are the most comfortable shoes ever, I find myself wearing those over my golf shoes becasue of the comfort, and they grip nicely to the turf.

Part of my problem is my 5th back surgery was a fusion of the lower back. When doing that, the surgeon had to really move the nerves around and when I woke up I had numbness in my right leg below the knee and the foot. It has now been 2.5 years since that one and the numbness has only lessened slightly.

Per the doctor, it may get better, it may not. My right foot feels like it is constantly asleep and any touch is irritating. Over time it has calmed a little but not much. I was thinking I may need XW shoes to compensate for this but we will see. It took me about 5 months to find a new pair of shoes that the foot could stand after surgery and it ended up being the exact model of New Balance running shoe that I had for 2 years before. My existing pair of FJ Fit Dogs are just barely doable with this right foot.

Barry

In the Bag

Custom Built
Driver - R7 Draw 460 / Matrix Studio 84 Shaft X-Stiff
3 Wood - Kest S S.D. T-Steel / Matrix Studio 94 Shaft X-Stiff5 Wood - Kent S S.D. T-Steel / Matrix Studio 94 Shaft X-Stiff3 Hybrid - RX Low Pro / Matrix Studio 94 Shaft X-StiffIrons - 4-PW C1 Tour / Precision Rifle...

Wedges - Titlest Vokey Wedges SM5 56-14 and 52-12

Barry,

Will have to say a little prayer for you my man. My dad had fusion done in his lower back and recently had the 2 screws moved up higher. So I've seen someone with what you're dealing with. He completed of numbness in his leg right before the second fusion.

As far as shoes, I think New Balance are great shoes. I did work at our NB store, but I still buy them even after not working there anymore. They are just good shoes, plain and simple. Honestly I like my Nike golf shoes but it's really for appearance more than comfort.

Hope you feel better.
Bag:
Driver: '09 Burner 9.5*
3 wood: SQ2
Hybrid 3: SQ2
Irons 4 - AW: r7SW: Vokey SM 56FW: 64Putter: fastbackBalls: NXT Tour

Footjoy Classics Tour shoes are very comfortable shoes but if you want them you'd better buy them now... Footjoy is closing the plant that manufactures them... Just picked up a pair of Nike Zoom Elites this afternoon at PGA Tour Superstore... Very comfortable, under $100

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

Note: This thread is 5527 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!