IGNORED

Which Young Gun will win the Most Majors

juanrjackson
Note: This thread is 5297 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which player will win the most majors & replace Tiger as the world's dominate player?

• Danny Lee
    • Rory McIlroy
    • Ryo Ishikawa
    • Anthony Kim
    • Camilo Villegas

& be the next dominate player in the world?

In my clicgear.gif 2.0 Push Cart and callaway.gifgolf bag are - 

Z-Star driver 10.5  Mashie 3 and 7 metals  Mashie 4 hyrbird  Z-Star 4-PW Irons  cleveland.gifCG Black 48, 52, 56 degree wedges  GoLo putter  upro mx+ gps

1. Rory McIlroy
2. Camilo Villegas
3. Anthony Kim
4. Ryo Ishikawa
5. Danny Lee

There's my guess.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1. Rory McIlroy
2. Camilo Villegas
3. Danny Lee
4. Ryo Ishikawa
5. Anthony Kim

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

My bad on Camilo Villegas....I thought it was like 23...not 27 lol

In my clicgear.gif 2.0 Push Cart and callaway.gifgolf bag are - 

Z-Star driver 10.5  Mashie 3 and 7 metals  Mashie 4 hyrbird  Z-Star 4-PW Irons  cleveland.gifCG Black 48, 52, 56 degree wedges  GoLo putter  upro mx+ gps

Eh, calling Villegas a "young gun" might be a little much. He's young, but like "19-years-old" young.

Sorry, I meant NOT like "19-years-old" young.

-Rich

Anthony Kim

No Doubt about Rory McIlroy either.

After following Ishikawa this week at the Transitions Championship...seems like he is groomed for The Masters, dude hits the ball SKY HIGH with all clubs.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

ak without a doubt! hes gone walkabouts recently and not really been up ther at all since the merc-benz championship but the kid is super talented and will be challenging for majors this year!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

• 6 months later...
Well, 2009 presidents cup told me to watch out for this 18 year old from Japan. He is aggressive yet calm, full of power yet can putt. It's scary combination.

"During our weekly Lamaze class, the instructor emphasized the importance of exercise, hinting strongly that husbands need to get out and start walking with their wives. From the back of the room one expectant father inquired, "Would it be okay if she carries a bag of golf clubs while she walks?"

ak without a doubt! hes gone walkabouts recently and not really been up ther at all since the merc-benz championship but the kid is super talented and will be challenging for majors this year!

I think on a year or two when he starts to settle down he'll be hard to stop.

A quote from Kris
...is that college bball really isn't "lower tier". The better teams have their rosters filled with guys who could play in the NBA. hell, guys used to come straight from high school to the NBA. I really don't think there's much of a difference skill-wise between the two.

I feel like Camilo will return to form-but as to who will overtake Tiger? Depends on how long Tiger wants to be #1. If Tiger keeps playing 15-20 tournaments until age 50-he'll be #1 or #2 until age 50.

AK can be scary because he can light up the scores with tons of birdies, but when he's off, he's really off (i.e. most of the President's Cup).

I said Danny Lee and I think he'll win at least one within the next 3 or 4 years. Ishikawa and Matteo Manassero are going to be 1 and 2 in 10 years, though.

I'm gonna go with AK on this one. Hes still young and full of power. He will find it some day.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

Lol! It's a poll I suppose. My vote to Ishikawa out of those listed but Matteo Mannesero(sp?) is one to keep an eye on as well. Check again in ~25 years!

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Seems like we've been waiting on a 'young gun' to seriously challenge the top players for a very, very long time.

I had hopes for Luke Donald, but the last three years have been ho-hum.

I'm surprised at the number of posters that like Kim's chances. Other than that one big win, I just don't see the results.

I haven't seen Ishikawa enough to have an opinion other than you have to be impressed at a 18 year-old playing well in a format like the President's Cup.

Of those, I've seen in person, I like Rory McIlroy's chances. He fell a couple shots short, but I was really impressed by his game at the U.S. Open.

Driver: G10 9.5*
Fairway Woods: 3 & 5
Hybrid: 21*
Irons: I10 4 - 9
Wedges: 48* + Spin-Milled 54 & 60*Putter: Rossa FontanaBall: B330-RX

Note: This thread is 5297 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!