IGNORED

Jack vs. Tiger: Who's the Greatest Golfer?

sungho_kr

Greatest Golfer (GOAT)  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Tiger or Jack: Who's the greatest golfer?

• Tiger Woods is the man
    • Jack Nicklaus is my favorite

No doubt Jack was the man. Tiger is the man.

EDGE stand bag
S9-1 PRO S - Matrix XCON 6
Rapture 14 degree Aldila VS
DWS Baffler 2 Hybrid Adila stiff
A7 4 hybrid USTAXIVAP1 710 5-GW KBS StiffCG14 - 54.1262.07 Vokey Spin MilledWhite Ice BladeGolf BallsBlack TP & Pro V1x

Can I vote for Bobby Jones? Just kidding. They are both spectacular assets to the game of golf and neither should be undervalued. I say Tiger is more skilled, but he has had more advantages than Nicklaus. Jack, I'd say, is much more of a sportsman than Tiger, and his politeness on/off the course puts him ahead of Woods. (I believe etiquette and sportsmanship is just as much a part of golf as hitting the ball.)

Tiger's obviously a great player, but I've always had this feeling that he was raised from birth with this future in mind rather than having come by it naturally.

I'm also a believer in the theory that Jack had more competition. If Tiger is the Jack of today, who is today's Palmer?

Jack and Tiger, different era + different money + different equipment + more players that are competitive these days. Tiger is such an inspiration to all golfers as I suppose Jack was in his prime. I am sure Tiger will beat Jacks record. I believe that if you gave Tiger the balls that Jack used and his clubs when Jack was in his prime, Tiger would still play like an immortal. As we all know, Tiger is a freak, great to have him, can't wait for him to get back to playing.

Honestly, I'm a bit young to know much about Jack, but everything I can't imagine anything better than Tiger. Not only is he an excellent golfer but he is a model citizen, and in my opinion an outstanding man.

Hi there

I'm probably also too young to be a real Jack fan and with Tiger as the main advertising figure for my company I'm probably a bit biased too

Regards from Switzerland
Reto

Driver: Mizuno MX-500
Hybrid: Cleveland HiBore 23°
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 4-P, MP-60 2-Iron
Wedges: Mizuno MX 51°, MX 56°
Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi BC1Putter: Mizuno Tour 940

I love to watch Tiger because he is so unbelievable with his power swings and nerve to go for it. However, Jack is the one I learned my swing mechanics. Not too many people can model after Tiger. I have to stay loyal to Jack. His old videos have helped me a lot.

Mermaid

I think by the time he's done - it will be TW.

for some reason, just this morning i was thinking about when tiger was sporting the goatee - i thought to myself "maybe that wasn't tiger at all. maybe that was Evil Tiger from an Alternate Dimension." you know, like on the old star trek episodes.

I always like Jack but wish he had the equipment we have today, man what could he do then?

Walter Hagen MS2 Irons w/Hybrids
Walter Hagen MS2 3 Wood
Maxfli Crossbax B60 Putter

I wasn't alive for Jack in his hay day and Tiger is great but I would have to say give Jack what we have now and he would win.