IGNORED

What's your driver swing speed?

Dub
Note: This thread is 4244 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. what is your driver swing speed?

• below 75mph
    • 75-80mph
    • 80-85mph
    • 85-90mph
    • 90-95mph
    • 95-100mph
    • 100-105mph
    • 105-110mph
    • 110-115mph
    • above 115mph

The thing I love on these threads is how everyone has to not only relay their normal driver SS, but also... "I can crank it up to..." OR "If needed I can get it up to..."

Oh I can crank it up. But the problem is when I do the ball goes straight about 100yds and then about 150yds to the right. One of these days I'm going to find a par 4 with a sharp dogleg to the right and see if I can get the ball to roll up on the green. Naturally though that will be the time I crank one straight 300 yards.

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

I think your figures are off. The best clubhead speed you could get would be 90 MPH with pure contact if your ball speed is right, and there's no way you're hitting the ball 270 with 90 MPH clubhead speed. The realistic number there is about 230 yards, tops, and that's with a little more roll than typical.

The ballspeed measurement was in Janruary. Back then I was using a Snake Eyes 10.5 degree, 360cc driver with a shaft rated for 95-105mph swing speeds. I had a horrible slice at the that time. I was getting maybe 220yrds.

Since then I have reworked my swing, got a new driver, and have not been measured since. So, yeah I could have a higher speed. I do know the trajectory, flight, and distance all improved with the swing change and increased with the driver update.

LD F Speed 9.5 Driver Stiff
MX 700 3W Stiff
MP Fli Hi 2, 3, 4
MP 52 5i-9i
MP-T 47.06, 51.06, & 58.10 White Hot XG Teron Putter ProV1x ShoesQUOTE:"I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones" - Terry "The Wedge Guy" Koehler

93 mph average on the downswing

115 mph on the backswing

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

• 3 years later...
Originally Posted by HackerUpNorth

Swing speed 127, distance depends on the situation.

REALLY!! That's on the higher end of the PGA Tour swing speeds.

My Bag:

Burner 9.5

X 3&5 Woods

DCI Gold 3- PW(48*) + 52* Vokey wedge

56* sand wedge

Cushin Putter

if you go by the equipment at golfsmith, I'm around 90 mph, and on the course I'm around 240 typically, max 255 yds if the stars align.   At the current stage of my development, distance is the last thing I'm worried about ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

92-93mph. I know I can hit it 240+/-

What's In My  Stand Bag

Driver:  FT-iZ 9*

Hybrids: C3 3,4,5

Irons: C3 6-GW

Wedges: C3 58*/8 and 54*/12

Putter:  blade

Ball: Gamer V2

http://cdn.thesandtrap.com/0/0d/150x50px-LL-0d81d772_tst_award_kickstarter_otm.png

Yeah but they hit on the screws a lot more often, have something called a short game, and don't choke under pressure!(well most of them)  That swing speed look great on a driving range, but on the real course I'm learning to control it and be more consistent.

Originally Posted by HackerUpNorth

Yeah but they hit on the screws a lot more often, have something called a short game, and don't choke under pressure!(well most of them)  That swing speed look great on a driving range, but on the real course I'm learning to control it and be more consistent.

I understand... taking things from the range to the course is sometimes quite difficult. Kinda like getting to a par 5 in 2 then 4 putting. It's like a kick in the pants

My Bag:

Burner 9.5

X 3&5 Woods

DCI Gold 3- PW(48*) + 52* Vokey wedge

56* sand wedge

Cushin Putter

21% replied with.........over 115mph.    NOT........

Hahaha....OK, that is funny!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I've seen 111 on the trackman but I swing out to in when I swing it that hard. I've worked and worked and worked on that and I'm getting "better" but it's still not there. If I do a textbook swing like I was taught, I only see 98mph give or take 1. I wish I could correct my swing plane when I go after it. In time.......

910 D2 10.5  910F 3w  910H 19*

712 AP1 4-GW  Vokey SM4 54* and 58*

Select Golo  E5

I suppose I am being the "thread cynic" here but I have never really been interested in swing speed. To me, the distance traveled and the fairways hit are more important.

I know that as of last week, after finally correcting my "take away" forcing a more natural and desired swing plane, I was able to strike it well as far as 302 with a more realistic average down to 260. I felt very relaxed. I was more thrilled with the 8 fairways and greater number of 270+ drives than I have hit all year, than I could ever be with some two or three digit number that really doesn't do a heck of a lot for me.

I know I can master this swing and then work on increasing rotational speed and tweaking my mechanics to achieve higher swing speeds.... but still, that is just a little factor that I like to call "swinging harder."

However, after researching charted speeds it must be somewhere in the 95 - 110 mph region; best guess. Meaning.... When I manage to put it 302 yards out there it probably carried around 270 so it must have been in the 105 - 110 neighborhood. However, when I more often drop it to 260 - 270 it probably carried somewhere between 240 - 250 so its likely in the 100 - 105 distance. A 250 yard drive probably registered somewhere in the 95 - 100 mph range.

Given that I averaged around 260 this weekend after fixing some mechanical issues, I'm willing to say somewhere around 100 - 105....

Other than that, I can't really say for sure.

Driver: :adams: Speedline F11 9.5* loft 3 Wood: :adams: Speedline F12 15* Hybrid: :adams: Idea Super Hybrid 17* - Used in place of my 5 wood Hybrid: :adams: Idea A1 i-wood 21* Irons: :adams: Idea A1 5-PW Wedges: :adams: Watson 52*, 56*, 60* Wedges Putter: :tmade: Rossa Lambeau, Black

Was in the simulator trying out a driver a few weeks ago and was around 95, + or - a couple mph either side of that. My average drive when I hit the ball decently, is probably 230 to 240.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Note: This thread is 4244 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!